@simple1

I will report back to you in 1 year time. Don't worry. Everything will be ok.

Not every thai lady is shit.

But quite often the ones that want you to buy them a house, buy them a car and pay their parents and family not to work are.

I may have not say clearly. Many at here has read through my threads and try to link them together. But it's not what as the people think. For the car,I myself want to buy because I have stay with the family for some time. They have motor bikes but it's really not convenient when we need to go far place and taking the bus really take dam_n long.during my stay,I have getting along with their family. I feel comfortable and don't mind with them and i love the kids (her sister kids, nalak mak mak) because my wife want to stay with her family so I thinking how to get a win win situation.she know my concern and she agreed that we will save $ and buy a condo under my own name.as for the business,my wife is planning out to make a family business and it is also our source of income too.none of her family has ever ask money from me in future. As my wife although is a Thai but she can be naive and blur at times.its happen and I see before.that why I hope I can get some good advices from TV friends.i didn't see her different from other girls but so far she is really ok. She has openly told me.she know there are many farang got scam and one true case is her Aunty gotten millions from her farang husband.she told me as long I no butterfly,everything is ok. Maybe people will still have doubts in her.i agree and always keep in my mind constantly.therefore there are times i may need more info or opinion,I can only seek from TV. So thank guys for your advices. Khor kun kup!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@simple1

I will report back to you in 1 year time. Don't worry. Everything will be ok.

Not every thai lady is shit.

But quite often the ones that want you to buy them a house, buy them a car and pay their parents and family not to work are.

I may have not say clearly. Many at here has read through my threads and try to link them together. But it's not what as the people think. For the car,I myself want to buy because I have stay with the family for some time. They have motor bikes but it's really not convenient when we need to go far place and taking the bus really take dam_n long.during my stay,I have getting along with their family. I feel comfortable and don't mind with them and i love the kids (her sister kids, nalak mak mak) because my wife want to stay with her family so I thinking how to get a win win situation.she know my concern and she agreed that we will save $ and buy a condo under my own name.as for the business,my wife is planning out to make a family business and it is also our source of income too in future. none of her family has ever ask money from me. As my wife although is a Thai but she can be naive and blur at times.its happen and I see before.that why I hope I can get some good advices from TV friends.i didn't see her different from other girls but so far she is really ok. She has openly told me.she know there are many farang got scam and one true case is her Aunty gotten millions from her farang husband.she told me as long I no butterfly,everything is ok. Maybe people will still have doubts in her.i agree and always keep in my mind constantly.therefore there are times i may need more info or opinion,I can only seek from TV. So thank guys for your advices. Khor kun kup!

For the car,I myself want to buy because I have stay with the family for some time.

BUT, you were asking about getting the tax rebate on the car, which means it won't be in your name, which means it won't be a car for you, it will be a car for her.

I know several guys daft enough to put a car in the gfs names (OK things are great now), when the gf goes, so does the car.

I also know several guys who set up family business, they never see any of the money, that's even if the business doesn't go belly up in less than a year, which is usually the case.

Don't give them large wedges of cash, don't buy cars in anyones name except your own, don't buy or build a house.

The more you give her, the less she will like you and the shorter your relationship will be. That's just how it works for most of us/them.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

For the car,I myself want to buy because I have stay with the family for some time.

BUT, you were asking about getting the tax rebate on the car, which means it won't be in your name, which means it won't be a car for you, it will be a car for her.

I know several guys daft enough to put a car in the gfs names (OK things are great now), when the gf goes, so does the car.

I also know several guys who set up family business, they never see any of the money, that's even if the business doesn't go belly up in less than a year, which is usually the case.

Don't give them large wedges of cash, don't buy cars in anyones name except your own, don't buy or build a house.

The more you give her, the less she will like you and the shorter your relationship will be. That's just how it works for most of us/them.

I will keep in mind. As for the car, initially browsing through the Honda website, saw this first car scheme 100,000 bt rebate. Thought foreigner can apply it so I posted in tv to confirm about this deal. So now I know it apply to Thai only, well I will still buy under my name without this 100,000 rebate. :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I think you'd be crazy to live anywhere near her family.

Being holed up in a small condo with them would to me be total hell.

Land+house is giving your money away to them, you'll be tolerated as a guest only as long as you kowtow to their wishes, another kind of hell.

**YOU** decide where **you** want to live at least a six hour bus ride away from her family, invite **her** but not her family to come along and live with you in your place.

Strictly financially my opinion is better off renting, not buying.

I agree - my in laws are 400 km away.

Please explain how financially renting is better than renting.

I've rented for the last 17 years and now realize that if we had bought somewhere it could have been paid by now.

If you are planning to stay in the same condo for 17 years then you may be better off buying, but I'm not convinced. But most people move more often. So if you moved even a few times, that's lots of buying and selling costs, including 6% tax each time you buy. After 17 years you may end up with a huge bill to renovate the condo building. Have a look around at 10-20 year old condo builds. Most are in a really bad state.

Renting is also more flexible. You may want to leave the country for a while, move to another area, etc. It's very difficult to sell condos in bangkok, so you may be stuck with a condo you don't want to live in.

If you were talking about UK, I'd say buy, but in Thailand I think the property market doesn't function properly. There isn't any transparency, so you don't know what other properties have sold for. Most condos seem overpriced to me and I have seen people offer 20% discounts and still not be able to sell.

Give us some rough figures to see how you think you would have been better off. And don't forget to add in all the maintenance costs of owning a condo for 17 years.