Thappraya Road-Huge Billboards Removed!

thaidiver

Looks like all those huge ugly Ad Billboards Along Thappraya Road have been removed(ocean side across from Bruno's as your going down the hill into Jomtien before Foodmart). Crossing my fingers that it stays this way and there isn't a megalopolis hotel going up in the huge vacant lot directly behind where the Billboards were. Hopefully this is part of the Mayor's new beautification program.

• Like 1

I was walking past the other evening when the City Hall people were taking them down. About 4 trucks of various types and a dozen or so men, complete with acetylene torches to cut the metal posts.

But why dont they just give the advertisers a huge fine as well? It's not hard to work out who they are as they have their phone numbers all over the billboards. Money is the only thing that property people understand; they certainly have no sense of beauty, and no morals either.

• Like 1

Even that ugly monstrosity of a screen that is a safety hazard at the junction of Thappraya and Thepprasit?

Dont knock it.

Many people in View Talay 1&2 have reduced their bills by 25% since that screen was turned on. They dont need room lighting in the evening at all now.

Even that ugly monstrosity of a screen that is a safety hazard at the junction of Thappraya and Thepprasit?

Dont knock it.

Many people in View Talay 1&2 have reduced their bills by 25% since that screen was turned on. They dont need room lighting in the evening at all now.

You can add that one to the 'should I invest in real estate' thread Darrell.

Can you imagine that thing blinking all nite outside your windows?

Surprised they don't have a bank of gigantic speakers attached.

Actually there's a deafening Thai live music/karaoke place a couple of hundred metres up Thepprasit that does the trick nicely, but not every night.

You can add that one to the 'should I invest in real estate' thread Darrell.

LOL. It reminds me of that great Seinfeld episode where Kramer can't sleep because of the bright red neon chicken roaster sign outside his window. He puts tomato juice in his cereal because to him it looks like milk.

• 4 weeks later...