American Private School Teacher Accused Of Sex With Minors At His East Pattaya Home

Rimmer

accused of sexually assaulting five boy’s under the age of 15.

arrested Mr. Gregory James Miller aged 48 from Illinois, USA, a teacher at the Garden International School.

Garden International School's website listed Greg Miller as the Homeroom Teacher for 5th Graders (most of whom are 12 year of age).

http://webcache.goog...lient=firefox-a

the above link is cached.... his name has since been dropped from the school's website.

===========================================================================

An article written by him just 4 days ago for the Pattaya Mail regarding a field trip he took his class of 5th graders on.

http://www.pattayama...ong-nooch-13485

According to the BK Post of Monday morning 11/06 he did have one of the 5 boys in his room the moment the police came into his house.

Four boys stood outside the house together and when the police asked them what they were doing there they replied, according to BK Post of 11/06, that they came to pick up their usual 300 baht.

It therefore seems. abeit of a very young age, these boys were in the game already!!

Also, the article stated that the police had found a camera with images of him performing sexual acts with these same boys.

It's the 3rd time in less than a year that I read about a foreigner working as a teacher on an International school in Thailand is arrested for committing a felony.

Twice it concerned sex with minors, once it concerned the selling, distributing and manufacturing of yaa ba. All three very serious offences.

I believe it's time for those schools to step up quickly and thoroughly and re-asses their screening procedures just for starters.

If that helps....pfffff.

Edited by luckyman

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the BK Post of 10/06 he did have one of the 5 boys in his room the moment the police cam in his house. Four boys stood outsisde together and when the police asked them what they were doing there they replied, according to BK Post of 10/06, that they came to pick up their usual 300 baht.

It therefore seems. abeit of a very young age, these boys were in the game already!!

Also, the article stated that the police had found a camera with images of him performing sexual acts with the same boys.

well according to the story posted here the police came in after the 5 boys left. So there seems to be some mis-reporting going on for sure.

I do hope that the truth can be found in a court of law but maybe this is just wishful thinking.

• Like 1

arrested Mr. Gregory James Miller aged 48 from Illinois, USA, a teacher at the Garden International School.

Garden International School's website listed Greg Miller as the Homeroom Teacher for 5th Graders (most of whom are 12 year of age).

the above link is cached.... his name has since been dropped from the school's website.

An article written by him just 4 days ago for the Pattaya Mail regarding a field trip he took his class of 5th graders on.

According to the BK Post of Monday morning 11/06 he did have one of the 5 boys in his room the moment the police came into his house.

Four boys stood outside the house together and when the police asked them what they were doing there they replied, according to BK Post of 11/06, that they came to pick up their usual 300 baht.

Also, the article stated that the police had found a camera with images of him performing sexual acts with these same boys.

It's the 3rd time in less than a year that I read about a foreigner working as a teacher on an International school in Thailand is arrested for committing a felony.

Twice it concerned sex with minors, once it concerned the selling, distributing and manufacturing of yaa ba. All three very serious offences.

I believe it's time for those schools to step up quickly and thoroughly and re-asses their screening procedures just for starters.

If that helps....pfffff.

The magic word is : foreign quality teachers

If the kid is actually the son of a jilted girlfriend (see other story) then the "explicit material" needs to be produced. If it cannot be produced then you'd have to go with the jilted ex using her son for revenge.

These are terrible accusations if true but the sole basis for prosecuting him ought not to be a 12 year old who is not at arms length.

Another case of not enough facts to make a judgement.

Thailand gets all the sexually sick people visiting from all over the world, Pedophiles are the most dangerous and loathsome. Why with the internet now, can't a data base be set up with all these criminals(convicts) names and country origin set up a red flag upon arrival in Thailand,even pedophiles from the Phillipines come to Thailand regularly as predators. We could set up an Interpol of Mom's and Dad's to post these scums faces around schools and malls, better still, maybe the Thai court system will give a severe sentence to those fairly convicted !!. A slap on the wrist approach has ruined my EX-country. Then those who knowingly come to commit crimes here will stay away.

