Manchester United

redrus

I think I speak for a lot of reds and maybe a lot of general football fans too when I say that, losing Tevez will not only be a great loss to United but, a great loss to the Premiership....! :D

Me and Tevez last April (ish) filming for the Nike advert, i've blacked my face out so i don't make Tevez look too ugly :o Ronaldo and Rooney were there also, at the Newton Health ground.

post-19542-1233239147_thumb.jpg

F**kin hel_l tell sparky we,ve found Robinho lol

I think I speak for a lot of reds and maybe a lot of general football fans too when I say that, losing Tevez will not only be a great loss to United but, a great loss to the Premiership....! :D

Me and Tevez last April (ish) filming for the Nike advert, i've blacked my face out so i don't make Tevez look too ugly :D Ronaldo and Rooney were there also, at the Newton Health ground.

post-19542-1233239147_thumb.jpg

F**kin hel_l tell sparky we,ve found Robinho lol

He's finally found the right colour.............! :o

redrus

I know what you are saying but for example why is Jonny Evans playing so well ? because he got games at Sunderland on a regular basis and was thrown in at the deep end for United and had a good run until injury. Every young guy who has been promoted has exceeded expectations(look at the player ratings on BBC) Sitting in the stands does not improve your game and their only outlet is the sporadic reserve fixtures or going out on loan. Evra is the best left back in the EPL and Vidic is the best central defender, they will always be first choice for the big games along with Rio. You have to be positive. If you go into games thinking you will get injuries , you will.

What Larry White did for the young lads, was mainly done on the training ground....!

Man Utd ponder offer for want-away Roma defender Panucci

28.01.09 | tribalfootball.com

Manchester United are considering a move for Roma defender Christian Panucci.

The Italian veteran has declared he wants to leave Roma this week after throwing a strop over being named on the bench for Sunday's victory against Napoli.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has concerns over his defence, which has been hit hard by injury and knows Panucci can play anywhere across the back four.

England boss Fabio Capello is a huge fan of Panucci's and is convinced even at the 35 he can fit seamlessly into the pace of the Premiership.

The stumbling block will be former Real Madrid and AC Milan defender Panucci's personal demands, with United unlikely to commit to a deal for longer than six months.

A good move if we were to get him, I think. Class defender could be especially good for the league as, I believe he is cup tied for The Champions League.

redrus

Why would United need another defender when the present group of players have kept so many clean sheets ?

Neville , Brown , Ferdinand, Vidic, O Shea , Evra, Evans , the 2 da Silva boys , Eckersley How many do you need ???? Plus Fletcher who played at right back and did a great job for one match. Thats 11 and only 4 can play .Plus there is no more seats on the bus.

He came to Chelsea in the 2000-2001 season on loan and was abyssmal the time he was there.I don't think the Premier League suits him.

I'm not sure that changes my opinion too much, we are very different clubs. Even Veron, although not living up to expectations either United or Chelsea, played far better for us than you, many match going reds to this day hold Veron in high regard....!

redrus

There's no doubt that you got much more from Veron than we did although there were times when his undoubted class shone through at our place.The problem with Panucci was that he seemed to be off the pace all the time.As though the speed of the game here was too much for him.......and that was 8 years ago.

Here are my picks for the weekend. My locks are in bold :o

Arsenal 2 v West Ham 1,

Aston Villa 2 v Wigan 0,

Bolton 0 v Tottenham 1,

Fulham 1 v Portsmouth 1,

Hull 2 v West Brom 1,

Man Utd 2 v Everton 0,

Middlesbrough 0 v Blackburn 1,

Stoke 1 v Man City 1,

Liverpool 1 v Chelsea 2,

Newcastle 0 v Sunderland 1,

^

Fair point then OG, I will watch with the knowledge that Fergie must know what you do.......... :o

Fergie rules himself out of GB job

30/ 1/2009

SIR Alex Ferguson has ruled out of taking charge of a British football team at the 2012 Olympics in London.

The United manager had informal talks with Prime Minister Gordon Brown and Lord Coe, chairman of the 2012 organising committee, last year over the possibility of spearheading a bid for gold on home soil.

