Stun Gun Stops Foreign Fighter Outside Pattaya Police Station

Rimmer

Normally the word "faring" refers to WHITE foreigners. Now I am not prejudice but this guy looks Middle Eastern and there is a reason that most bars won't allow them in. The first time I saw this was when I was sitting in a bar on walking st. years ago people watching and a few Middle East men stopped and were looking in the bar as if they were going to come in. The mamasan ran out quickly and told them to move on and they did. I asked her how they could do this (I wasn't aware of laws in Thailand at that time and in Canada and most Western countries they could be shut down for refusing entry because of nationality) anyways she told me that they are just rude, ignorant and cheap and cause trouble everywhere they go.

This fat (not well built) man could have easily started it it by being rude or belligerent. Who knows for real.

The real issue is the guy that stopped in his pick-up truck, got out, shocked the guy then drove away. His license plate number is clearly shown but do you think they will find and charge him? I don't.

I remember the red signs with white writing that used to hang outside the enterance to a lot of these places.

The white writing was in Arabic and English, and said words to the effect, no Arab allowed to sit here, we respect our women.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not the amps guys. Stun guns / tasers output high voltage low current. You could make a 50KV output from a 1.5v AA battery if you wanted to. The electronics contained in these guns multiply the input voltage up to the desired one.

You need high amps to do that.

No mate you don't. Amps and voltage are two sides of the power coin. You do not require high current to generate high voltage. Have you ever received a static shock from touching some metal after walking across a carpet in your socks? No high currents involved here but several thousand volts generated.

A stun gun only needs to produces enough voltage to induce 10milliamps or so through the body to be effective.

Edited by canman

Its not the amps guys. Stun guns / tasers output high voltage low current. You could make a 50KV output from a 1.5v AA battery if you wanted to. The electronics contained in these guns multiply the input voltage up to the desired one.

No mate you don't. Amps and voltage are two sides of the power coin. You do not require high current to generate high voltage. Have you ever received a static shock from touching some metal after walking across a carpet in your socks? No high currents involved here but several thousand volts generated.

A stun gun only needs to produces enough voltage to induce 10milliamps or so through the body to be effective.

I am talking about the input requirements (the power source) and not the output that is used for the shocking which is what you are talking about. Without the amps then you would not have the power in your batts to handle the job. They would go flat before you ever got a shock.

Take your cell phone batts.. they all have same voltage but the greater amps gives you greater capacity. Do you think a low capacity battery can be used for a stun gun?

The output on stun gun is high volt and low amps.. if the output had high amps it would kill you. It's the amps that kill you not the voltage.

Edited by Jayman

A condenser rew up the voltage, but it takes some time to do so.

Features:

~ Output Characteristics:

-Pulse Rate: 15 pulses/second, continuous output for 7 seconds, 1/2 second pause.

-Pulse Duration: 120 microseconds

-Peak Voltage: 150,000 Volts

~ Housing: ABS High Impact Plastic

~ Power Source: 7.4v Lithium Ion Battery

~ Green/Red LED Power Indicator

~ Integrated Bright LED (night time use)

~ Integrated Laser (used for target acquisition)

~ Electrical Charge can penetrate up to 1" of clothing

~ Circuit Disconnect Rip Cord / Disable Pin

~ Safety Toggle Switch

~ Pressure Firing Trigger (duration of 10 seconds of activation)

~ Replaceable Dart Cartridge

~ Projectile Darts have a 15 foot reach

~ Can be used as a traditional Stun Gun with used cartridge or without the cartridge.

~ 1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty

http://www.smartstun.com/PHAZZER-Dragon-Stun-Gun--Projectile-Type_p_13.html&catid=12

If anyone has it for sale, i'm interested

I am talking about the input requirements (the power source) and not the output that is used for the shocking which is what you are talking about.

My static example was to demonstrate that high voltages can be generated with little current which is what is happening in a stun gun. What do you consider high current? I would be very supprised if the stun guns out there have anything internally operating at more than .2 of an amp DC and on the AC side would be considerably less.

I am talking about the input requirements (the power source) and not the output that is used for the shocking which is what you are talking about.

My static example was to demonstrate that high voltages can be generated with little current which is what is happening in a stun gun. What do you consider high current? I would be very supprised if the stun guns out there have anything internally operating at more than .2 of an amp DC and on the AC side would be considerably less.

well a 9v battery has high amps compared to a 1.5v AA.. high and low is relative.. but we are talking about battery capacity here...