I know nothing about this case, but I recommend reading the comments on the Pattaya One story which shed a very different light on matters.

Er, comments by anonymous posters have even less credibility than Pattaya One stories! Present company excepted.giggle.gif

I did read the post at Pattaya One. In which I will say if they had sexual explicit pictures they would of shown them like they normally do and fuzzing out the faces or censor out anything sexual but they normally like to show the silhouettes. I really hope he is innocent and based what I was reading at Pattaya One, it does make some sense. coffee1.gif

Sorry you can't read or keep an open mind, your name must be Robert. You couldn't get anyone to listen to your rhetoric at Pattaya One so you brought it here. w00t.gifclap2.gif

If that helps....pfffff.

The magic word is : foreign quality teachers

Or perhaps, "quality foreign teachers".

• Like 1

According to the BK Post of 10/06 he did have one of the 5 boys in his room the moment the police cam in his house. Four boys stood outsisde together and when the police asked them what they were doing there they replied, according to BK Post of 10/06, that they came to pick up their usual 300 baht.

Also, the article stated that the police had found a camera with images of him performing sexual acts with the same boys.

well according to the story posted here the police came in after the 5 boys left. So there seems to be some mis-reporting going on for sure.

I do hope that the truth can be found in a court of law but maybe this is just wishful thinking.

Yes there is missreporting going on...The Bangkok post reported five boys outside came for their normal 300 baht.

Some other reports say they were inside or just leaving and that only one said he got money of 500baht. Then Police said they had pictures on a camera...yet they didn't show them like they normally do by showing the silhouettes with censored area's or fuzzing them out

They found sexually explicit material featuring Mr. Miller with minors. That's either photographs or videos and that's virtually impossible to manufacture. It's not looking good for the guy!

I think what you meant to say was " The police implied they found explict pictures" but were not produced like they normally do. Usually that's the first thing Thai police do is show pictures.

By saying 'They found sexually explicit pictures" your reinforcing what they want us to believe which is what they do with the run of the mill Thai's, because once you have 10 people saying the same thing most assume it doesn't need to be questioned. If you have ever been in an altercation with a Thai or Thai police or both, then you will know that all the police ha to do is say something, then it becomes Gospel, doesn't matter if it makes sense or not. As Foriegners we should be sticking by each other until the proof is there, otherwise we are no different than they are. coffee1.gif

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Not anther one. Why do these scum have to choose Thailand.

http://www.pattayaon...t-pattaya-home/

I have read all the forums on this case, and have reached certain conclusions.

This chap was found in a house with the 9 year old child of a jilted Thai woman. Greg refused to become her lover as she has an English husband who is currently overseas.

The child was fully clothed and playing on a play station playing computer games in the front room of the house, as he had done for many weeks previously.

When asked what was going on the kid said 'nothing' then after being taken outside with mother and police miraculously he had been molested.

The 'couple' had a huge bust up on the 4th, and he was arrested on the 9th.

It is alleged the gossip is now that certain persons involved are planning on how to spend their compensation.

This guy is a highly qualified 48 year old school teacher, is polite and well turned out, has a clean criminal record, and is innocent until proven guilty.

The Thai police obviously take great glee in publicising their successes, and these are the exactly the same Thai police that in a recent case were found to have paid a witness to say what the police wanted them to say, that he had been abducted and sexually assaulted- only problem was that on the day in question he was not even in Pattaya, and the Court literally dismissed the case and recommended the Prosecutor file charges against the police.

Lest I be criticised for my comments here, if he were to be found guilty I would be the first one to sharpen the blade.

Let's wait to see the outcome.

Edited by Rimmer
External Forum links

Thailand gets all the sexually sick people visiting from all over the world, Pedophiles are the most dangerous and loathsome. Why with the internet now, can't a data base be set up with all these criminals(convicts) names and country origin set up a red flag upon arrival in Thailand,even pedophiles from the Phillipines come to Thailand regularly as predators. We could set up an Interpol of Mom's and Dad's to post these scums faces around schools and malls, better still, maybe the Thai court system will give a severe sentence to those fairly convicted !!. A slap on the wrist approach has ruined my EX-country. Then those who knowingly come to commit crimes here will stay away.

