Thai Signs Make Me Tink Too Mutt

David48

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last one for today...

Says it all

Just to mention, all of the photos that I have posted have been taken by myself. w00t.gif

Win whistling.gif

Edited by sbk
obscenities removed

Pattaya, going along Soi Bukhaow, this was on the junction with Pattaya Tai. There's no straight on by the way, you HAVE to turn;

post-50450-0-41970200-1339328834_thumb.j

DCP09300.jpg

Some absolute classic signs you have captured above ... difficult to find find my favourite ... clap2.gif

But this one above I can explain for you ...

Thai drivers have a tendency for poor lane discipline and will create 2 lanes when clearly the road designers only intended for one.

With that in mind this post-104736-0-96690700-1339360705.jpg was designed for those on the right of that one lane not to try and turn left.

This however post-104736-0-27986300-1339360707.jpg was designed for those on the left of that one lane not to try and turn right.

The last sign allowing the left hand turn is for Farangs who, to much contempt of those Thai drivers behind him/her, has placed the car on the middle of the one lane and indicating to the driver to left turn only.

OH ... my favourite Thai driving indication is when they are driving straight across a major intersection to the other side and not turning right or left ... and put the Hazard indicators on to signal a simultaneous right AND left turn ... translating as driving straight ahead ... blink.png

Oh I get It, kinda like Quantum particle Theory...!

I have deleted several pictures & whole posts. There is a line & that is being crossed, please be aware that this a public forum accessible to all age groups.

I am moving this topic to Pub, if it keeps going downhill it will be closed.Please use common sense.

Well ... time a rethink me thinks!

Now, because these are all public photos, most are deemed to be acceptable however the profane language does seem to be an issue.

So my suggestions are ...

• One photo, one posting
  • Thai or Thai related Photos only
  • Original photos only if you can

These are just suggestions, not rules.

3490795_700b.jpg

Would you try it?

Me personally no though I'm quite sure there are a few on the forums who have, but each to their own.

What's one mans poison is another mans MEAT.

:o

cockadoodledoo any Grace will do.

and at 59p a bargain.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by MB1

Last one for today...

Says it all

Just to mention, all of the photos that I have posted have been taken by myself. w00t.gif

Win whistling.gif

Opps, sorry, but the car was just in-front of me so I took the shot. Sorry if that offended anyone.

Here is yet another one, however much more pleasing to ones eye

large.jpg

Win thumbsup.gif

Once again in the traffic

large.jpg

Please do not blame me for what is written on the cars...SBK...I only take the photos......... Thank you..... wai.gif

Win thumbsup.gif

Edited by Kan Win

I just happened to fall over it on the internet and remembered having seen this thread, haven't really followed it, just thought it was funny. I guess since it has been on display in a UK (?) supermarket there are limits to how offensive it can be..... Oh, and yes since it is noodle soup it could easily be a Thai product. (Not sure if it is)

Just think about this sign in Thailand and what does it really mean to all Aussie tourists w00t.gif

large.jpg

To me, Tourists are going to get some Agro cowboy.gif

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Agro_(puppet)

The word 'agro' (also spelled 'aggro'[1]) is Australian English slang for 'aggravation', and may be used as an adjective to describe someone with a bad temperament

Win clap2.gif

One post removed as the contents of the quoted post had been altered:

30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

Opps, sorry for doing that. sad.png I have not read these new rules.

Win

kids-in-sidecar.jpg

Hi there Jo ... where did you get a photo of the Farm Family.

Mine was taken from their Farm ... post-104736-0-26649200-1339499730_thumb. (actual photo)

But, as they say, a second hand ride is better then a first class walk!

I think I pirated it off the Phuket Info forum. A big thread going there on funny signs. Some others I got from engrish.com. Some I took myself.

Hi there Jo ... I must admit that I should have looked at the other Forums before starting this one up.

I presumed (how presumptive of me) that it would have been started in the General or Pub Forums.

Again ... to all the contributors ... thanks for posting and remember, unless this thread gets locked

for Bad Behaviour (and that's not the intent) so ...

when you see something new and funny in Thailand, take a photo and post it here!

• 2 weeks later...

Kan some one explain this sigh to me as it is on a straight road

Drunks ahead ? or w00t.gif

Win tongue.png

Slippery when wet. smile.png

1258379669r1Zf64.jpg

What ever you do, don't Google image search "slippery when wet" without safe search on. Some weird shit gets returned. Must be because of the Bon Jovi title.

Edited by NomadJoe

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your reply.thumbsup.gif

However in Thailand this is the sigh for that as I have photo-ed it before w00t.gif

large.jpg

If you look there is a bend in the road, but my photo above had no bend in it, hence my question.

Any other clues? coffee1.gif Folks whistling.gif

Win cool.png

Edited by Kan Win

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your reply.thumbsup.gif

However in Thailand this is the sigh for that as I have photo-ed it before w00t.gif

If you look there is a bend in the road, but my photo above had no bend in it, hence my question.

Any other clues? coffee1.gif Folks whistling.gif

Win cool.png

Signs in Thailand are not standardized. The bend is irrelevant. The picture is of a car sliding left and right on a straight road. smile.png

Capture-1.jpg

Sign says "ฝนตก ถนนลื่น" which is literally "rain road slippery" smile.png

Your second pic says the same thing at the top, then "please be careful".

What do I win Win? cool.png

Edited by NomadJoe