But Ferguson has confirmed he has no interest in a career in international football.

"No. I won't turn to international management," he told a special 200th anniversary edition of the club's magazine Inside United.

"When I've finished here, I think I deserve a rest. After here, I'm finished."

The involvement of a Great Britain side at the 2012 Games has yet to be confirmed and is opposed by the football associations of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, who fear it could jeopardise their independent status within FIFA.

post-16343-1233311878_thumb.jpg

Involvement

But just last month, when asked at a Downing Street press conference what he wanted for Christmas, Brown said: "That we have an Olympics team for the 2012 Olympics that is a football team from Britain."

Brown also suggested the involvement of Ferguson could help to bring the Scots on board, adding: "Sebastian Coe and I have talked to Alex Ferguson about the possibility that he might want to be the manager."

He added: "I think there is a way around this problem, and I think the way around this problem can be found if people can get round the table and discuss it."

Earlier last year, however, Ferguson, 67, insisted that he was too old to guarantee his involvement.

"I'll be 70 then, so I don't need any commitment to anything like that," he said.

"I would not, in any way, shape or form try to commit myself to anything like that four years away.

"I'm not sure they would allow it (the GB Team) anyway, because countries have their own identity

redrus

Just wanted to say that we're looking forward to stopping that record breaking run without conceeding a Goal next week that you've got going.. :o

Can't see Everton scoring really & to be honest, i can't see ANYONE getting near to a point against Man Ure really but we will score against you next week, trouble is we'll conceede 3... :D

Edited by MSingh

Rooney's set to be let off leash

February 03, 2009

WAYNE Rooney could boost United's attacking options on Sunday against West Ham as the latest wave of injured stars return.

The England striker has missed the Reds' last five matches after suffering a career first hamstring injury against Wigan three weeks ago.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has been at pains not to rush the 23-year-old but if he can get enough minutes on the training ground this week he will be up for selection at Upton Park.

The visit to the Hammers could also see United's Moscow five defensive line up start a game for the first time since October.

The Champions League final rearguard hasn't played together since the Goodison game at Everton after which Wes Brown was KO'd by ankle surgery.

But Patrice Evra is also set to be fit again for the trip to East London at the weekend following his own ankle problem suffered against Chelsea a month ago.

The French left back has been absent for the last six matches.

While the defence has still managed to rack up a record-breaking clean sheet record during the injury mayhem, with Premier League, FA Cup and Champions League fare on the schedule this month Fergie will be happy the treatment room blockage is beginning to ease.

Winger Nani is also ready to be available again following his groin injury against Derby County in the Carling Cup semi final second leg.

I am guessing that Rooney and Evra will be on the bench and only play if needed at or around the 60 min mark.

For fun, my picks for the weekend, locks in bold :o

Blackburn 0 v 2 Aston Villa,

Chelsea 2 v 1 Hull,

Everton 1 v 0 Bolton,

Man City 2 v 0 Middlesbrough,

Portsmouth 1 v 1 Liverpool,

Sunderland 1 v 1 Stoke,

West Brom 1 v 0 Newcastle,

Wigan 1 v 1 Fulham,

Tottenham 2 v 2 Arsenal,

West Ham 1 v 2 Man Utd,

would have picked LP to win but without SG, me thinks they will struggle - even at Pompey.

For fun, my picks for the weekend, locks in bold :o

Chelsea 2 v 1 Hull,

Everton 1 v 0 Bolton,

Sunderland 1 v 1 Stoke,

Wigan 1 v 1 Fulham,

Tottenham 2 v 2 Arsenal,

West Ham 1 v 2 Man Utd,

would have picked LP to win but without SG, me thinks they will struggle - even at Pompey.

Even although you are not in the EPL comp. Why not post your predictions in the prediction thread? Thanks. Makes it easier for others to see.

For fun, my picks for the weekend, locks in bold :D

Chelsea 2 v 1 Hull,

Everton 1 v 0 Bolton,

Sunderland 1 v 1 Stoke,

Wigan 1 v 1 Fulham,

Tottenham 2 v 2 Arsenal,

West Ham 1 v 2 Man Utd,

Even although you are not in the EPL comp. Why not post your predictions in the prediction thread? Thanks. Makes it easier for others to see.

