The Sumet Cycle Thread

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Have the IRC wings on my 150 and wondering other than looks what are the advantages of running the 13 in wheels as opposed to the 14s which I have.

The smaller wheels will allow for quicker turns, but you might feel the bumps a bit more. Mainly people do it for aesthetic reasons though.

Hi Marstons,

The tyres are IRC Wings. Brian from SumetCycle (sponsor) sorted them for me. Personally, I think they are great. Good in the wet and a good compound. Mine are fitted onto 13" mags but they are available for 14's too. Mine are wider than standard but I prefer more rubber on the ground.

YSS shocks are a definite improvement. Probably the best upgrade you can make. Be aware though that they come in different configurations. XL ....XXL etc. This relates to weight carried. 90kg, 110 kg etc.

I have attached a link which shows you. I have the G Euro's which cost around 3,700 baht. You can go much higher than that though, depends what you want to do with your bike.

http://www.likito.co...ts.php?idpro=32

Contact Brian at SumetCycle for more info. His wife Pam, is also around and is pretty knowledgeable.

Hi thanks i PM Brian yesterday but see he is in Hong Kong for a few days,i will order the wings off him and get them shipped to Pattaya.

Will give the shocks ago, looking on the site they are cheaper it appears than Mai Thai but will see if he will price match the store in BKK.

Thanks for the info, great looking bike.

I sent a PM this morning with the tire info, Marstons. I also have the YSS shocks you mentioned for 3,600 baht. Thanks.

Brian

Hey Brian, when do you think we'l be able to find out what the locally made big bikes will be. Will you be selling them? Cheers

Sent from my GT-P1000T using Thaivisa Connect App

There should be info out by the end of the year. I've been told there will be three locally made models, with the possibility of the existing dealer network selling one of them. Thanks.

Brian

Hi Marstons,

The tyres are IRC Wings. Brian from SumetCycle (sponsor) sorted them for me. Personally, I think they are great. Good in the wet and a good compound. Mine are fitted onto 13" mags but they are available for 14's too. Mine are wider than standard but I prefer more rubber on the ground.

YSS shocks are a definite improvement. Probably the best upgrade you can make. Be aware though that they come in different configurations. XL ....XXL etc. This relates to weight carried. 90kg, 110 kg etc.

I have attached a link which shows you. I have the G Euro's which cost around 3,700 baht. You can go much higher than that though, depends what you want to do with your bike.

http://www.likito.co...ts.php?idpro=32

Contact Brian at SumetCycle for more info. His wife Pam, is also around and is pretty knowledgeable.

Hi thanks i PM Brian yesterday but see he is in Hong Kong for a few days,i will order the wings off him and get them shipped to Pattaya.

Will give the shocks ago, looking on the site they are cheaper it appears than Mai Thai but will see if he will price match the store in BKK.

Thanks for the info, great looking bike.

I sent a PM this morning with the tire info, Marstons. I also have the YSS shocks you mentioned for 3,600 baht. Thanks.

Brian

Hi Brian sent PM back with adress details, will transfer when i get bank details back. Exactly which shocks are they i would need the xxl

Have been promising the wife a new Motorbike

She wants a new red Spacy I

Looks like the 12" wheels and tubless tires on the the new Scoopy would fit right on. What would be the out the door cost of the Spacy with the added wheels, and tubless Tires ?

Don't need a Helmet or jacket or any of the Honda give aways. just bike, plate, book, and the required basic insurance

Looks like the 12" wheels and tubless tires on the the new Scoopy would fit right on. What would be the out the door cost of the Spacy with the added wheels, and tubless Tires ?

Don't need a Helmet or jacket or any of the Honda give aways. just bike, plate, book, and the required basic insurance

The Spacy itself is 42,000 (includes book, plate, and basic 3rd person insurance). Just let me confirm the price of the 12' Scoopy wheels with tubeless tires and if they will work on the Spacy. Thanks.

Brian

The Spacy itself is 42,000 (includes book, plate, and basic 3rd person insurance). Just let me confirm the price of the 12' Scoopy wheels with tubeless tires and if they will work on the Spacy. Thanks.

Brian

I know tyhey work have seen a few bikes this way at dealers

Just wanting the priceing and if that is a trade in price on the old wheels and tires or they go along with it

Thanks for your help

Brian

I know tyhey work have seen a few bikes this way at dealers

Just wanting the priceing and if that is a trade in price on the old wheels and tires or they go along with it

Thanks for your help

Here is a breakdown of the cost of the S12 mags and tires:

Front mag: 2,300

Rear mag: 2,400

Front tire: 1,200

Rear tire: 1,400

Total: 7,300

Sorry, but I couldn't take the Spacy rims and tires as a trade in. Thanks again.

Brian

More changes and additions. All work thanks to Brian and Pat at Sumet.

Wirus Win air filter, Muffler and Oil....errrrrrr thingy. Black plastic standard side panels painted high gloss.

Anyone got Photoshop? I'd like to see what the side skirts would look like on the bike if painted black the same? And the seat sides black with the middle section red? (I'll buy ya a drink) :)

p8180061.jpg

p8180067.jpg

p8180068h.jpg

p8180063.jpg

p8180060.jpg

p8180066.jpg

p8180049.jpg

Edited by Phatcharanan
  • Like 1

And here I wasted all this time trying to think of a polite way to comment on what must be the ugliest bike on earth.

You've nailed it! clap2.gif

Oh dear........school finished already? biggrin.png

Just out, I'm on the bus.

Geiger called, he wants his big ugly alien head (which should be in black chrome) back.

Edited by necronx99

And here I wasted all this time trying to think of a polite way to comment on what must be the ugliest bike on earth.

Geiger called, he wants his big ugly alien head (which should be in black chrome) back.

You might be right. ;) Anyway, it's mine and different.

When I am working in Qatar of course, I now bomb around on this.........................

xreomenos1341811292dpic.jpg

Although the GF would much rather go shopping in this, our little 6 litre V8 runaround..........

roughingitinthedesertin.jpg

6litrev8toyota.jpg

Mind you, 95 benzene has just gone up in price to 9 baht a liter. :(

• Like 1

PCX 150s are now 80,000 baht including tax, registration, third person insurance, 1yr. of theft insurance, basic helmet, and jacket. Come in and get yours today. Thanks.

Brian

What is the cost of making a standard PCX look like the very nice red one?

You might be right. wink.png Anyway, it's mine and different.

When I am working in Qatar of course, I now bomb around on this.........................

Although the GF would much rather go shopping in this, our little 6 litre V8 runaround..........

Mind you, 95 benzene has just gone up in price to 9 baht a liter. sad.png

What are you trying to prove by showing pictures of your other bike and car?

• Like 1