Sad but true but most of our home countries have 100,s of thousands of Pedophiles, most known to the victems families. Its not a Thai problem is world wide, as the Catholic church prove's. What is a Thai problem is corrupt useless police officialls that jump in on possible oppurtunities like this to extort money. It could quite easily be a set up, i really cant see a teacher taking kids back to his house in a village complex like that in full view of everybody. Very easy to set somebody up like this, clear cut way would be to produce some pictures of a less graphic nature to substanciate their claims, but doubt that will happen.

Edited by marstons
  • Like 1

This chap was found in a house with the 9 year old child of a jilted Thai woman. Greg refused to become her lover as she has an English husband who is currently overseas.

The child was fully clothed and playing on a play station playing computer games in the front room of the house, as he had done for many weeks previously.

When asked what was going on the kid said 'nothing' then after being taken outside with mother and police miraculously he had been molested.

It is alleged the gossip is now that certain persons involved are planning on how to spend their compensation.

This guy is a highly qualified 48 year old school teacher, is polite and well turned out, has a clean criminal record, and is innocent until proven guilty.

The Thai police obviously take great glee in publicising their successes, and these are the exactly the same Thai police that in a recent case were found to have paid a witness to say what the police wanted them to say, that he had been abducted and sexually assaulted- only problem was that on the day in question he was not even in Pattaya, and the Court literally dismissed the case and recommended the Prosecutor file charges against the police.

Lest I be criticised for my comments here, if he were to be found guilty I would be the first one to sharpen the blade.

It seems the most dangerous thing you can do in Thailand these days is get involved with Thai women!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
UPDATE
US EXPAT SENTENCED TO 38 YEARS IMPRISONMENT FOR PAEDOPHILIA OFFENCES

gregory-james-greg-miller-paedophile-tha Miller at his arrest in June 2012

US expat Gregory 'Greg' Miller, who previously worked as a teacher in various schools in Thailand, was on 14th November 2013 sentenced to 38 years imprisonment for sexually assaulting a nine year old boy on ten occasions between January and June 2012.

In passing sentence the presiding Judge said that Miller's conduct over such a long period and repeatedly sexually assaulting such a young child justified an extremely harsh sentence. The sentence is one of the highest ever imposed in Thailand for this type of offence - the maximum penalty for the offence is life imprisonment.

Greg Miller was arrested in Pattaya in June 2012, and subsequently pleaded guilty on 28th October 2013 to sexually assaulting the boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons. Miller is suspected of sexually assaulting at least five other boys, all under the age of 12. Following his arrest evidence came to light that Miller was stalking young boys and video taping them at school functions.

more here : http://case-watch-thailand.blogspot.com/2013/11/us-paedophile-gregory-james-miller.html

• Like 1

if he were to be found guilty I would be the first one to sharpen the blade.

Got that blade sharpened yet?

38 years, and pled guilty.

"The sentence is one of the highest ever imposed in Thailand for this type of offence"

Great news, hope he does all the time here.

Yes, should have been "Never To Be Released."

At least in Thailand creatures such as this can get 38 years. Sadly in Australia, they get a virtual Slap on the wrist. Although if they do get chucked in jail, the other inmates have Special Treatment for these "Rock Spiders" just hope the inmates here do the same.

A Sensible post , not too many on this subject.

I have sat in 229s (Interviewing Child Sex Offenders) & there is a lot of 'comments' on here made without true knowledge.

Facts are what is missing here with all the conflicted media 'facts' it will have to be in a Court to rule out the conjecture & drivel being passed around.

Wait & See I M O

coffee1.gif

Yes, should have been "Never To Be Released."

At least in Thailand creatures such as this can get 38 years. Sadly in Australia, they get a virtual Slap on the wrist. Although if they do get chucked in jail, the other inmates have Special Treatment for these "Rock Spiders" just hope the inmates here do the same.