Thanks, didn't know i could :o

Terrible story, RIP fellow Football Fan..

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... 203065.ece

A SOCCER fan plunged to his death from a 60mph coach when he opened the emergency exit thinking it was the door to the LOO.

Danny McFarlane, 22, plummeted head-first on to a motorway — and was then hit by an overtaking car.

The hired coach carrying 40 Manchester United supporters screeched to a halt on the hard shoulder of the M5 as a doctor who saw the horror also pulled over.

The medic battled to save the fan but Danny died in the road from multiple injuries.

Last night his shattered mum Carol — a widow — was being comforted by friends in Newport, South Wales.

Devastated

Danny — her only child — was described as “her life”.

The coach had set out from Newport on Saturday morning and was on its way back after United’s 1-0 victory over Everton at Old Trafford.

Jubilant fans were drinking and singing when carpenter Danny, nicknamed “Blue Eyes”, got up to spend a penny in the on-board toilet.

A fellow fan said: “There were high spirits and a lot of drinkers on the coach, which may explain how the tragedy happened.”

Danny’s devastated aunt Diane Lane said: “He was just a beautiful boy in every way — looks and personality. He had the brightest blue eyes and that’s what people called him.

“He was always cracking jokes and had one of those laughs that set other people off. His mother loved him so much. He was her only child and her life.”

Dumbstruck

His pals, who had planned to continue celebrating in a pub once they got home, later continued their journey — some sobbing, others in “dumbstruck silence.”

Tributes poured in to an internet site set up in Danny’s memory on Facebook.

Advertisement

The M5 was shut for six hours after the tragedy close to Junction 1 at West Bromwich, West Midlands.

An ambulance spokesman said: “Crews found a man on the motorway with multiple injuries who was being cared for by an off-duty doctor.

“Unfortunately, despite the best efforts of ambulance staff, nothing could be done to save the man. He was confirmed dead at the scene.”

Video: Ferguson wary of West Ham

08 Feb 2009-Link to play

Sir Alex Ferguson can offer no rational explanation for West Ham's total dislike for Manchester United.

Although United are used to receiving negative reactions on their travels, Upton Park ranks alongside Anfield and Elland Road as a ground where the atmosphere is at its hottest.

It was a topic of conversation earlier this week when former Hammers boss Alan Pardew paid a visit to United's Carrington training base.

Pardew did not have an answer either, just an acknowledgement the crowd on Sunday will be at its most intense.

"I don't know why there is an extra intensity to the West Ham games," said Ferguson.

"Alan Pardew said it is the one game their fans really get revved up for, even more than Arsenal and Tottenham. It is unusual."

The relationship between the two clubs hardly improved when Paul Ince was pictured wearing a United shirt when he was still a West Ham player.

Ferguson feels it goes back much further, although Rio Ferdinand should be immune as he generally gets a warm ovation when he returns to his old club.

Wayne Rooney, Patrice Evra, Nani and Brazilian twins Rafael and Fabio all return to a United squad which has kept 12 successive clean sheets and has powered to the top, two points ahead of Liverpool heading into the weekend fixtures with a game in hand.

Little wonder United are favourites to register an 18th league title, which would equal Liverpool's proud record that has stood since the Merseysiders last won the title in 1990.

However, Ferguson is refusing to look beyond the present. And, despite the healthy look of the league table just now, the Red Devils boss is planning for a battle that goes right down to the wire.

"You have to put your mind to the possibility that the title could go down to the last few games," said Ferguson.

"I expect the worst and hope for the best."

Certainly Ferguson would happily head to Hull on the final day under the same circumstances as he travelled to Wigan last season knowing a win would seal the trophy.

"That would be fine," he said.

"It would be a position I would take at the start of the season and it could very well be that way this year."

I have an explanation, they were sick to the back teeth of The Men in Black waltzing into their own back yard and, waltzing back out again with not a scratch on em............ :o

redrus

Manchester United warning over paedophile

sundaymirror.co.uk 8/02/2009

Premier League champions Manchester United last night warned junior soccer teams to look out for a suspected paedophile who is posing as one of their club scouts.

