Bank Savings Interest Rates

krungthai has a good fixed rate at the moment,4% 22months 10,000bht min.this suits me fine but i have to open a current acc.so the interest goes into it.oh well open a new one and close an old one easy if you have a free day.

krungthai has a good fixed rate at the moment,4% 22months 10,000bht min.this suits me fine but i have to open a current acc.so the interest goes into it.oh well open a new one and close an old one easy if you have a free day.

How often do you get the interest ?? is it every month ??

Supposedly TMB interest rates will drop next month if I read this here correctly. So we have 2 options other than fixed deposit which is Standard Chartered with 3% and Krungsri with 2.9%. Any take on the stability of these offers?

I don't think there is any way to solidify how long these will last, but the tellers at the Krungsri bank were telling us till the end of the year on the 2.9. Like I said though, i'd never take that to the bank :)

Supposedly TMB interest rates will drop next month if I read this here correctly. So we have 2 options other than fixed deposit which is Standard Chartered with 3% and Krungsri with 2.9%. Any take on the stability of these offers?

I don't think there is any way to solidify how long these will last, but the tellers at the Krungsri bank were telling us till the end of the year on the 2.9. Like I said though, i'd never take that to the bank smile.png

I went today to Krungsri Bank, i got the promotion 11 months at 3.4%, interest paid monthly.

This is lower than the last 11 months, i got 3.7%.

4% may seem like a very good rate today but in nine months time it's likely there'll be better deals around, 22 months is just too far away for my liking but if you're happy with it, great.

4% may seem like a very good rate today but in nine months time it's likely there'll be better deals around,

That's what most people were saying this time last year when I signed up for my 13-month Kbank step-bond paying 3.8%. It's also what most people were saying about long-term UK interest rates last year. I signed up for the Kbank bond and also for as many 5-year UK bonds as I could at the end of last year and I dont regret either.

This 4% 22-month account looks fine to me, even if the online product page does seem to say that it closed on June 30.

4% may seem like a very good rate today but in nine months time it's likely there'll be better deals around,

That's what most people were saying this time last year when I signed up for my 13-month Kbank step-bond paying 3.8%. It's also what most people were saying about long-term UK interest rates last year. I signed up for the Kbank bond and also for as many 5-year UK bonds as I could at the end of last year and I dont regret either.

This 4% 22-month account looks fine to me, even if the online product page does seem to say that it closed on June 30.

That approach is fine as long as you believe that rates will never change, clearly at some point they will however.

3.55% in Yorkshire building Society, bank protection up to 85 000 GBP For all you Brits willing to gamble on the strength of the pound

Totally off-topic but I'm getting an average of 4.5% on GBP deposits and even today you can easily beat 3.55% for more than one year.

I changed EUR into GBP at 1.0x and 1.1x and haven't regretted it at all.

4% may seem like a very good rate today but in nine months time it's likely there'll be better deals around, 22 months is just too far away for my liking but if you're happy with it, great.

me&wf in the last 3years has not bettered 4% but we only stuck with bkkb and scb,i would settle for 4% for the next 3years but unfortunely no can have.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a "bill of exchange"?

Look at it as an uninsured deposit note that is as sound as the issuer. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negotiable_instrument

If the issuer goes bankrupt you may not get anything back, unlike insured bank deposits which are covered by an external deposit protection, usually government-backed.

Is this available to foreigners ? The savings accounts I've looked at on the TMB website all ask for photo ID card. There seems to be no further details on this offer, though it is listed on the site as "Quick 12 month".

It varies from location to location, some branches will accept a Thai drivers license, others a work permit, some just don't want to know. It's probably best to try and open a TMB account in the tourist areas first and then perhaps transfer it, Pattaya and Bangkok should be fairly easy.

That's not my experience, mine is that it's very difficult to open an account at TMB in the less travelled destinations, unless you are a Thai or have a work permit, it's easy in Pattaya and Bangkok but more remote locations are problematic.

HI!

Is 7 or 9 Month , The highest possible Time for a closing Saving acount with higher Rates , or does some bank ofer also 3 or 5 years of saving plan!

A old man from bk told me 15 years ago Thai bank give over 10 procent interest rates? Can someone confirm this?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

what sense does it make to confirm something that applied 15 years ago?

Last year i was on 4%, and now the best i can find is 3.5%, does it go lower every year?

what a downer !!!

Yes but there is a flip side..... ;)

3.5% would be termed the good old days in the USA

where they get less than 1% for some time now

That's not my experience, mine is that it's very difficult to open an account at TMB in the less travelled destinations, unless you are a Thai or have a work permit, it's easy in Pattaya and Bangkok but more remote locations are problematic.

That's just the standard response to farangs trying to open an account and it seems to apply to all banks, even Kbank which is generally accepted to be the easiest bank for farangs to open accounts in. Try Kbank outside Pattaya and it's much harder.

Just a check since this referenced thread on claiming a tax refund has been archived:

http://www.thaivisa....x/#entry2511376

Is the procedure still the same, location of tax office, etc.? (thread is from 09). Very good info in thread, just checking if anything is different and if anyone has done it recently.

back in jan.claimed tax paid on fixed dep.accs.for first time.gave me a tax id.card ref.no.address.next year i can do on line.

A old man from bk told me 15 years ago Thai bank give over 10 procent interest rates? Can someone confirm this?

In the late 80's early 90's rates were highly competitive. I was offered 12% at one bank and 14% at another. Ahh, the good old days.