Where Is Dhl Pickup Depot

As header implies where is the DHL depot.... on Samui ?

I have stuff arriving and noticed on the shipment trace that they have my phone number wrong ....

I just know they won't find my house! rolleyes.gif....... I wish it had been sent by post!

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 1

Unfortunatly none of my invoices have the answer. The DHL office in Chaweng seems to have closed around Easter but I believe I saw something around 1km from Naton Post office on the coast road as you're heading back to rejoin the ring road heading towards Mainam (ie with the Sea on your left).

HTH

The DHL office WAS about 30 - 50 meters from the traffic lights on the ring road at Chewang. These are the lights just south of Tesco Chewang where the road heads to the lake.

DHL was on the right about 30 - 50 meters BEFORE the lights coming from Tesco.

Another place that I noticed recently was an agent advertising all of the courier companies. Somewhere near Bophut market.

On the ring road - coming from Bophut towards Chewang. On the left hand side - somewhere near the old Monkey Theatre Road. Well before Samui Town Centre.

Sorry that I cannot be more accurate, but these guys come and go on a regular and frequent basis.

Good luck with DHL - I have always had to pay 'local tax'.

Thanks guys!

Looks like I will be driving between Chawang and Nanton to try and find tomorrow, my guess they won't be open Sunday!

I'll check the tracking first!!!

It's coming from Singapore (Mac stuff) so should be free of taxes....

Last shipment came within days via post direct to my door.... but the postman is always good at deliveries, .... twice in a day some times! smile.png

Thanks guys!

Looks like I will be driving between Chawang and Nanton to try and find tomorrow, my guess they won't be open Sunday!

Last shipment came within days via post direct to my door.... but the postman is always good at deliveries, .... twice in a day some times! smile.png

Oh Dear, expect a big Invoice on your Mac Stuff !!!....

there was another thread as well RE DHL , but it wasnt all posative

Thanks guys!

I just checked the tracking, now shows no record of the two of four items that left Singapore on Friday......sad.png I guess they are sitting on their bums watching Telly!!! rolleyes.gif Oh dear is right!

Well if DHL tries to charge anything extra, I'll tell them to send it back and head down to Ibeats store and wait the 20 days they need to bring stuff in. Prices the same, it's usually faster direct from Mac.

I just re-read the delivery notice with Apple it says "Free" so that is the only way I will accept it! wink.png

Now off to search where the office might be located....blink.png

edit~!

Ah I just did a web search for DHL and according to Samui Directory is that it's located near Tesco Chawang; I should have done that first! That assumes their web page is up to date......

http://www.siamdir.com/travel_and_shipping/shipping/dhl_express/index.html

Edited by samuijimmy

Thanks guys!

I just checked the tracking, now shows no record of the two of four items that left Singapore on Friday......sad.png I guess they are sitting on their bums watching Telly!!! rolleyes.gif Oh dear is right!

Well if DHL tries to charge anything extra, I'll tell them to send it back and head down to Ibeats store and wait the 20 days they need to bring stuff in. Prices the same, it's usually faster direct from Mac.

I just re-read the delivery notice with Apple it says "Free" so that is the only way I will accept it! wink.png

edit~!

Ah I just did a web search for DHL and according to Samui Directory is that it's located near Tesco Chawang; I should have done that first! That assumes their web page is up to date......

http://www.siamdir.c...ress/index.html

The outlet that is at the traffic lights near Tesco Chaweng never was an official DHL center. Yeas they had the sigh and you could send packages from there, but they just used their own transport to send the parcels to Bangkok and hand it over to DHL there. Plenty of complaints regarding this to be found, if you check old threads. Incoming DHL parcels were never shipped via them. Anyway DHL made them stop using their name.

My experience with receiving DHL on Samui is the following: Parcel gets couriered to Bangkok DHL, where they hand it over to EMS Thailand. They will do the delivery on Samui. Best to call DHL Bangkok to give your right contact info, so that the EMS guys can contact you.

Regarding duties; Duties are applicable, unless there are papers, included in the shipping manifest, showing that the stuff has a country of origin, with which Thailand has a Free Trade Agreement. That can be any Asean country, but also China, Australia or New Zealand. Where it was shipped from has no meaning.