The man in his 60s has told boys he can help them get into the Old Trafford Youth Academy.

Police were alerted after a parent challenged him at a game in Poynton, Cheshire, and he gave a fake phone number.

United urged officials to ask for official ID cards before letting a scout near young players.

The man, who has also approached youngsters in Manchester and County Durham, has a teardrop tattoo on his cheek.

The FA also warns: "Managers must ensure that all children are collected by a parent."

redrus

West Ham v Manchester United Match Preview and Live Streams

By Sam H-The West Ham Process ⋅ February 8, 2009 ⋅

Can’t help but contain my excitement about the call ups of three West Ham players to the England squad for the upcoming friendly against Spain. OK, it’s only a friendly and I suppose when you look at it they may not all get a start…but…there are no Spurs players in the squad. Neither are there any Arsenal or Liverpool and there are only two United and three Chelsea. All things considered, there are 9 ex and current West Ham players who have been named (if my memory serves me correctly, Terry played as a youth player with us).

I’m not going to go on about it, but what a sign of how Zola and Clarke have change things around for us…after all, each one of those players was under the management of Curbishley too.

Anyways, here’s the team news for today’s much anticipated game against United:

West Ham:

Once again, we have no knew injury concers to worry about. Dyer, Ashton and Gabbidon all remain sidelined.

Kovac is available for selection if necessary, although I can’t see Zola wanting to change our midfield from the start.

Man U:

Gary Neville is out with a cold, but unfortunately Rooney, Evra and Brown are all back in contention

I personally think that we are perfectly capable of winning this game, although I’m not necessarily sure that we will. We are unbeaten in 6 League games and as everyone knows, United are not only unbeaten in 12, but have also failed to concede along the way.

It’s going to be a tough game (as is to be expected) but I think the confidence and resilliance that we are playing with will see us through.

Prediction: It seems too peculiar to predict us to beat United, so I think I’m going to have to settle for a 1-1 Draw.

As I will be resuming my usual postition this weekend in the Centenary Lower, I won’t unfortunately be able to gurantee a live stream on my streaming page. What I will be posting is a list of all the best places to catch the game online, and the chat room will naturally still be open.

There’s been some quality banter going down in that little chat box these last few weeks, so if are going to be watching the game online why don’t you keep one window with the chat box open for some regulation Hammers based banter. IRONS!

Live West Ham v Manchester United Streams and Chat Room here

redrus

Manchester United warning over paedophile

sundaymirror.co.uk 8/02/2009

Premier League champions Manchester United last night warned junior soccer teams to look out for a suspected paedophile who is posing as one of their club scouts.

The man in his 60s has told boys he can help them get into the Old Trafford Youth Academy.

Police were alerted after a parent challenged him at a game in Poynton, Cheshire, and he gave a fake phone number.

United urged officials to ask for official ID cards before letting a scout near young players.

The man, who has also approached youngsters in Manchester and County Durham, has a teardrop tattoo on his cheek.

The FA also warns: "Managers must ensure that all children are collected by a parent."

redrus

So he's a wonky Scout yet all of a sudden he gets labelled a Paedophile becasuse he gave a dodgy Phone Number ??

Unreal really but thta's the Tabloids for you in the UK..

Anyway, good Game last night i thought, gonna cruise to that League Title me thinks wihtout even getting out of second Gear....

unbelieavble defensive record you lot have this season. no way anyone else is going to win the title unless a few teams can start scoring against you.

Oi, I know what you're up to, I've seen your type before, tryin to fate us, why I ought a............... :o

:D

redrus

unbelieavble defensive record you lot have this season. no way anyone else is going to win the title unless a few teams can start scoring against you.

A few weeks ago there was discussion about bringing in another defender to bolster the defence. I argued against that on the basis of the young talent that is there already. If anyone saw last nights game and the suberb performance of young 18 yr old Raphel Da Silva, thats where I was coming from. Give these kids a chance and they will blossom. On the bench his twin brother and after watching him in reserves he is nearly as good. Unfortuantly a bad shoulder injury has hampered his progress. This emerging talent will serve United for many years to come without having to resort to buying players whose best years may be behind them.