Really? Some examples - Mark Pendleton got 27 years, Kenneth Trotter served 18 years (deported to the UK and reoffended).

Edited by simple1

A Sensible post , not too many on this subject.

I have sat in 229s (Interviewing Child Sex Offenders) & there is a lot of 'comments' on here made without true knowledge.

Facts are what is missing here with all the conflicted media 'facts' it will have to be in a Court to rule out the conjecture & drivel being passed around.

Wait & See I M O

coffee1.gif

Did you even bother to read post #45 ?

Where there is smoke, there's fire.

Not all of the time of course but more times than not.

are where exactly is there smoke here?

"and report finding sexually explicit material featuring Mr. Miller with minors "

That bit in the report ?

That would be the bane of this man's career and his life. One considers who took the images or movies and/or how it was accomplished. One considers whether or not the boy's faces in those images or movies were happy and "in to it", or whether they appeared afraid and/or drugged, or whatever.

My point being; scum should be dealt with accordingly, but it is disingenuous to claim this as any kind of success in the efforts to clean up child abuse if those responsible for cleaning it up leave the basic foundation, which creates it, intact.

Excluding pedophile rings, this issue is about pedophiles who go outside (or live outside) the rings and prey upon innocents. But one must ask one's self, "How innocent are these children (respectfully yet truthfully), if they are already abused to the point of seeing sex with genders of any age as a means to survive or simply because they enjoy it, when in fact their minds are also sickened with the delusion that it is acceptable to do so outside of the limits of a socially accepted standard?".

If the children are already sickened in their minds, then this issue goes even deeper, and even more blame is laid at the feet of Thai adults who are in the position to prevent it at all levels.

There is so much wrong here on so many levels that I simply cannot blame only this one sick man (if, indeed, the sexually explicit material is unquestionable).

Edited by cup-O-coffee

• 1 month later...

Didn't this guys mother get fleeced of 300k usd trying to get him out of jail?

The convicted pedophile's lawyer is now a fugitive for that in the new development:

Thai court orders arrest of fake Scottish lawyer

A SCOT is wanted by police in Thailand after failing to appear in court to answer charges of fraudulently posing as a lawyer. Brian Goldie, 47, from Falkirk, who practises under the name Brian Goudie, is accused of ­conning an American woman out of £180,000.

He was due to appear at the Provincial Court in Pattaya, ­yesterday to submit himself for trial and pay bail. When he did not appear the court issued an order for his ­arrest. Mr Goldie had agreed to represent Mrs Millers son, Gregory, who had obtained a job teaching at an international school near Pattaya. Miller, 46, was arrested and charged with paying for sex with under-aged boys.

- More -

http://www.scotsman.com/news/scotland/top-stories/thai-court-orders-arrest-of-fake-scottish-lawyer-1-3282896

Things went from bad to worse for Mr Miller.

It would be interesting to know how this con man was put in touch with Mrs Miller (who at 75 years old, could have done without it) to represent her son.

Was it the same people that put Mr Miller in jail?

Another story where the police are arresting an alleged pedophile, and they appear to have some fairly incriminating evidence.

No problem there!

Yet again, another story where the police and child protective forces have the children within their grasp, and fail to do anything with the children beyond take their testimonies.

Big problem there.

Yet again, another story where the police and child protective forces fail to drag the parents into the police station and press charges against them for allowing their children to engage in prostitution and who knows what else.

Big problem there as well.

Oh! Let me guess. The mothers (because one can never track down the fathers) would simply throw up their arms and cry and bemoan, "We can't control our children. What can we do?".

Is this, also, the "Thai Middle Way"?

Yes! Pedophiles (when the evidence dictates) deserve the worst judgment; ... but the animals who create the playground for pedophiles deserve even worse than that, simply because they are the ones who have responsibility towards the children they are responsible to protect.

But, this is Thailand. This is the "Thai Middle Way". Avoid the real disease, and go after the symptom.

Not sad; ...disgusting and reprehensible!

Edited by cup-O-coffee

• 4 months later...