Most stun guns use 9v bats which are 6 x 1.5v AA inside them wired in series. I'm nit saying you can't make a stun gun that will shock you with a 1.5v bat but the bat will go flat after how many discharges? This is why you never see them on the market with 1.5v batts.

In any case.. my initial comment was to dispel the comment by GONE that the ones powered by a 9V battery are a "toy" and not real since according to him the "real" ones don't use batteries.

Edited by Jayman

Actually you are not 100% spot on in your reasoning there. 9 v batts typically have a lower mah rating then a AA which means they store less power although a 9v battery will typically be able to delivery a higher current than a AA battery. The reason you would want a 9v battery is it is easier and cheaper to design a circuit using 9v than 1.5v.

Actually you are not 100% spot on in your reasoning there. 9 v batts typically have a lower mah rating then a AA which means they store less power although a 9v battery will typically be able to delivery a higher current than a AA battery. The reason you would want a 9v battery is it is easier and cheaper to design a circuit using 9v than 1.5v.

If you cut the top off of a 9v bat you will fit it is just a case for 6 x 1.5 v AAA batts inside

9V_innards_AAAA_removal-1.jpg

EDIT:I said AA when what I meant was the smaller sized AAA.

Edited by Jayman

If you cut the top off of a 9v bat you will fit it is just a case for 6 x 1.5 v AAA batts inside

9V_innards_AAAA_removal-1.jpg

EDIT:I said AA when what I meant was the smaller sized AAA.

Yes they are full of AAA cells wired in series to give an o/p of 9v. Note that the current rating for a number of cells wired in series is going to be the max current rating for any one individual cell.

Yes they are full of AAA cells wired in series to give an o/p of 9v. Note that the current rating for a number of cells wired in series is going to be the max current rating for any one individual cell.

I agree with that but doesn't a 9v battery have higher mAh rating than a AAA?

I agree with that but doesn't a 9v battery have higher mAh rating than a AAA?

Typically a 9V alkaline battery is around 500mah where as a typical AAA is 1000mah. Not sure why such a big differance but suspect it is because of so many cells being in series. Each cell has some internal resistance so putting them in series increases the overall resistance thus losing some of the energy to heat and limiting the max current. Having given it more thought, it seems my previous statement that the mah rating for a battery should be equal to that of an individual cell does not appear to work. Now I am curious and need to do some research.

Source for the battery / cell mah ratings is from: techlib.com/reference/batteries.html

Edited by canman

You are absolutely correct that in series voltages are summed and current remains constant where as in parallel the voltage remains constant and the current is summed.

Current which is measured in amps is not the same a mAh which is miliamp hours and is used to determine the capacity of a battery. I'm nearly certain that a 9v battery has a higher mAh rating (capacity) than a AAA battery.

Milliamp Hour (mAh)

Milliamps Hour (mAh) is important because it's the easiest way to distinguish the strength or capacity of a battery. The higher the mAh, the longer the battery will last. Batteries with different mAh ratings are interchangeable. If your battery is rechargeable then the mAh rating is how long the battery will last per charge.

Milliamps Hour is 1/1000th of a Amp Hour, so a 1000mAh = 1.0Ah

Think of a cars gas tank. Voltage is how much gas is being used, and mAh is the size of the gas tank. The bigger the gas tank (mAh) rating the longer the device will run. If your battery is rechargeable, then think of the gas tank as refillable (rechargeable).

Edited by Jayman

You are absolutely correct that in series voltages are summed and current remains constant where as in parallel the voltage remains constant and the current is summed.

Current which is measured in amps is not the same a mAh which is miliamp hours and is used to determine the capacity of a battery. I'm nearly certain that a 9v battery has a higher mAh rating (capacity) than a AAA battery.

Milliamp Hour (mAh)

Milliamps Hour (mAh) is important because it's the easiest way to distinguish the strength or capacity of a battery. The higher the mAh, the longer the battery will last. Batteries with different mAh ratings are interchangeable. If your battery is rechargeable then the mAh rating is how long the battery will last per charge.

Milliamps Hour is 1/1000th of a Amp Hour, so a 1000mAh = 1.0Ah

Think of a cars gas tank. Voltage is how much gas is being used, and mAh is the size of the gas tank. The bigger the gas tank (mAh) rating the longer the device will run. If your battery is rechargeable, then think of the gas tank as refillable (rechargeable).

Yep, sure I get all of that but we were talking about battery capacity I think. Another way to think about the mha rating is a 500mha battery will give you 500ma for one hour, 1ma for 500 hours or anything in between. In practice this does not really work if you try to draw too much current but still a good way to look at it.

Time for some golf!