Itunes With Thai Credit Card; No Music!

EvilDrSomkid

I just changed my iTunes account to use my Thai CC. It accepted it, but to my astonishment:

NO MUSIC available!

<deleted> is going on? Does this mean that my only means of obtaining the music I want to listen to is gone?

I am hopping mad!

What's the deal?

Yes, because of Thailand's reputation on violating copyrights the iTunes store for thailand does not have music and videos tv/movies. You have to do what the rest of us do. We have an American iTunes account and we buy iTunes gift cards online and a 10%-15% mark up.

Yes, because of Thailand's reputation on violating copyrights the iTunes store for thailand does not have music and videos tv/movies. You have to do what the rest of us do. We have an American iTunes account and we buy iTunes gift cards online and a 10%-15% mark up.

What a load of <deleted>. I'll just have to get my Dutch CC activated.

Even if I want to buy music legally here, its not possible. Ridiculous.

Maybe less music/movie/tv market in Thailand?

Not really less market, just less of a market for legal copies. Yes, less of a market, because black market audio and video cd's can be bought easily and without shame at any market in Thailand.

Edited by ThaiRich

Don't !!!

If you use the Dutch iTunes store you can use: http://www.itunescode.nl/eu-itunes.php

Youn only need ideal to buy Cards !

Don't !!!

If you use the Dutch iTunes store you can use: http://www.itunescode.nl/eu-itunes.php

Youn only need ideal to buy Cards !

I don't think so, but thanks for the tip. Pay 17,49 for a 15 euro credit? Nah.

Why should I not get my new CC activated?

Why not just get a non-Apple device and buy your music anywhere?

I've never understood the attraction of Apple devices and their colossal hidden fees.

I do own Apple shares though, so by all means carry on spending if you feel like it.

Seems a bit like slamming the stable door shut after the horse has bolted.

If entertainment companies really want less piracy they need to offer more legal alternatives.

• Like 1

I've never understood the attraction of Apple devices and their colossal hidden fees.

I do own Apple shares though, so by all means carry on spending if you feel like it.

You can buy your music anywhere and use an Apple device. No hidden fees.

The only Apple device I have is an iPod Classic. I like it. It was given to me. I find iTunes to be very handy.

Colossal hidden fees? I pay between 7 to 12 euros for a CD. That is not bad. The music I like is not available in Thai CD shops.

Like this guy:

[media=]

[youtube/] Edited by EvilDrSomkid

You can buy your music anywhere and use an Apple device. No hidden fees.

Really? Where? Do you have a website where I can buy and download the same music as found on iTunes store with a Thai CC?

Really? Where? Do you have a website where I can buy and download the same music as found on iTunes store with a Thai CC?

My suggestion wasn't for "buying with a Thai CC" but for "buying elsewhere and not paying Apple's fees".

How you pay for it is another matter. Personally I would never use a Thai card for anything as the customer protection against misuse is not sufficient.

The only countries in the Asian Region where you get full access to the iTunes store for music and/or videos are Japan and Australia/NZ (if you include Oz in the region).

Although piracy is a problem in all these markets (as it is in South America where they are now selling music) I am led to believe the real reasons are to do with copyright management and infrastructure set up in what are predominantly very small markets for international music. There are rumors this might change soon, but don't hold your breath.

• 3 weeks later...