Yingluck Tells Provincial Governors To Ensure Efficient Water Management

webfact

Yingluck tells provincial governors to step up

Jeerapong Prasertponkrang,

Pichet Natebut,

Boonleun Promprathankul

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra spoke to provincial governors via video conferencing yesterday to tell them that they needed to ensure efficient water management, come up proper solutions and deliver help.

"You are based in the provinces you are working for, and you should know have a proper idea of the problems," Yingluck said, adding that the governors should not give people a chance to break the law.

"You have to explain the situation to the protesters and create a better understanding," she said. "Solve the problems. Don't leave them unsolved for me to read about them in the newspapers."

She also told the governors to ensure that relevant officials explain how the compensation s is calculated. People have been complaining that the compensation for last year's flood crisis is being calculated unfairly to favour only a few people.

Last year's flood crisis affected millions of people, devastating vast areas of farmland and submerging seven industrial estates. The government has set up a budget for compensation and has launched several flood-prevention projects.

Yingluck said she and her Cabinet would visit several provinces next week to follow up on the progress of these projects. The prime minister is stepping up flood-prevention efforts because the rainy season has already started, leaving Krabi, Phuket, Ranong, Chumphon and Surat Thani inundated.

Natural Resources and Environment Minister Preecha Rengsomboonsuk yesterday visited flood-hit people in Ranong to hand out relief items.

In Sukhothai, more than 100 people yesterday destroyed parts of a temporary dyke put up to accommodate canal-dredging operations. The farmers said they had to tear down the dyke because otherwise more than 50,000 rai of their paddy fields would be destroyed.

"This problem has emerged because it has started raining before the canal-dredging operations can be completed," a farmer said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-06-09

Groundhog day.

"Peasants, you mustn't break the law. That right is uniquely in the domain of the Pheua Thai Party."

Master Pangloss taught the metaphysico-theologo-cosmolonigology. He could prove admirably that there is no effect without a cause, and in this best of all possible worlds the baron's castle was the most magnificent of all castles, and my lady the best of all possible baronesses.

"It is demonstrable," said he, "that things cannot be otherwise than they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end. Observe, for instance, the nose is formed for spectacles; therefore we wear spectacles. The legs are visibly designed for stockings; accordingly we wear stockings. Stones were made to be hewn and to construct castles; therefore my lord has a magnificent castle; for the greatest baron in the province ought to be the best lodged. Swine were intended to be eaten; therefore we eat pork all year round. And they who assert that everything is right, do not express themselves correctly; they should say that everything is best."

• Like 1

Who was this little exercise supposed to help? Yingluk, to make her look like she is control and actually doing something, or the provincial governors who were planning a nice afternoon with a bottle of black label and the mia noi, who will now drop all that and get onto flood management too little too late?

"BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra spoke to provincial governors via video conferencing yesterday to tell them that they needed to ensure efficient water management, come up proper solutions and deliver help.

"You are based in the provinces you are working for, and you should know have a proper idea of the problems," Yingluck said, adding that the governors should not give people a chance to break the law.

"You have to explain the situation to the protesters and create a better understanding," she said. "Solve the problems. Don't leave them unsolved for me to read about them in the newspapers."

----------

Now, as PM, shouldn't she be on TV explaining the situ, and not video conferencing in the mirror of her brother's necessity because he isn't here?

If matters got so out of hand, then why wouldn't she be stepping up matters on an emergency scale, dealing with them as her responsibility and actually doing her job? As opposed to a very weak response of, "Don't leave them unsolved for me to read about in the newspapers"?

Did you ever hear such weak-led management from a primeminister? She just gets worserer and worserer... giggle.gif

-mel. bah.gif

This time, as amongst many other previous times, she cuts the biscuit appalingly.

There is a lack of professionalism in the system. Funny that she has to address her people on a way like this. She knows that she is surrounded by incompetent staff.

I wonder what she is going to find when doing follow ups on the flood prevention projects.

There is a lack of professionalism in the system. Funny that she has to address her people on a way like this. She knows that she is surrounded by incompetent staff.

I wonder what she is going to find when doing follow ups on the flood prevention projects.

Sorry! :o

She KNOWS that she is surrounded by incompetent staff? Kid yerself not. She thinks they are all experts, as nominated so by the backred-benchers, and Bro, so all that they do can only be possible good, same as a Co-Director - as she knows from her past positions, such as 'I am Director, but daddy-boy-bro says it's ok - so it must be!

She has supposedly been following up on flood prevention projects since December, with her emergency teams and 300 Billion spent on flood prevention. She made an announcement. Yeah she did make 1, honest, in January, saying her team had it all under control.

