Graphic Designer Wanted For Cd Artwork (Preferably Based In Chiang Mai)

I need a designer to create the full artwork for the second release of my progressive death metal band Okular. The band is based in Norway, but I am now staying in Chiang Mai. Preferably, the designer is from Chiang Mai or the surrounding area, so that we can easily meet physically to discuss the work as it progresses. (but do not hesitate to contact me if you live elsewhere)

Our debut album, "Probiotic", became "album of the month" (the communal review with highest average score) in the Norwegian Scream Magazine, and has received 9.5/10 on four webzines.

The job:

24 page booklet, including one individual illustration for each of the 13 songs.

Doublesided inlay card and cd-print.

It is very much preferable that you can make print-ready files and have prior experience making artwork for cds.

I have written a description in English for all the artwork, including a page by page description for the booklet. You should have a decent understanding of the English language so that you can easily get a sense of what I have in mind.

Deadline for the work would be around mid-July.

What kind of design style am I looking for?

This is flexible, it could be digital drawing with some photomanipulation, traditional painting or a combination of both. What I do not want is "cartoonish" styles, or very abstract styles.

The lyrical concepts are philosophical yet using "down to earth"-imagery. People with interest in the interface between cutting edge psychology and spirituality, or people who live their lives in an "artistic" way, might feel resonance with the themes. The concepts are provocative but beauty is as much emphasised as ugliness. A central theme is the will to live an authentic life, despite all the internal and external conformity, deceit and falseness. White will be a dominant color throughout the artwork.

If you are interested in contributing your talent to an album which will showcase technical, innovative metal, with unusual design concepts, please send me a personal message with your email and some info about yourself and your previous works.

Fee is to be negotiated.

Edited by Andreas84