Bangkok Call 'Center Scam' Gang Drove British Soldier To Commit Suicide

webfact

I do not disagree with the above comments as to how low these individuals are on the evolutionary scale, but come on!!! People get into these scams because they want to make easy money NOW. They let their own greed dupe them into believing the scammer. It is a shame that someone had to lose his life as a result of this scam, but sooner or later one has to believe what we have always been told: "If it sounds too good to be true, it is".

Yes, the scammers are scum, but the people who are pulled into these things are gullible and greedy. The fact that this guy was British or a soldier or whatever is largely irrelevant. Scammers thrive because vulnerable people exist. If someone tells you he can turn dross into gold or that you can make fantastic returns in dubious investments and you believe it, you should have someone else manage your affairs.

Bernie Madoff fooled loads of "really smart " people, businesses and charities in his $50 billion scam for one reason, his victims were all more greedy than they were sensble.

Well said right on

Madoff investors and investors in his feeder funds were more gullible, greedy, and naive than smart. As a note, one of his sons did commit suicide.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not disagree with the above comments as to how low these individuals are on the evolutionary scale, but come on!!! People get into these scams because they want to make easy money NOW. They let their own greed dupe them into believing the scammer. It is a shame that someone had to lose his life as a result of this scam, but sooner or later one has to believe what we have always been told: "If it sounds too good to be true, it is".

Yes, the scammers are scum, but the people who are pulled into these things are gullible and greedy. The fact that this guy was British or a soldier or whatever is largely irrelevant. Scammers thrive because vulnerable people exist. If someone tells you he can turn dross into gold or that you can make fantastic returns in dubious investments and you believe it, you should have someone else manage your affairs.

Bernie Madoff fooled loads of "really smart " people, businesses and charities in his $50 billion scam for one reason, his victims were all more greedy than they were sensble.

Well said right on

Seriously, some people either need too much attention or live in a fantasy world generated by their life experiences which seem to be based entirely off the crap they read on the Internet.

Some apparently don't have any concepts about investments, Ponzi schemes, Hedge Funds, qualified investors, or the general market conditions during Madoff's Ponzi schemes.

Even more absurd is comparing the Madoff situation to elderly and vulnerable individuals being scammed out of their life savings by call centers cold calling and targeting them. Both are victims, but entirely different scenarios and no reason to explain if you cannot see the obvious for yourself.

Saying the people in this call center scam deserved what they got because of greed is comparable to saying women deserved their rapes because they tried to dress attractively. Haha, I hope you guys are just starving for attention and truly don't think this way

Edited by ttelise

I can't see the relevance of mentioning the alledged victims former occupation other that to make the Military appear gullable.

It's to elicit sympathy for the victims. In reality, it does kind of highlight the fact that the military doesn't attract the very top rank of human intellect. You don't have to be stupid to fall for this sort of scam but...actually, yes you do.

I can't see the relevance of mentioning the alledged victims former occupation other that to make the Military appear gullable.

It's to elicit sympathy for the victims. In reality, it does kind of highlight the fact that the military doesn't attract the very top rank of human intellect. You don't have to be stupid to fall for this sort of scam but...actually, yes you do.

Funny guy, White Feather Club for you.

For pointing out the obvious?

• 2 weeks later...

Is it only possible in thailand or everywhere? I read that the cloud-service of a call center offers a higher rate of security against scams (Didn't know that all this contact centers are using a cloud nowadays, because I've never heard of it before). Is this true?

Cloud service providers do not provide a higher level of security against scammer activity other than automated monitoring of email traffic. IT/VoiP services delivered by Cloud service providers has been around for a while now and is quickly gaining momentum. Other than pure IT services providers such as IBM, Microsoft and Google are players as well as other smaller providers.Cloud services is available to users globally so long as reliable telecommunications infrastructure is in-place

Edited by simple1

For pointing out the obvious?

Only if you accept that the "fact that the military doesn't attract the very top rank of human intellect".

So when I worked alongside the US military, all of those systems analysts, aeronautical engineers, supersonic fighter jet pilots, etc etc were thick?

Anyway, you should be thankful there are men of integrity are prepared to put the uniform on and fight to protect your right to make stupid comments.

Thanks for your input thumbsup.gif

Edited by theblether

Anyway, you should be thankful there are men of integrity are prepared to put the uniform on and fight to protect your right to make stupid comments.

I will be. Do you know of any?

When you sued the charm school, I hope you got enough to retire on.

Edited by RogueLeader

Drummonds website has a lot on these guys over the years.

This boiler crowd mob runs big business...they own several pubs, restaurants, bars and gogo bars in cowboy and nana.....many of you have already supported their businesses and will never know it.

Guess who just took over the Nana Plaza head lease ??

Edited by samsiam

• 2 months later...

Only if you accept that the "fact that the military doesn't attract the very top rank of human intellect".

So when I worked alongside the US military, all of those systems analysts, aeronautical engineers, supersonic fighter jet pilots, etc etc were thick?

Or perhaps I should be angry that men of violence are prepared to put on a uniform and threaten my right to say anything.

Yeah, nice try at appearing dismissive.