A few weeks ago there was discussion about bringing in another defender to bolster the defence. I argued against that on the basis of the young talent that is there already. If anyone saw last nights game and the suberb performance of young 18 yr old Raphel Da Silva, thats where I was coming from. Give these kids a chance and they will blossom. On the bench his twin brother and after watching him in reserves he is nearly as good. Unfortuantly a bad shoulder injury has hampered his progress. This emerging talent will serve United for many years to come without having to resort to buying players whose best years may be behind them.

Someone said to me the other Twin was/is better than Rafael ??? :o

Where does the other Twin play, anyone know ??

Someone said to me the other Twin was/is better than Rafael ??? :o

Where does the other Twin play, anyone know ??

He is nearly as good and plays right back with Rafael on Left. ( so they say) :D

BT

I've never disagreed with what we discussed a few weeks ago, what I did say was that having experience helps in the long run.

One of the reasons that Giggs and Scholes have lasted so long (besides they're own fantastic professionalism) is the way Fergie has held them back, not just now but when they were kids too. Keeping players like Bryan Robson on for a couple of years, to throw on as a sub but, to give that all important knowledge on the practice pitch too.....

I know the kids are and will come good, Manchester United as a club do not burn our young talent out at all, nevermind too early..... (Owen/Fowler)

redrus

Rafael at right back, Fabio at left and, yes playing staff and Rafael himself have been quoted as saying Fabio is better....

redrus

I bow to your superiour knowledge Redrus. :D

BT

:o

Rafael at right back, Fabio at left and, yes playing staff and Rafael himself have been quoted as saying Fabio is better....

redrus

Thta's scary...

I agree and they're on my bleedin team...... :D

redrus

In light of the recent managerial sackings found this little stat on one of the paper's websites... remember any of these names? 923 have come and gone since SAF was hired.

Liverpool: 4

Kenny Dalglish (1985-91), Graeme Souness (1991-94), Roy Evans (1994-98), Gerard Houllier (1998-2004)

Aston Villa: 6

Graham Taylor (1987-1990), Ron Atkinson (1991-94), Brian Little (1994-98), John Gregory (1998-02), Graham Taylor (2002-03), David O’Leary (2003-06)

Chelsea: 11

John Hollins (1986-88), Bobby Campbell (1989-91), Ian Porterfield (1991-93), David Webb (1993), Glenn Hoddle (1993-96), Ruud Gullit (1996-98), Gianluca Vialli (1998-00), Claudio Ranieri (2000-04), Jose Mourinho (2004-07), Avram Grant (2007-08), Luis Felipe Scolari (2008)

Arsenal: 2

George Graham (1986-95), Bruce Rioch (1995-96)

Everton: 7

Howard Kendall (1981-87), Colin Harvey (1987-90), Howard Kendall (1990-93), Mike Walker (1994), Joe Royle (1994-97), Howard Kendall (1997-98), Walter Smith (1998-2002)

Wigan Athletic: 12

Ray Mathias (1986-89), Bryan Hamilton (1989-93), Dave Philpotts (1993). Kenny Swain (1993-94), Graham Barrow (1994-95), John Deehan (1995-98), Ray Mathias (1998-99), John Benson (1999-2000), Bruce Rioch (2000-01), Steve Bruce (2001), Paul Jewell (2001-07), Chris Hutchings (2007)

West Ham: 6

John Lyall (1986-89), Billy Bonds (1991-94), Harry Redknapp (1994-01), Glenn Roeder (2001-03), Alan Pardew (2003-06), Alan Curbishley (2006-2008)

Manchester City: 12

Jimmy Frizzell (1986-87), Mel Machin (1989), Howard Kendall (1990), Peter Reid (1990-93), Brian Horton (1993-95), Alan Ball (1995-96), Steve Coppell (1996), Frank Clark (1996-98), Joe Royle (1998-01), Kevin Keegan (2001-05), Stuart Pearce (2005-07), Sven-Goran Eriksson (2007-08)

