Motorbike With No Green Book

scooby101

Hi All,

I am looking at an old chopper that I would like to do up myself (bit of a hobby), the problem is that the bike was registered in Phang Nga near Phuket and this is where the green book is (as the current owner left it there with his friend). I am needing to know if the bike can be given a new green book in Pattaya or would we need for the bike to go back to Phang Nga to sort it out.

Any advise would be great or better hearing from someone who has come done this. If so where, who and how much etc etc lol!!!

Thanks

Scooby101

The green book is gold, don't buy anything without it.

It easy to re-register in another province in you have the green book, without it you are in for trouble and big money. (import tax= $$$, emulsion test of bike in BKK= $$$)

Go and get that book, you'll need it. As you probably know, the DMV/MOT has stopped licensing bikes built from parts, etc. So you'll most likely not be able to get a new one, unless you have all the sale documents, and copy of the book and lots of talking.

OH and before you buy, check if the numbers all matched up. Frame, engine, CC, year, etc. Last thing you want would be going to the DMV and find out that the book was faked.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have a greenbook for my monkey bike, but Cops do care about choppers etc. I would never buy something above 50-100cc w/o a greenbook

There's one of those monkey bikes in the auction place in Pattaya. Been there for weeks. No one seems to want it. Is it because its to small for most foreigners or because its 41 years old? I'd give em 5000 baht for it if it's got any value.

I don't have a greenbook for my monkey bike, but Cops do care about choppers etc. I would never buy something above 50-100cc w/o a greenbook

There's one of those monkey bikes in the auction place in Pattaya. Been there for weeks. No one seems to want it. Is it because its to small for most foreigners or because its 41 years old? I'd give em 5000 baht for it if it's got any value.

you can buy those brand new in fortune for 19,990 (sticker price )

probably he would take less because they seem to have loads of them in stock

A honda Chaly in running condition will cost 8-18k with the original engine, depending on the condition of the bike. The few rare CF-70's that have plates can be as high as mid 30's

Full done up Chalys go for 20-50k depending on what engine swap, wheels, type of paint etc.

A Honda Dax/ CT70 will go for about 10-20% more than a Chaly

Don't know much about the Yamaha Chappy, but it seems in stock for that they are cheaper than the Chaly

The monkey/gorilla bikes that have popped up in the last few years run from 20-50k depending on lots of things

I also just saw a Chinese copy of the Chaly, called a Pocky. I might look into one and strip it down for everything but the frame and vin number and put all my own parts on it and have a legal Chaly.

My new Chaly:

11673d1335687996-thai-transformation-540198_686860928584_55302008_34144090_944044885_n.jpg

Stripped down and mocking up the new 12" wheels and extended seat.

11899d1339427653-thai-transformation-dscn0207.jpg

the Donor, I am taking the 110cc engine and have plans to have it upbored to 150cc

I took the lower forks and disc brake and the handle bars. The upper fork wouldn't work with the new wheels.

The swing arm was identical to the one from the Honda dream that the Chaly had on it already.

Been taking waaaay too long to finish it. but I only have time to work on it 1-2 days a week. Need a metal piece made to support the longer seat, then we can paint it.

DSCN0145.jpg

Sounds like a bit of a pain in the ass, as I'd personally want it all transferred over to my name at the DoLT at the point of sale. Both go with the cash and the bike to the DoLT.

If bike, book and owner are in Phuket.... what's the cheapest apartment down there that will give you a rental contract... and get it all changed over at the DoLT.

Don't automatically believe anybody or any book until it is in your hand with your name on it.

I'd personally spend a few k on getting a rental contract and doing it there and then.

But hang on... the current owner isn't there any more... Hmmmm.

could all be good, or could all be fishy. :D