Thailand Is Still 'Favoured Tourist Destination'

webfact

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not just trolling, was trying to see if you saw two sides and it's clear you don't.

i believed you were talking about the "kind of thing puts tourists off" and wanted your opinion on 2008 in relation to that statement.... and if you consider that trolling, so be it.

Yes I answered your post by saying that in the west we have seen peaceful sitdown protest for centuries (as practised by the democrats in the airport) and so to tourists from Europe for example it is not a cause of "shock horror alarm run away!" the same way a meth-head pointing an RPG at your family would be. I did answer your question but you chose to ignore my answer in favour of further trollage.

I think you don't give tourists any credit, to see that most tourists are aware of peoples' right to protest peacefully and are aware of Thailand's colourful politics, and may have to delay or re-route flights if they are caught up in protest, but they draw the line when huge crowds of redmob are doing the scene from Mordor with hordes cheering at a hunched figure onstage who shouts "burn, burn it all!"

i think it's you that gives tourists no credit.

also, the only applicable data we have points to the airport siege being more damaging for tourist numbers ie the record of arrivals in thailand as tourists in suvarnabhumi.

everything else is just hearsay and from personal perspectives.

and if you say something on here, be prepared for someone to ask you a question without calling them a troll or it's you who becomes one.

I personally believe the root to all these problems is Thailands liberal visa policy's...I say tighten up the visa requirements across the board..

Oh yes, because the Thais are pure as the driven snow and all of the Kingdom's problems are the result of evil foreigners. Some scrutiny in the visa process could help, but that's not ALL of the problem nor the root issue. Give us a break.

i think it's you that gives tourists no credit.

also, the only applicable data we have points to the airport siege being more damaging for tourist numbers ie the record of arrivals in thailand as tourists in suvarnabhumi.

everything else is just hearsay and from personal perspectives.

and if you say something on here, be prepared for someone to ask you a question without calling them a troll or it's you who becomes one.

Actuallly you are the first person I've referred to as a troll, based on the posts directed at me above and in other threads. I don't ask for or need your advice on answering questions on any forum thankyou.

I think if you consider the mass-cancellations of flights and completely empty hotels during the redmob ten week nightmare, as hearsay, then you are clearly delusional or joking. 2010 April-May was catastrophic among hotels in Bangkok, whole floors empty and people who couldn't cancel their holiday seeking hotels outside Bangkok instead, hotels which had trouble dealing with all the tourists trying to leave the capital. The redmob burning and waving weapons around and inciting violence and inciting arson was on BBC and American TV every day for months, how you can say that is hearsay or less damaging to respectable tourism, than a bunch of democrats doing a sitdown protest is mind-boggling to me.

mass cancellation of flights? really? was that during or after the volcanic eruption?

and yes it is hearsay, because you haven't provided any evidence.

how you can say that is hearsay or less damaging to respectable tourism, than a bunch of democrats doing a sitdown protest is mind-boggling to me

see i didn't say that, that's just what you assume and you know what assumptions do.

i think both had a definite effect on tourism during their time period but nothing too drastic overall, so don't tell me what i say when i didn't say it thankyou.

Just wait until even cheaper Myanmar becomes "developed" with a string of resorts lining it's coasts attracting tourists, let's give it 5 years and flights to Myanmar might exceed those to Thailand or be a serious competition to the Thai tourist economy

It will take close to a decade to build the infrastructure needed to support a vibrant tourism industry in Myanmar. Until then, the Thais will do as they please.

Oh Jesus - does that mean 10 more years or seeing your predictable nonsense?

Not if you die or move away.whistling.gif

Edited by geriatrickid

I think you don't give tourists any credit, to see that most tourists are aware of peoples' right to protest peacefully and are aware of Thailand's colourful politics, and may have to delay or re-route flights if they are caught up in protest, but they draw the line when huge crowds of redmob are doing the scene from Mordor with hordes cheering at a hunched figure onstage who shouts "burn, burn it all!"

If tourists have any sense they won't be coming to a country where

Natural disasters kill hundreds every year.

Where the police a corrupt and the streets are full of prostitutes.

The army feels free to kill protesters.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

I personally believe the root to all these problems is Thailands liberal visa policy's...I say tighten up the visa requirements across the board..

Visa requirements wont be tightened because the government doesnt want the undesirables setting off bombs here. Better to let them in as long as they dont start their trouble here. Thats why there was only a mini clamp down after the Iranian fiasco before going back to normal.

Its a policy that served them well in WWII. Let the Japs in, just dont ransack Bangkok and you can do what you want.

It looks like they're acknowledging that they should be focusing on Russian and Middle Eastern tourists for growth, because, aside from sex tourism enthusiasts, fewer and fewer Western tourists (especially families) are interested in Thailand's scams and polluted, over-developed beaches. Langkawi is beautiful, clean, and minus the general malfeasance seen at Pattaya, Phuket, Samui, etc.

nice post, but are you suggesting none of the tourists from the middle east are here as sex tourists ?............ if so , you need to walk along pattaya seafront after dark and your opinion may well change ., alternatively check out hypocriteholidays.com whistling.gif

Oh yes, because the Thais are pure as the driven snow and all of the Kingdom's problems are the result of evil foreigners. Some scrutiny in the visa process could help, but that's not ALL of the problem nor the root issue. Give us a break.

errrrrrrrr,....... i think he was being sarcastic fella .

errrrrrrrr,....... i think he was being sarcastic fella .

Oh, in that case... good one! clap2.gif