Anyone Know Where This Restaurant Is

DiamondKing

6 years ago when I first arrived in Chiang Mai I hooked up with this Chick and she took me to a nice restaurant here in Chiang Mai a few times in her car and I really did not have my bearings back then but the restaurant was real good and I would like to find it again

So this is what i remember

You Drive UP to it, turn off the main road and the drive up a hill and the restaurant is the top of the hill

its has a WATERFALL right at the entrance with a very small kids play things

When you sit in the restaurant you overlook a lake and can often see the fish surfacing.

That is about all I can remember

Does it ring any bells for anyone

Cheers

DK

It's called Palaad Tawanron. You go up Suthep rd to the end then turn right into the back entrance of the zoo. from there its well signed. Location as you say is fabulous, service excellent food....OKish! Enjoy

this sounds to me more likely than Galare which if I recall doesn't have a waterfall that close. could be wrong though

Edited by OldeBellPedr

More than likely Galare at the top of Suthep road, just keep going straight up the hill, and go through the army gate and follow the road.

That sounds like it since I remember a gate half way up

Cheers for the replies

DK

It's called Palaad Tawanron. You go up Suthep rd to the end then turn right into the back entrance of the zoo. from there its well signed. Location as you say is fabulous, service excellent food....OKish! Enjoy

this sounds to me more likely than Galare which if I recall doesn't have a waterfall that close. could be wrong though

Yes its Palaad Tawanron I just looked at some pictures on Google and that is the one

GREAT

Big Thanks

DK

and just some other advice.....the road which its on looks like you can continue driving and get out on Huay kaew road at the zoo.

I found out, after riding a mile around the back of the zoo, that the road is now gated off so there is no exit, and there are no lights to aid a 3 point turn.

so when you find the restaurant you must go back exactly the same way.

I found the food pretty average but expensive.