Yingluck Not Confirm, Deny Speculation She Would Become Defence Minister

webfact

Actually, defence is spelled with a "S" not a "C". So it should be "Defense". Except maybe here in Thailand. I was going to ask what gives her the idea that she is qualified to be the Defense Minisiter, but got another cup of coffee and woke up. TIT coffee1.gif

Just because your US spell checker says defense, it is very much wrong. The correct spelling is most certainly Defence. If you are going to steal another nations language and only have it in use for some 250 years or so then please have the respect to leave said language unadulterated. There are many people on TV who blindly follow the spell checker program with no thought at all for the correct English Language. I guess you would also say color instead of colour. So please use Defense if you must, but don't try and tell the rest of the world who use the Queens English that the US spelling is correct.

Hahaha. Indeed.

I noticed on the Miracle Thailand adverts that they use "colourful" and "glamourous".

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OMG.........With this news, I am sure that Cambodia is preparing for its invasion of Thailand. With Yingluck as Defense Minister, taking over Thailand must look like a walk in the park. ......cheesy.gifcheesy.gif I swear this government is becoming more bizarre by the day. LIke a comedy being played out, with the inside joke on the Thai people. It has been said that the people of a country deserve exactly the government they have, and nowhere truer then here.

Actually, defence is spelled with a "S" not a "C". So it should be "Defense". Except maybe here in Thailand. I was going to ask what gives her the idea that she is qualified to be the Defense Minisiter, but got another cup of coffee and woke up. TIT coffee1.gif

Just because your US spell checker says defense, it is very much wrong. The correct spelling is most certainly Defence. If you are going to steal another nations language and only have it in use for some 250 years or so then please have the respect to leave said language unadulterated. There are many people on TV who blindly follow the spell checker program with no thought at all for the correct English Language. I guess you would also say color instead of colour. So please use Defense if you must, but don't try and tell the rest of the world who use the Queens English that the US spelling is correct.

thumbsup.gif

Bold prediction!!

Thaksin will never step foot in Thailand again. He knows what's waiting for him.

Bold prediction number 2!!

Virtually none of my fellow members will admit to being totally wrong with their predictions ( plural ) in regards to the return of TS so far.

Bold prediction number 3!!

Yingluck will muddle along just fine and no calamities such as coups or mass murders at riots will befall her government.

TiT......it may be that they've fluked upon the ideal way to run the country :-)

Right, go ahead, flame away, but please start your flame with,

' My name is ........, I've been wrong X times so far about the return of TS'......

Here here

Looks like your Latin spellchecker isn't working. The correct spelling is most cerertainly defensum.

• Like 1

Bad idea, she doesn't have the time for it

Role models Samak and Somchai didn't either, but that didn't stop them from taking the dual positions of PM and DM.

Prime Minister and Defence Minister Samak Sundaravej

Prime Minister and Defence Minister Somchai Wongsawat

p.s. the epilogue of the previous post's evasiveness was that Somchai did take the dual positions.

Thaksin never thinks things to end.

It would be far easier to govern if she is PM, Defense Minister, Interior and Justice Minister at the same time. No need to have so many people.

Later on with some charter changes she could be also police chief, and "first judge". And maybe the parliament could vote that they don't need to have a vote for every decision he she makes.

Would streamline everything....

If; and I mean if Yingluck wishes to add the defense portfolio to her premiership it is of course up to her. If true I sense that Yingluck has already discussed as much with Prem Tinsulanonda and Prayuth Chan-ocha. In which case all of this wittering would be irrelevant.

Bad idea, she doesn't have the time for it

Role models Samak and Somchai didn't either, but that didn't stop them from taking the dual positions of PM and DM.

Prime Minister and Defence Minister Samak Sundaravej

Prime Minister and Defence Minister Somchai Wongsawat

p.s. the epilogue of the previous post's evasiveness was that Somchai did take the dual positions.

Thaksin never thinks things to end.

It would be far easier to govern if she is PM, Defense Minister, Interior and Justice Minister at the same time. No need to have so many people.

Later on with some charter changes she could be also police chief, and "first judge". And maybe the parliament could vote that they don't need to have a vote for every decision he she makes.

Would streamline everything....

I think that's all contained in the 5th reconciliation bill being considered by the PTP.

Obviously she cannot say now - heck give her chance to chat to big bro and ask permission

no doubt, or at least read from a rubbish script, pretend she wrote it...and then maybe even <deleted> it up badly in English to the international press. (don't answer any questions about experience or related qualifications).

She smiled back to reporters without saying anything

The Prime Minister doing what she does best.

She smiled but said nothing in response to questions

Evasiveness of that consistency has not been witnessed in Thailand since her brother-in-law was PM, who, curiously, was evasive on the same exact question.

Cabinet line-up almost ready, says PM

Somchai also denied that ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who is his brother-in-law, had had anything to do with the Cabinet line-up in the making.

