Wine Connection Kata

Attol

Where all the bar girl bars were.......... yes meant wine connection. There is a new club there too someone just told me.. opposite the back side of the north end of Club Med.

Sign been up for ages and looks nearly done. clap2.gif

?? you talking about Wine Connection. In Kata ... where ??

Livinginkata and you didn't know about this??,opened at the weekend,but construction,signage etc has been up for months!!

PST.

?? you talking about Wine Connection. In Kata ... where ??

Livinginkata and you didn't know about this??,opened at the weekend,but construction,signage etc has been up for months!!

PST.

No I did not notice the signs, but then again I don't travel that way very often. Have a look tomorrow.

// I hope they have breakfast on the menu.

I was there last Sunday evening. (Between Moto2 and Moto GP)

Had a Cheeseburger with Coleslaw and Ratatouille, and a glas of Rosé. (Pink wine).

I managed to eat half the burger (because I was hungry)

The wine was OK.

The music? Not the kind I like together with my food. Plus too loud, and too much bass.

Too bad really. I had some decent food in WC Festival and Junk Ceylon.

I stop gooing to WC , there policy is first come first serve , but what it means first ready first out the kitchen . So you go 3 or 4 there and you never eat together. Even in a redicilous way that they serve starters and main's together. Told the '' Manager '' in central abouth it and got a reply back '' This is the way we serve the food'' one would expect different but this manager was also not fish or meat . Got the same situation 2 x before at chalong .

Now I do except this in a local restaurant at 100 Thb dish , but if you go out for a good lunch or Dinner one would expect different ? No ? If you serve European food , serve it right and well in the way it should be , otherwise stay with the traditional where one will not question .

There take away is fine , as ther big selection of wine .

I stop gooing to WC , there policy is first come first serve , but what it means first ready first out the kitchen . So you go 3 or 4 there and you never eat together. Even in a redicilous way that they serve starters and main's together. Told the '' Manager '' in central abouth it and got a reply back '' This is the way we serve the food'' one would expect different but this manager was also not fish or meat . Got the same situation 2 x before at chalong .

Now I do except this in a local restaurant at 100 Thb dish , but if you go out for a good lunch or Dinner one would expect different ? No ? If you serve European food , serve it right and well in the way it should be , otherwise stay with the traditional where one will not question .

There take away is fine , as ther big selection of wine .

Can't say I have noticed this in Jungceylon. Few times I have been a big group (8+) and food arrived about the same time for everyone. I say 'about same time' sure it was not perfect but for me acceptable.

probaly you where more lucky as I was , we ate littery seperate. Therfore my complaint but '' The no fish no meat'' server was agressive in his reply more of an attitude '' be happy or else ... '' , so there the conversation stops for me . ( you never know where you meet this person again , so better sxxt xp ) .

Look at a designated revieuw website they have a '' average '' quotation and low on service and another website same quotes . So let's keep it on a average with poor service . ( Tripadvisor(s)) .

I was only surprised that they say Cuisines : American ( sorry guys but have no clue what they mean with this , Mac D , Pizza Hut , Taco bell ,.... ).

As said , deli and wines excellent .

Went tonight and it was great. Nice chef, open kitchen. Food was good, sooo much better than Chalong! The decor is much nicer than Chalong too.. and I heard they will have music on the weekend.

Had a bite of the sesame crusted tuna and some other tastes of friends dishes. I only went to pick up some wine and ran into friends.

Wine selection very small. Wine in a box not good. Chianti in the bottle for 449 nice.

Even tonight had people in it.. Mostly Thais.

Service much better than Chalong too.

Also GOOD NEWS.. a SUSHI BAR.. just next door!! Woo Hoo. my friend said he went last night and there were even Japanese people inside! Price reasonable. Yeah Kata is getting better!!! no need to leave.

ANyone been to the club up stairs 4u?

livinging in kata really shocked you did not know as I thought I wAS THE last to know!!!

and that was about 2 months ago!

Also an Irish bar hiding back there and an Australian bar

Not an Irish Bar,but several bars,boutiqes etc,that small soi will eventually connect throught to the main road where Solution bar,Outdoor hotel,Honey resort etc are.

PST.

Well it was really green and looked like an Irish bar but it was full of brits watching the jubille thang

yeah,Run by Brits i think,alot of older ex-pats drink there,does food aswell.

PST.