Carl'S Jr. Opens In Central

LALes

Let's forget the chips or the fries and concentrate on the burgers. They are better than Maccas and BK but are no where near as good as many I have had at gourmet style burger joints.

"Gourmet" burger joints where? There is no such thing in Thailand because the beef here sucks.

• Like 1

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where else are you going to get a good burger in Pattaya?

Am I right in thinking that the Hilton does burgers in one of it's daily 350B lunchtime buffets?

If so, it's a fair bet that it will be a good one.

Personally I wouldn't pay 5B for a burger as I don't like them.

Don't like burgers?? Then I couldn't see you wanting to pay anything for something you don't like. But certainly you will not get good quality meat for less than 100thb a burger if it can be had for that.

I keep meaning to try the hilton lunch buffet and telling me they have burgers might be what gets me in there.

Thanks for that.

led me add that the most popular Carl's Jr burger that has been on the menu since I was a kid is the Western Bacon Cheesburger. Obviously comes with bacon and cheese as well as nice BBQ sauce and fried onion rings on top. It will be hard for me to pass up on one if they have them here in Thailand.

Menu_WesternBaconCheeseburger.png?1285096072

I'm with you. I will hit the joint as soon as I get there later this year

But did you ask if the cow had eaten grass 1 hour and 15 minutes before it was slaughtered? If not I wont be giving this shop an ounce of respect and I will not be paying it a visit and I will continue to post things on here to try and make it sound bad even though I have never been.

Thanks for pointing that out so now I can just ignore all the useless things will be posting.

Sarcasim is just lost on some people

Yeah it usually is lost when writing on the internet. That is how emoticons were born. In the English language we use tone to show the emotion of our speech (ie sarcasm). Where as in a tonal language such as Thai, tone is used as part of the language.

Since we can't hear the tone of your written words to determine what your meaning is, you need to use emoticons or deal with the fact that many others will have no clue what you are on about. There are many weirdos on TVF and far be it for me to read into all the posts here to try and figure out what the poster "meant" by his words.

I've said it before; Someone needs to invent a sarcasim font!

Tried out the new Carl's Jr. with the wife today. Super Star with cheese, chili fries and a coke for me. Absolutely fantastic. Juices and stuff running down my arm....just like I like them. NOT charbroiled.

'NOT charbroiled' Thank god; the suspense was killing me

Was the beef atrocious or horrible?

I think the word Yum in the first line of the OP kinda gives you a clue

Not really. He seemed psyched about the chili. Many people feel the US fast food chains here use Thai beef so even though it's marketed as a US food product, it's not. OK, in the US you probably get Brazilian beef but that's another matter. I would think for that price for a small burger, you'd expect better beef. So I'm still asking.

Instead of posting 102 questions about the quality of the napkins and whether the toilets are clean, why don't you take your silly ass to Central and find out for yourself?

Now you know how people come to almost 35,000 posts whistling.gif

Where else are you going to get a good burger in Pattaya?

Am I right in thinking that the Hilton does burgers in one of it's daily 350B lunchtime buffets?

If so, it's a fair bet that it will be a good one.

Personally I wouldn't pay 5B for a burger as I don't like them.

Don't like burgers?? Then I couldn't see you wanting to pay anything for something you don't like. But certainly you will not get good quality meat for less than 100thb a burger if it can be had for that.

I keep meaning to try the hilton lunch buffet and telling me they have burgers might be what gets me in there.

Thanks for that.

led me add that the most popular Carl's Jr burger that has been on the menu since I was a kid is the Western Bacon Cheesburger. Obviously comes with bacon and cheese as well as nice BBQ sauce and fried onion rings on top. It will be hard for me to pass up on one if they have them here in Thailand.

Menu_WesternBaconCheeseburger.png?1285096072

I'm with you. I will hit the joint as soon as I get there later this year

I hope you don't have to wait 15-20 minutes between getting your burger and your fries...or have to get out of your seat to remind the clerks that your order is under the heat lamp while they stand and socialize.

Let's forget the chips or the fries and concentrate on the burgers. They are better than Maccas and BK but are no where near as good as many I have had at gourmet style burger joints.

