Emirates A380 Business Class

prefabs

Definitely not worth it. For that trip do economy. Its only six hours....save yourself a fortune!

A handy little trick with Emirates, if business class isn't full and you are a Skywards member, they will email offer you an upgrade from Dubai to Glasgow or vice versa for approx £270.00. If you buy that, if economy fills up, they will start kicking the Gold members and Silver members up to Business Class, and the people who have paid for Biz get kicked into First Class........now here's the real trick, if you are Skywards gold, as I am, I trump the people who have paid full fare for Business.

Another little trick is, I try not to upgrade before I get to the airport, I get upgraded so often you wouldn't believe it, I reckon my upgrade rate is about 50 odd %, including some outstanding upgrades such as all the way from BKK to Christchurch via Sydney. If you are a Gold Skywards member, you really do get preferential treatment.

I've seen me get on the aircraft, check out how busy it is in economy, talk to the stewards, who invariably know I'm Gold as I'm always on first and they have me on the flight manifest as being Gold, they will rearrange the seats to get me two together, or if it's too busy, I can get an upgrade using my miles on board.

A Gold frequent flyer out trumps FULL fare Biz.....??

Yup......note I said that I had taken the upgrade to Biz for £270.00 when I received the email offer, which I get roughly 50% of the time. If there is a space available in First Class and someone is going to get bumped up, it will be the Gold member, not the full fare Biz class passenger.

So yes, I did buy my way in to Biz class, but once I'm in there I trump the other full fare passengers as I'm a Gold member. Amazing eh?

Always look for flex fares with Emirates, they give you far more Skywards miles. Keep your tier miles up to the 50,000 mile level per year and Emirates will give you superior service.

Good stuff indeed. I must admit I've been Gold on Etihad and on Eva in the not too distant past and never even close to an upgrade from Economy, not even to Elite on Eva....

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely not worth it. For that trip do economy. Its only six hours....save yourself a fortune!

A handy little trick with Emirates, if business class isn't full and you are a Skywards member, they will email offer you an upgrade from Dubai to Glasgow or vice versa for approx £270.00. If you buy that, if economy fills up, they will start kicking the Gold members and Silver members up to Business Class, and the people who have paid for Biz get kicked into First Class........now here's the real trick, if you are Skywards gold, as I am, I trump the people who have paid full fare for Business.

Another little trick is, I try not to upgrade before I get to the airport, I get upgraded so often you wouldn't believe it, I reckon my upgrade rate is about 50 odd %, including some outstanding upgrades such as all the way from BKK to Christchurch via Sydney. If you are a Gold Skywards member, you really do get preferential treatment.

I've seen me get on the aircraft, check out how busy it is in economy, talk to the stewards, who invariably know I'm Gold as I'm always on first and they have me on the flight manifest as being Gold, they will rearrange the seats to get me two together, or if it's too busy, I can get an upgrade using my miles on board.

A Gold frequent flyer out trumps FULL fare Biz.....??

Yup......note I said that I had taken the upgrade to Biz for £270.00 when I received the email offer, which I get roughly 50% of the time. If there is a space available in First Class and someone is going to get bumped up, it will be the Gold member, not the full fare Biz class passenger.

So yes, I did buy my way in to Biz class, but once I'm in there I trump the other full fare passengers as I'm a Gold member. Amazing eh?

Always look for flex fares with Emirates, they give you far more Skywards miles. Keep your tier miles up to the 50,000 mile level per year and Emirates will give you superior service.

2nd that ive got my self a large collection of little brown bags biggrin.png

Good stuff indeed. I must admit I've been Gold on Etihad and on Eva in the not too distant past and never even close to an upgrade from Economy, not even to Elite on Eva....

It takes a little bit of working out how to use the Emirates Skywards programme correctly.........once you get your head round it you can get some great results. I'll do a post later with all of the tips I can think of.

A little bit of thought goes a long way.