Thanks guys!

edit~!

http://www.siamdir.c...ress/index.html

The outlet that is at the traffic lights near Tesco Chaweng never was an official DHL center. Yeas they had the sigh and you could send packages from there, but they just used their own transport to send the parcels to Bangkok and hand it over to DHL there. Plenty of complaints regarding this to be found, if you check old threads. Incoming DHL parcels were never shipped via them. Anyway DHL made them stop using their name.

My experience with receiving DHL on Samui is the following: Parcel gets couriered to Bangkok DHL, where they hand it over to EMS Thailand. They will do the delivery on Samui. Best to call DHL Bangkok to give your right contact info, so that the EMS guys can contact you.

Regarding duties; Duties are applicable, unless there are papers, included in the shipping manifest, showing that the stuff has a country of origin, with which Thailand has a Free Trade Agreement. That can be any Asean country, but also China, Australia or New Zealand. Where it was shipped from has no meaning.

w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifbiggrin.png

Thanks Old Sailor -- old chap!

With the wind an the rain, I have not ventured out, so you've saved me a trip tomorrow morning.thumbsup.gif

Still nothing new showing on the tracking record... so will wait and see.

Last year when I ordered stuff from Mac two shipments came, one from Singapore one from Hong Kong, both ended up being delivered by my friendly postman... no taxes or duty to pay...(it's included on online purchases from Mac.)

I just hope that it ends up at the post office again! that should show up on tracking when it's processed.

Just to update this...

There is a god!!....biggrin.png DHL passes on shipment to Thailand Post in BKK ... my ever smiling postman showed up at the house today twice with deliveriesclap2.gif

Two more to come, but they departed Singapore, later, but now in BKK. The tracking system is very good (except on week-ends)

Two thumbs up for Thailand Post.... again! !thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

No fees or duties to pay, all taken care of!

• Like 1

opposite bank of ayaduya in chaweng on the side of th catlex gas station

No, sir !!!! biggrin.png

There is no official DHL agent on Samui, (according to DHL) it took me a while to go to the DHL website where they list all their offical outlets....

That's why my shipment was directed to Thailand Post, once it reached BKK ... and it arrived.... two deliveries in one day for 2 parts of it! thumbsup.gif

So no hassles over having to go find it, or pay fees taxes etc.... wink.png

• 7 months later...

Did we ever find an answer to this DHL dilema?

I am in need of their services. I need to post a small package today, to arrive in BKK no later than Tuesday.

Or is the Post Office a possibility - I assume they are closed until Monday though?

Any advice warmly received?

Did we ever find an answer to this DHL dilema?

I am in need of their services. I need to post a small package today, to arrive in BKK no later than Tuesday.

Or is the Post Office a possibility - I assume they are closed until Monday though?

Any advice warmly received?

Post office is open today. I thought until noon but not sure about that. Anyway you can even send your parcel on Monday ( before 11?) and it should be delivered on Tuesday, provided you send via EMS.

As far as I know there is still no real DHL on the island. I did last year receive a package through UPS though, and that came via UPS depot on Samui. Located opposite most southern gas station in chaweng ( close to Bangkok hospital).

Lastly a really quick way of shipping to Bangkok is to use Bangkok Air. But someone will have to pick it up from suvarnabhumi.

Good luck.

There's a new DHL outlet between Makro and Sirisin don't know if official or in conjunction with a local agent

Like the one before at Tesco lights it is decked out in the DHL logo and colours

Sent documents to HK with them last Saturday and delivered on Monday morning

Yes a couple of shops down from the front of Makro ( towards Tesco ) and on the same side. I sent a "left behind" phone to Bkk via them and it arrived in Bkk at 11.30 the next morning. Excellent service! It cost me 650 baht.

There's a new DHL outlet between Makro and Sirisin don't know if official or in conjunction with a local agent

Like the one before at Tesco lights it is decked out in the DHL logo and colours

Sent documents to HK with them last Saturday and delivered on Monday morning

Yes this is a relatively new "DHL" outlet.... I don't personally know if good or bad... whistling.gif ...obviously your experience was good!

But in the past I have sent stuff via the post office, to BKK, if I remember, in at 3 pm and arrived at destination by 10 am next morning .... Bloody Amazing! thumbsup.gif

Sending stuff over a week end may cause a slow down, I base that on tracking stuff sent from Singapore, it can get stuck over the week end...