The PPP meeting yesterday agreed to give Somchai "full power" in preparing the Cabinet nominations, party spokesman Kudep Saikrajang said.

The PM was evasive when asked if he would retain Defence, like his predecessor Samak Sundaravej

The Nation 2008-09-21

Interesting point, Buchholz, perhaps it's in their genes. I believe it is fact that the "evasiveness" gene can leap normal geneological boundaries and cross from brother in laws to sisters of international criminal fugitives and even to cats, though I could be wrong................whistling.gif

How is she going to defend the country against its hordes of enemies? Swinging her luxury handbag at them? Kicking them with her posh wellingtons? Throwing expensive macaroons?

Maybe she is going to take a leaf out of Maggie Thatcher's book, by handbagging everyone. Assuming she know who Maggie is and will she need to do another course for that?giggle.gif

The reporters should ask her if she is the PM? Yingluck Not Confirm, Deny that she is PM?

I recall the Red Shirts when they visit Thaksin in Lao and Cambodia they spoke about Premier Thaksin (not Ex-Premier).

quote Yesterday the News said:

unquote

quote - Today the News said:

unquote

Evasiveness of that consistency has not been witnessed in Thailand since her brother-in-law was PM, who, curiously, was evasive on the same exact question.

Somchai also denied that ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who is his brother-in-law, had had anything to do with the Cabinet line-up in the making.

The PPP meeting yesterday agreed to give Somchai "full power" in preparing the Cabinet nominations, party spokesman Kudep Saikrajang said.

The PM was evasive when asked if he would retain Defence, like his predecessor Samak Sundaravej

The Nation 2008-09-21

Interesting point, Buchholz, perhaps it's in their genes. I believe it is fact that the "evasiveness" gene can leap normal geneological boundaries and cross from brother in laws to sisters of international criminal fugitives and even to cats, though I could be wrong................

Who knows what sort of genetic malformations can occur when dealing with a clone.

• Like 1

F60.7 Dependent personality disorder

Personality disorder characterized by pervasive passive reliance on other people to make one's major and minor life decisions, great fear of abandonment, feelings of helplessness and incompetence, passive compliance with the wishes of elders and others, and a weak response to the demands of daily life. Lack of vigour may show itself in the intellectual or emotional spheres; there is often a tendency to transfer responsibility to others. Personality (disorder):

• asthenic
  • inadequate
  • passive
  • self-defeating

---------------------

My diagnosis (remote diagnosises are ethical prohibited for graduated psychologists) but the genetic speculations give me the right to post a "may be" for brother and sister..

---------

F60.0 Paranoid personality disorder

Personality disorder characterized by excessive sensitivity to setbacks, unforgiveness of insults; suspiciousness and a tendency to distort experience by misconstruing the neutral or friendly actions of others as hostile or contemptuous; recurrent suspicions, without justification, regarding the sexual fidelity of the spouse or sexual partner; and a combative and tenacious sense of personal rights. There may be excessive self-importance, and there is often excessive self-reference.

Edited by lungmi

I think she should give her a real nice military title "Supreme Commander" or "Reichsfeldmarschall" and a pretty pretty uniform with a lot of gold.

Maybe with female body guards in black leather uniform and high heels tongue.png

Bold prediction!!

Thaksin will never step foot in Thailand again. He knows what's waiting for him.

Bold prediction number 2!!

Virtually none of my fellow members will admit to being totally wrong with their predictions ( plural ) in regards to the return of TS so far.

Bold prediction number 3!!

Yingluck will muddle along just fine and no calamities such as coups or mass murders at riots will befall her government.

TiT......it may be that they've fluked upon the ideal way to run the country :-)

Right, go ahead, flame away, but please start your flame with,

' My name is ........, I've been wrong X times so far about the return of TS'......

My predictions are well documented and I am awaiting there confirmation.........

post-46292-0-68570500-1339509978_thumb.j

I think she should give her a real nice military title "Supreme Commander" or "Reichsfeldmarschall" and a pretty pretty uniform with a lot of gold.

Maybe with female body guards in black leather uniform and high heels tongue.png

Only if she promises not to send text messages while standing in rank and file at a ceremony.

So Parliament, already without the PM for most sessions, would be missing a Defence Minister as well.

Not much of a loss because he rhodes3.jpg will get a cabinet post, with the only purpose of pushing all those voting buttons Yingluck is supposed to.

quote Yesterday the News said:

unquote

quote - Today the News said:

unquote

The Nation 2008-09-21

Interesting point, Buchholz, perhaps it's in their genes. I believe it is fact that the "evasiveness" gene can leap normal geneological boundaries and cross from brother in laws to sisters of international criminal fugitives and even to cats, though I could be wrong................

Who knows what sort of genetic malformations can occur when dealing with a clone.

It would be a long list.biggrin.png