"Gourmet" burger joints where? There is no such thing in Thailand because the beef here sucks.

That's why they'd need to use IMPORTED beef.

Ketchup is a vegetable. There's your salad, buster!

OK JT I'll bite. As ketchup is made from a fruit - tomatoe how does it qualify as a vegetable?

It's an American reference.Our "mythical" President Reagan's Dept. of Agriculture once proposed ketchup to represent a vegetable to meet a requirement that school lunch programs include a vegetable. Edited by Jingthing

Tried out the new Carl's Jr. with the wife today. Super Star with cheese, chili fries and a coke for me. Absolutely fantastic. Juices and stuff running down my arm....just like I like them. NOT charbroiled.

'NOT charbroiled' Thank god; the suspense was killing me

100% they are charbroiled in the back. I asked and was told that as well as I can smell the char broiler smoke out on the balcony.

• Like 1

I hope you don't have to wait 15-20 minutes between getting your burger and your fries...or have to get out of your seat to remind the clerks that your order is under the heat lamp while they stand and socialize.

I've been there numerous times and never had to wait longer than it takes to charbroil a hamburger and cook fries. 5 min tops. My food always comes exactly as I order it. Never missing anything from the pictures or menu.

The only issue I ever had there was buying a drink only to find out the diet coke was empty. They gave me a prompt refund.

Edited by Jayman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The green mould covered burger we had there last week...

That's bad but why did you accept it (and eat it) when you could see the mold?

We didn't notice it until my son had eaten a good part of it then we took it off him and complained to the manager and got the usual blank look.

I wrote to the USA office told them my young boy ate it and some moulds can make you sick and on two separate emails not once did they ask if my boy was ok - more interested in their image.

Edited by seadoo

So CJ is supposedly a step up from McD/BK? That's interesting. Maybe I will try it. Still wondering about how their beef in Thailand compares to the home regions.

not sure why you keep rabbiting on about this, i have had some very good thai beef in my time here

Seems to me like any other fast food burger set judging from the pictures.

I do miss the old Wimpy burger in the UK... Brown bun, tangy tomato mayo and served with fries that taste of potatoes plus an icecream based milkshake mmmmmmmmmm.

Here in Pattaya, the only decent burgers I've eaten were at: 1. Just Burger on Jomtien Beach. 2. 18 Coins - Decent burger & good value too. 3. Dicey Rileys 2nd RD.

Edited by RandomSand

None of us like moldy bread; however, a bit of peniciulum mold won't make a person sick. (By the way, the floor in the photo does not look like Carls Junior at Central.)

I suggest you take the photo with you and compare it to the floor behind the counter area where the staff serve.

I often wonder how A&W and KFC can afford the rental in the prime locations at Central. they never look busy (too many other choices) and the quality at any A&W in Thailand is substandard (they should have their franchise licence provoked). So does the "corporation" of Central also own these franchises which entitles them to prime locations?

You have just reminded me of possibly the WORST burger I've ever tried to eat...........at the A&W in Silom Complex (Bangkok). I really believe the meat slice was cardboard rather than ground anything. I left it on the plate after one bite.

I often wonder how A&W and KFC can afford the rental in the prime locations at Central. they never look busy (too many other choices) and the quality at any A&W in Thailand is substandard (they should have their franchise licence provoked). So does the "corporation" of Central also own these franchises which entitles them to prime locations?

You have just reminded me of possibly the WORST burger I've ever tried to eat...........at the A&W in Silom Complex (Bangkok). I really believe the meat slice was cardboard rather than ground anything. I left it on the plate after one bite.

Needed some salt & pepper, maybe a spot o' mustard.

I ate at Carl Jr. Today. Had the Cheeseburger combo set, Medium size with chocolate milkshake as the drink. THB 241.

Tasted exactly like a cheeseburger that I used to like when I was a young 'un at the local government run indoor water park (Barnsley MetroDome SufBurger, England).

Nothing special at all. Not at all "meaty" or "charred".

For me its better than MacD but not as good as a BK whopper.

Fries were pretty normal and the shake was a little bland. Nothing special... bog standard fast food like this is not really worth 240.

• Like 1