Change Passport With Overstay

I'm 7 months overstay right now in my damaged passport. The stamp is readable, but pages have come loose and it's shabby, so i got a replacement.

Now it's arrived and i have to go pay my overstay and go out.

Do i just give immigration my old and new passports at the airport and they'll do the rest?

Im hoping to have no overstay stamp in my new passport.

Not wanting to attract the scaremongers on here, but do you think everything will be cool?

I'm planning to fly to Penang and get a 3 month Imm O, then fly back in the next day.

It will depend on your curent status. If you are here on an extension of stay on a non-immigrant that has expired, you might need to go to your immigraiton office to have the details changed to the new passport.

Pretty sure they will stamp you out in your new paspsort, as your old one is in such state that it is no longer valid.

There should not be a major problem but leave extra time for departure processing and payment of overstay. Stamps will be in new passport and will include an overstay notation. But this will not have any effect on new visa or entry under current policy.

When we got our new passports we were stamped out on our old passports even though they had expired. There were notations put into our new passports though but I think that was because our visas had not expired.

like said before you wil have an overstaystamp in your new paspoort BUT there shouldent be any problem for future traveling to Thailand and future visa's.

On the other hand the floodings are a while ago you mentioned you didnt have the money etc. But in the future i would try to have never never overstay in this country and i think you know where you are if you speak "good and polite"Thai.

Good Luck