Downstream Chao Phraya Residents Warned To Brace For Impacts Of Heavy Rain

Lite Beer

I really wonder what has been done since the last flooding. A lot was promised but i haven't heard much about things that were really done. I did hear some stuff about the industrial complexes but that was probably paid by them and not the government.

I was flooded for a long time last year and if it happens again im moving. I might buy a pair of good quality wading pants.

But i find it hard to believe they will make the same mistakes again this year. If it happens twice in a row it would show incompetence of the highest order.

What has been done? At least money has been spent, there seems to be no doubt about that.

Aye, lots of money has been spent. In which areas of homelihood quite a lot ponder about. Extensions to houses, new Benz, Central card payment credits boosted, a sudden shortage in Burberry you name it, and large land masses passing hands?

No doubt about it! ;)

-mel.

If there is enough rain and the timing of the rains is bad, there will be flooding. It has little to do with the government.

All the flood barricades and walls and big bags and everything else isn't going to do much, except determine who gets hit harder and longer.

Don't mess with Mother Nature.

Don't mess with Mother Badluck.

She must be related to Yingluck.rolleyes.gif
  • Like 1

I love how farangs have panic attacks. (LOL)

Farangs will not be swimming to their houses.......

This truly truly is amazing Thailand. Last year massive floods with hundreds killed, then two months later the jaws of TV members were dropping as a drought was being discussed by the government. Now we are back to floods again??? Words fail me........ I think the " government" needs a new guy at the controls of the dam release valve.

For some reason the red shirt villagers who were flooded and drowned last year seemed to pretty well take it in stride. I suspect if there is a second year of flooding, they will not take it so well...

Edited by EyesWideOpen

How in the FROC can they say the water volume in the Chao Phraya River will increase?

I believe they are going to open some of the dams upstream so it is bound to raise the levels of the Chao Phraya river down stream. It will how ever not be a permanent rise. That is provided we don't get the same weather pattern as last year. I have no idea of how much they are going to release. I know that when they did it last year here in Chiang Mai it flooded for three days.

Hence the rush to push through the amnesty/charter bills before we're up to our necks in flood water

All people must have their priorities. And this governments priority is not the people. It's just one man. Quite a shame really as things like this is why government is needed. Not to bring back a convicted criminal to head the country, not serve his sentence.