The best business class seating arrangement I have seen is with Finnair where the outside seats are 1 - 2 - 1 - 2 - 1 - 2. Bloody great if you are flying by yourself..!!

Finnair is dreadful.........worse than Aeroflot laugh.png

Old aircraft ( and smelly ) , frequently late and old hags serving you bah.gif

Then I must have been on a new one then....

I just noticed this announcement from Emirates, looks good!!.........this is in Economy Class

Coming soon to a new Boeing 777 near you... new, bigger screens with HD resolution.

282728_246982068744883_71515072_n.jpg

And I bet still 10 across and mediocre service.

To be fair their service is mediocre in First Class too! laugh.png

And seats 3 across in 777 business. I spend my First Class/Business Class fares with other airlines.

Qatar for me...although i will be looking at Oman next time around.

I flew with Finnair in 1992 bus class Beijing-Helsinki-LHR and it was quite good...the on board staff were 'motherly' and comforting...

next week scheduled to fly to Dubai then onward to Jeddah on EK bus class...just hope it's better now than 5 years ago...what a dump in the Dubai lounge and on the aircraft...at the Dubai lounge some filipina ground staff dyke kicked me and said: 'wake up or you'll miss yer connecting flight' and I got very annoyed with her...

I flew with Finnair in 1992 bus class Beijing-Helsinki-LHR and it was quite good...the on board staff were 'motherly' and comforting...

next week scheduled to fly to Dubai then onward to Jeddah on EK bus class...just hope it's better now than 5 years ago...what a dump in the Dubai lounge and on the aircraft...at the Dubai lounge some filipina ground staff dyke kicked me and said: 'wake up or you'll miss yer connecting flight' and I got very annoyed with her...

I prefer the Emirates lounge down by gate 122 at Dubai, the main business lounge is too busy. Emirates are building a new terminal for the 380's and they have plans for a new 2200 business lounge over there. They know that the current facility is overstretched, and that's the reason why they stopped Gold Skywards members from taking travel partners in.

I like to grab a shower between flights, at peak times the wait for the cubicles can be an hour in the main lounge, I've never waited in the other lounge at gate 122, so if you have a couple of hours between flights, head down there. It's also a handy wee stretch of the legs getting down there too.

I prefer the Emirates lounge down by gate 122 at Dubai, the main business lounge is too busy. Emirates are building a new terminal for the 380's and they have plans for a new 2200 business lounge over there. They know that the current facility is overstretched, and that's the reason why they stopped Gold Skywards members from taking travel partners in.

I like to grab a shower between flights, at peak times the wait for the cubicles can be an hour in the main lounge, I've never waited in the other lounge at gate 122, so if you have a couple of hours between flights, head down there. It's also a handy wee stretch of the legs getting down there too.

hey...sounds great! I'll be traveling to Dubai next week (777 from BKK to Dubai) and I'll check it out as there is a 2 hour layover before the onward journey to Jeddah...an A380 from Dubai to Jeddah, a 2hr flight; just imagine the stink in cattle class with all the 'stanies' and 'pilgrims' on a plane that large...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

@tutsi I get irritated these days if I don't get a shower between flights, Emirates provide excellent towels and a little toiletries pack. The throwaway razor will damage your face so don't bother with it, but otherwise, it's a great feeling stepping out of a shower and onto the aircraft.

@timbershifter, I'll start a new topic about skywards benefits, I'll tell everything I can on that wai.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Does Emirates gold card holders get a quick pass or what ever it is called when checking in or on the plane when arriving.

I'm at present platinum with Air France and get it on checking in, silver with Emirates with 2 more sectors to fly for gold

Cheers

Yes, you will get a fast track card on the aircraft when arriving into BKK, if you dont get given one by the time the seatbelt sign comes on for descent ask one of the cabin crew, sometimes they forget to hand them out if they are busy. Also when checking in at BKK you will be given a pass for the priority emmigration and security line.

Trotski

• Like 1