Fulham: 12

Ray Harford (1984-96), Ray Lewington (1986-90), Alan Dicks (1990-91), Don Mackay (1991-94), Ian Branfoot (1994-96), Micky Adams (1996-97), Ray Wilkins (1997-98), Kevin Keegan (1998-99), Paul Bracewell (1999-2000), Jean Tigana (2000-03), Chris Coleman (2003-07), Lawrie Sanchez (2007)

Sunderland: 9

Lawrie McMenemy (1985-87), Denis Smith (1987-91), Malcolm Crosby (1992-93), Terry Butcher (1993), Mick Buxton (1993-95), Peter Reid (1995-02), Howard Wilkinson (2002-03), Mick McCarthy (2005-06), Roy Keane (2007-08)

Hull City: 11

Brian Horton (1984-88), Eddie Gray (1988-89), Colin Appleton (1989), Stan Ternent (1989-91), Terry Dolan (1991-97), Mark Hateley (1997-98), Warren Joyce (1998-2000), Brian Little (2000-02), Jan Molby (2002), Peter Taylor (2002-06), Phil Parkinson (2006)

Newcastle Utd: 11

Willie McFaul (1986-88), Jim Smith (1988-89), Ossie Ardiles (1991-92), Kevin Keegan (1993-97), Kenny Dalglish (1997-98), Ruud Gullit (1998-99), Sir Bobby Robson (1999-04), Graeme Souness (2004-06), Glenn Roeder (2006-07), Sam Allardyce (2007-08), Kevin Keegan (2008)

Bolton Wanderers: 6

Phil Neal (1985-92), Bruce Rioch (1992-95), Roy McFarland (1995-96), Colin Todd (1996-99), Sam Allardyce (1999-2007), Sammy Lee (2007)

Tottenham: 12

David Pleat (1986-87), Terry Venables (1987-91), Peter Shreeves (1991-92), Doug Livermore (1992-93), Ossie Ardiles (1993-94), Gerry Francis (1994-97), Christian Gross (1997-98), George Graham (1998-01), Glenn Hoddle (2001-03), Jacques Santini (2004), Martin Jol (2004-07), Juande Ramos (2007-08)

Portsmouth: 14

Alan Ball (1984-89), John Gregory (1989-90), Frank Burrows (1990-91), Jim Smith (1991-95), Terry Fenwick (1995-98), Alan Ball (1998-99), Tony Pulis (2000), Steve Claridge (2000-01), Graham Rix (2001-02), Harry Redknapp (2002-04), Velimir Zajec (2004- 05), Alain Perrin (2005), Harry Redknapp (2005-08), Tony Adams (2008)

Stoke City: 13

Mick Mills (1985-89), Alan Ball (1989-91), Lou Macari (1991-93), Joe Jordan (1993-94), Lou Macari (1994-97), Chic Bates (1997-98), Chris Kamara (1998), Brian Little (1998-99), Gary Megson (1999), Gudjon Thordarson (1999-02), Steve Cotteril (2002), Tony Pulis (2002-05), Johan Boskamp (2005-06)

Blackburn Rovers: 9

Don Mackay (1987-91), Kenny Dalglish (1991-95), Ray Harford (1995-97), Roy Hodgson (1997-98), Brian Kidd (1998-99), Tony Parks (1999-00), Graeme Souness (2000-04), Mark Hughes (2004-08), Paul Ince (2008)

Middlesbrough: 5

Bruce Rioch (1986-90), Colin Todd (1990-91), Lennie Lawrence (1991-94), Bryan Robson (1994-01), Steve McClaren (2001-06)

West Brom: 12

Ron Saunders (1986-87), Ron Atkinson (1987-88), Brian Talbot (1988-91), Bobby Gould (1991-92), Ossie Ardiles (1992-93), Keith Burkinshaw (1993-94), Alan Buckley (1994-97), Ray Harford (1997), Denis Smith (1997-00), Brian Little (2000), Gary Megson (2000-04), Bryan Robson (2004-06)

Wolverhampton Wanderers: 6

Graham Turner (1986-94), Graham Taylor (1994-95), Mark McGhee (1995-98), Colin Lee (1998-2000), Dave Jones (2001-04), Glenn Hoddle (2004-06)

