Bbk-penang R/t

Visa trip with Air Asia

Departure BKK 0725Am- Arrive Penang 1005AM

Is there anyone who recently have been to the consulate in Penang

and used the above schedule and delivered the visa application the same morning without major flight delays and stress!

Should I plan for return one day or two days later when the plan is to return with the morning flight to Air Asia, (Penang-BKK)

Thanks

Nord

Can't answer the first part from reports of just trying to get a ticket confirmed is stressful enough.

If you arrive too late Monday the application would go in on Tuesday and be return in the afternoon of Wednesday (after 2 p.m.) so you could leave on a Thursday morning flight. That assume all are workdays.

Can't answer the first part from reports of just trying to get a ticket confirmed is stressful enough.

If you arrive too late Monday the application would go in on Tuesday and be return in the afternoon of Wednesday (after 2 p.m.) so you could leave on a Thursday morning flight. That assume all are workdays.

You can get the evening flight back ( or could in April last year) - leaves Penang about 8.00 if memory serves me right

I just did that trip 2 weeks ago. If you submit paperwork in time on Monday, you can collect visa on Tuesday afternoon. But...you'll then have to wait until Wednesday morning for the next Air Asia flight back to BKK. So plan on at least 2 nights in Penang.

Getting to the consulate on Monday is possible. I arrived at my hotel at 11:50am and the hotel staff got my documents to the consulate in time. But... if there are any delays, you could be late on Monday. Then you're gonna be waiting around until Thursday.

There's an Air Asia office in KOMTAR.

I was there nearly 2 months ago and I believe the closing time for applications was 1200 hrs. The taxi journey from the airport to the consulate could reasonably be expected to take 20 mins. In 4 trips to Penang with AirAsia my worst delay was about 50 mins. Your call, as they say!

I'm stuck in Penang at the moment. I arrived on Sunday, met an agent recommended to me, he went of with everything this morning (Monday) and called me to say they would not process the visa as it's a holiday tomorow!

I suppose I ought to have checked, but as my Thai visa runs out on the 10th, I had little choice but to come now.

So my air ticket must be changed and I'll have to stay an extra night, and also pay extra to change the ticket to Thursday.

And when I went to KOMTAR to fnd the Air Asia office, I was told it has now moved down to the airport.

Bummer ... I've heard this about the jobs-worths at Penang Thai consulate, though.

And when I went to KOMTAR to fnd the Air Asia office, I was told it has now moved down to the airport.

You might want to quickly ring up the AirAsia call center in Malaysia and double-check this information. The AirAsia ticket office in KOMTAR is virtually brand new, I'd be surprised if it's already gone (although it's certainly not impossible).

I'm stuck in Penang at the moment.

Shame

Yeah, it's a boring place really. Still, I did meet a pretty 26 year old from Russia who was stuck there at the same time, and we were able to while away the hours together! :D Very much a bonus!! :D

Not my most favourite of places, not least for the dozens of lady-boys who frequent Chulia Street and Penang Road. I asked one if she had a pussy or a dick, and she said 'Pussy, I have dick cut of last year'!! :o At least 'she' was honest! And no, I didn't. the Russian girl was far more authentic! :D

Yeah, gotta love those Russkies... :o

I quite liked the colonial atmosphere in Penang, it's a fun place to spend a bit of time...the tram ride up the hill is great and the beach can't be too bad for those so inclined...