Malaysian Woman Arrested For Drugs Trafficking In Bangkok

webfact

Malaysian arrested for drugs trafficking in Bangkok

Bangkok, June 7, 2012 (AFP) - A Malaysian woman has been charged with drugs trafficking after one of the biggest seizures of crystal methamphetamine at Bangkok's main airport, Thai customs said Thursday.

Noor Shahidah Binti Osman, 47, was arrested after 4.8 kilograms (10.5 pounds) of the drug, with a street value of more than $500,000, was found in her luggage as she arrived in Bangkok from Benin, West Africa on Wednesday.

Customs officers found the drug -- also known as ice -- hidden in 11 handbags, which the woman had packed inside her luggage, according to Rakop Srisupaat, director of Thai Customs' Investigation and Suppression Bureau.

"She said she bought the handbags in Africa without realising there were drugs hidden inside," Rakop added.

"The confiscated drugs were to be sold here, and we are looking for the dealers who may have hired the suspect to carry the drugs."

Thailand, along with other countries in the region, has seen a marked increase in seizures of methamphetamine as the world opiate trade declines.

Although drug trafficking can result in the death penalty in Thailand, executions are now rare.

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2012-06-07

I cannot believe she pruchassed the handbags without knowing there were drugs inside, I often wonder if Thailand is the destination for the drugs, or just a stop along the way to another market.

• Like 1

She is a Malaysian citizen but I wonder which was her country of residence.

Do they ever let anyone through here and tail them to see where the drugs are going, or are they scared to see who the drugs are going to, imagine if they followed the smuggler straight to their own police station haha

If they received a tip that she was arriving they could examine her bags before entering the pick up area. They could have let her go and followed her. If it was a random check and find then it would be very difficult.

One way to stop the drug problem

would be to stop the long working hours

and to stop the long working week

hence the use of MA

With a 8 hr work day and a 5 day week for most employees how do you explain the speed epidemic in the states.

A Malaysian woman buying 11 handbags in Africa and she was taking them to Thailand? This is hard to rationalize. On top of the hard to figure basics, she was unaware of the drugs in the bags.

Malaysia used to have a red skull and crossbones on the entry card with a "be forewarned the penalty for trafficking in drugs is death." Maybe Thailand should think about using this technique and drug travelers would get the message.

Where is her picture? We normally see pictures of Africans and Europeans who are arrested for Drugs,this woman is from Malaysia why are we not shown her photo???????

Wouldn't do any good. Most of them look like these.

post-49205-0-51680200-1339119715_thumb.p

• Like 2

Drug dealers are the lowest form of life on earth - they are responsible for a lot of misery and the destruction of peoples' lives. After a trial and conviction, they should be given the death penalty.

I would place pedophiles lower. Care to argue? rolleyes.gif

Drug dealers are the lowest form of life on earth - they are responsible for a lot of misery and the destruction of peoples' lives. After a trial and conviction, they should be given the death penalty.

Drug dealers can destroy many more lives than a pedophile. That said both are scum.

She is a Malaysian citizen but I wonder which was her country of residence.

Do they ever let anyone through here and tail them to see where the drugs are going, or are they scared to see who the drugs are going to, imagine if they followed the smuggler straight to their own police station haha

If they received a tip that she was arriving they could examine her bags before entering the pick up area. They could have let her go and followed her. If it was a random check and find then it would be very difficult.

yes I know how it works thanks, I was being mischievous

Where is her picture? We normally see pictures of Africans and Europeans who are arrested for Drugs,this woman is from Malaysia why are we not shown her photo???????

you would be hard pressed to find a Malay woman dressed like this, while many wear a Tudung, that is to cover the head and does not cover the face. The women seen in Malaysia with covered faces are generally the Arab tourists

+ 1

Drug dealers can destroy many more lives than a pedophile. That said both are scum.

They both suck I guess, but a pedophile is the lowest form period. Nothing worse. I really don't have a problem with people doing drugs. I actually they should legalize drugs so at least people wanting to do them can get quality stuff and it would reduce violence and crime. Child molestation messes up kids for life and probably leads them to drugs to deal with the emotional scars. There is just something flat wring with adults being attracted to children.

If some one dealt drugs to my child, I would kick my child's butt for buying them. If someone molested my child, I would inflict serious physical damage upon the molester. I would leave them alive though so they could live the rest of their twisted perverted life permanently messed up.

Not sure how you put the two in the same thought, much less category.

They both suck I guess, but a pedophile is the lowest form period. Nothing worse. I really don't have a problem with people doing drugs. I actually they should legalize drugs so at least people wanting to do them can get quality stuff and it would reduce violence and crime. Child molestation messes up kids for life and probably leads them to drugs to deal with the emotional scars. There is just something flat wring with adults being attracted to children.

If some one dealt drugs to my child, I would kick my child's butt for buying them. If someone molested my child, I would inflict serious physical damage upon the molester. I would leave them alive though so they could live the rest of their twisted perverted life permanently messed up.

Not sure how you put the two in the same thought, much less category.

Your choice of words could have been better.

As far as drug legalization, perhaps vending machines where one can buy meth or heroin in convenient 24-hour locations, along with accessories such as needles and pipes at reasonable prices.

I wonder why no one has thought of this before.

Not been to Malaysia then? Many of them don't look like that at all!

Cobblers! if all drugs were legalised and regulated all the misery and suffering would be alleviated.

Bankers and capitalists are the lowest forms of life spreading suffering and misery all over the world!