What, exactly, I do wonder she had in control? A few guys by the <deleted>, to spread the good news...... dosh for the spending team at the ready? The dosh is gone, and now she doesn't want to read the headlines, bless her.

My ass bless her. About time she suffered the consequences of doing nothing but being a dim whit!

-mel.

"You are promoted as long as your incapacity is in evidence" One of Murphy's laws? I don't remember.

Groundhog day.

"Peasants, you mustn't break the law. That right is uniquely in the domain of the Pheua Thai Party."

Master Pangloss taught the metaphysico-theologo-cosmolonigology. He could prove admirably that there is no effect without a cause, and in this best of all possible worlds the baron's castle was the most magnificent of all castles, and my lady the best of all possible baronesses.

"It is demonstrable," said he, "that things cannot be otherwise than they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end. Observe, for instance, the nose is formed for spectacles; therefore we wear spectacles. The legs are visibly designed for stockings; accordingly we wear stockings. Stones were made to be hewn and to construct castles; therefore my lord has a magnificent castle; for the greatest baron in the province ought to be the best lodged. Swine were intended to be eaten; therefore we eat pork all year round. And they who assert that everything is right, do not express themselves correctly; they should say that everything is best."

Voltaire .... in TV? Priceless.

"Do you believe," said Martin, "that hawks have always been accustomed to eat pigeons when they came in their way?"

"Doubtless," said Candide.

"Well then," replied Martin, "if hawks have always had the same nature, why should you pretend that mankind change theirs?"

"Oh," said Candide, "there is a great deal of difference; for free will-" and reasoning thus they arrived at Bordeaux."

Edited by tpthai2

Yingluck said she and her Cabinet would visit several provinces next week to follow up on the progress of these projects.

So that takes her out of the 'House' all next week as well then. I wonder if she will ever attend a serious parliamentary session before she steps down as PM?

Edited by GentlemanJim
  • Like 2

I can thank Local Provincial Governors for their work to insure Rivers run straight and stay within their Banks. But now we have another problem rising that will far "Out weigh" any water issue. Listen as I tell a story...

Rivers got moved back to their or close to their original Banks. But previous washed out area's were left barren filled with Marshy stained water and unsafe to Kids or Adults to wander into. As our Medical Society is fighting the ever present pest the Mosquito. The government has openly handed this Pest a "Open House" to breed in and Multiply. Inviting Malaria a Hidden Government sponsered housing Project and not just one in one Province.. The north is full of them...

Otherwise lets insure Our Great Medical Teams are Fully Funded to combat the forthcoming Epidemic. As I can assure you Prayers are not going to be enough!

Go Back and look at what was done... and see what was created...

Edited by davidstipek

"You are promoted as long as your incapacity is in evidence" One of Murphy's laws? I don't remember.

I believe you are referring to the Peter Principle which states that people are promoted to a level where they are no longer competent, where they remain no longer able to earn promotions.

Here we have a PM launched into the stratosphere where promotions are no longer available because there are none, while her competence languishes somewhere around the level of low tide.

I believe you are referring to the Peter Principle which states that people are promoted to a level where they are no longer competent, where they remain no longer able to earn promotions.

Here we have a PM launched into the stratosphere where promotions are no longer available because there are none, while her competence languishes somewhere around the level of low tide.

Exactly! Normally as you say people are promoted to their level of incompetence, but in this case it went even higher!

I hope our Governor can communicate with God, otherwise he may be out of a job after Yinglucks brief. It has rained for 20 days, almost continuous down here and the rivers are about to burst. Water Management....not a chance!

I can thank Local Provincial Governors for their work to insure Rivers run straight and stay within their Banks. But now we have another problem rising that will far "Out weigh" any water issue. Listen as I tell a story...

Rivers got moved back to their or close to their original Banks. But previous washed out area's were left barren filled with Marshy stained water and unsafe to Kids or Adults to wander into. As our Medical Society is fighting the ever present pest the Mosquito. The government has openly handed this Pest a "Open House" to breed in and Multiply. Inviting Malaria a Hidden Government sponsered housing Project and not just one in one Province.. The north is full of them...

Otherwise lets insure Our Great Medical Teams are Fully Funded to combat the forthcoming Epidemic. As I can assure you Prayers are not going to be enough!

Go Back and look at what was done... and see what was created...

You can add Dengue to that.

But these problems have to pale in comparison with the monumental task of bringing Thaksin back in pomp and glory and reunite hime with the cash that was pried from his honest hands by a judicial coup.

So we should refrain from bothering the PM, the cabinet and parliament with these low priority issues until DL is back in power.

• Like 1