Reading: 8

Ian Branfoot (1984-89), Ian Porterfield (1989-91), Mark McGhee (91-94), Jimmy Quinn/Mick Gooding (1994-97), Terry Bullivant (1997-98), Tommy Burns (1998-99), Alan Pardew (1999-03)

Birmingham City: 8

John Bond (1986-87), Garry Pendrey (1987-89), Dave Mackay (1989-91), Lou Macari (1991), Terry Cooper (1991-93), Barry Fry (1993-96), Trevor Francis (1996-2001), Steve Bruce (2001-07)

Cardiff City: 14

Frank Burrows (1986-89), Len Ashurst (1989-91), Eddie May (1991-94), Terry Yorath (1994-95), Eddie May (1995), Kenny HibbItt (1995), Phil Neal (1996), Russell Osman (1996-97), Kenny Hibbitt (1998), Frank Burrows (1998-99), Billy Ayre (1999-2000), Bobby Gould (2000), Alan Cork (2000-02), Lennie Lawrence (2002-05)

Sheffield United: 8

Billy McEwan (1986-88), Dave Bassett (1988-95), Howard Kendall (1995-97), Nigel Spackman (1997-98), Steve Bruce (1998-99), Adrian Heath (1999), Neil Warnock, (1999-2007), Bryan Robson (2007-08)

Preston North End: 8

John McGrath (1986-90), Les Chapman (1990-92), John Beck (1992-94), Gary Peters (1994-98), David Moyes (1998-2002), Craig Brown (2002-04), Billy Davies (2004-06), Paul Simpson (2006-07)

Swansea City: 12

Terry Yorath (1990-91), Frank Burrows (1991-95), Bobby Smith (1995), Kevin Cullis (1996), Jan Molby (1996-97), Micky Adams (1997), Alan Cork (1997-98), John Hollins (1998-2001), Colin Addison (2001-02), Nick Cusack (2002), Brian Flynn (2002-04), Kenny Jackett (2004-07)

Queens Park Rangers: 12

Jim Smith (1985-88), Trevor Francis (1988-90), Don Howe (1990-91), Gerry Francis (1991-94), Ray Wilkins (1994-96), Stewart Houston (1996-97), Ray Harford (1997-98), Gerry Francis (1998-2001), Ian Holloway (2001-2006), Gary Waddock (2006), John Gregory (2006-07), Luigi Di Canio (2007-08)

Bristol City: 12

Terry Cooper (1982-88), Joe Jordan (1988-90), Jimmy Lumsden (1990-92), Denis Smith (1992-93), Russell Osman (1993-94), Joe Jordan (1994-97), John Ward (1997-98), Benny Lennartsson (1998-99), Tony Pulis (1999), Tony Fawthrop (2000), Danny Wilson (2000-04), Brian Tinnion (2004-05)

Burnley: 7

Brian Miller (1986-89), Frank Casper (1989-91), Jimmy Mullen (1991-96), Adrian Heath (1996-97), Chris Waddle (1997-98), Stan Ternent (1998-2004), Steve Cotterill (2004-07)

Ipswich Town: 7

Bobby Ferguson (1982-87), John Duncan (1987-90), John Lyall (1990-92), Paul Goddard (1994), George Burley (1994-2002), Tony Mowbray (2002), Joe Royale (2002-06)

Sheffield Wednesday: 12

Howard Wilkinson (1983-88), Peter Eustace (1988-89), Ron Atkinson (1989-91), Trevor Francis (1991-95), David Pleat (1995-97), Ron Atkinson (1997-98), Danny Wilson (1998-2000), Paul Jewell (2000-2001), Peter Shreeves (2001), Terry Yorath (2001-02), Chris Turner (2002-04), Paul Sturrock (2004-06)

Crystal Palace: 14

Steve Coppell (1984-93), Alan Smith (1993-95), Steve Coppell (1995-96), Dave Bassett (1996-97), Steve Coppell (1997-98), Attilio Lombardo (1998), Terry Venables (1998-99), Steve Coppell (1999-2000), Alan Smith (2001), Steve Bruce (2001), Trevor Francis (2001-03), Steve Kember (2003), Iain Dowie (2003-06), Peter Taylor (2006-07)

Coventry City: 14

George Curtis (1986-87), John Sillet (1987-90), Terry Butcher (1990-92), Don Howe (1992), Bobby Gould (1992-93), Phil Neal (1993-95), Ron Atkinson (1995-96), Gordon Strachan (1996-2001), Roland Nilsson (2001-02), Gary McAllister (2002-04), Eric Black (2004), Peter Reid (2004-05), Micky Adams (2005-07), Iain Dowie (2007)

Blackpool: 9

Sam Ellis (1982-89), Jimmy Mullen (1989-90), Graham Carr (1990), Bill Ayre (1990-94), Sam Allardyce (1994-96), Gary Megson (1996-97), Nigel Worthington (1997-99), Steve McMahon (2000-04), Colin Hendry (2004-06)

Derby County: 9

Arthur Cox (1984-93), Roy McFarland (1993-95), Jim Smith (1995-2001), Colin Todd (2001-02), John Gregory (2002-03), George Burley (2003-05), Phil Brown (2005-06), Billy Davies (2006-07), Paul Jewell (2007-08)

Plymouth Argyle: 12

Dave Smith (1984-88), Ken Brown (1988-90), David Kemp (1990-92), Peter Shilton (1992-95), Steve McCall (1995), Neil Warnock (1995-97), Mick Jones (1997-98), Kevin Hodges (1998-2000), Paul Sturrock (2000-04), Bobby Williamson (2004-05), Tony Pulis (2005-06), Ian Holloway (2006-07)

Nottingham Forest: 10

Brian Clough (1975-93), Frank Clark (1993-96), Stuart Pearce (1996-97), Dave Bassett (1997-98), Ron Atkinson (1998-99), David Platt (1999-2001), Paul Hart (2001-04), Joe Kinnear (2004), Gary Megson (2005), Colin Calderwood (2005-08)

Doncaster Rovers: 9

Dave Mackay (1987-89), Billy Bremner (1989-91), Steve Beaglehole (1991-93), Ian Atkins (1994), Sammy Chung (1994-96), Kerry Dickson (1996-97), Dave Cowling (1997), Mark Weaver (1997-98), Dave Penney (2002-06)

Norwich City: 12

Ken Brown (1980-87), Dave Stringer (1987-92), Mike Walker (1992-94), John Deehan (1994-95), Martin O’Neill (1995), Gary Megson (1995-96), Mike Walker (1996-98), Bruce Rioch (1998-2000), Bryan Hamilton (2000), Nigel Worthington (2001-06), Peter Grant (2006-07), Glenn Roeder (2007-09)

Barnsley: 12

Allan Clarke (1985-89), Mel Machin (1989-93), Viv Anderson (1993-94), Danny Wilson (1994-98), John Hendrie (1998-99), Dave Bassett (1999-2000), Nigel Spackman (2001), Steve Parkin (2001-02), Glyn Hodges (2002-03), Gudjon Thordarson (2003-04), Paul Hart (2004-05), Andy Ritchie (2005-06)

Watford: 11

Graham Taylor (1977-87), Dave Bassett (1987-88), Steve Harrison (1988-90), Colin Lee (1990), Steve Perryman (1990-93), Glenn Roeder (1993-96), Kenny Jackett (1996-97), Graham Taylor (1997-2001), Gianluca Vialli (2001-02), Ray Lewington (2002-05), Aidy Boothroyd (2005-08)

Southampton: 15

Chris Nicholl (85-91), Ian Branfoot (91-94), Alan Ball (94-95), Dave Merrington (95-96), Graeme Souness (96-97), Dave Jones (97-2000), Glenn Hoddle (2000-2001), Stuart Gray (2001), Gordon Strachen (2001-2004), Paul Sturrock (2004), Steve Wigley (2004), Harry Redknapp (2004-2005), George Burley (2005-2006), Nigel Pearson (2008), Jan Poortvliet (2008-09)

Charlton Athletic: 7

Lennie Lawrence (82-91), Steve Gritt/Alan Curbishley (91-95), Alan Curbishley (95-2006), Iain Dowie (2006), Les Reed (2006), Alan Pardew (2006-08)

Edited by bkkjames