Mass Cheating Discovered In Enrollment Exams For Police Academy In Si Sa Ket

webfact

Cheating racket

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Police have arrested six people they said were behind a cheating scheme designed for an exam which selected civilian applicants to be enrolled at a police constabulary school in Si Sa Ket.

Each applicant was charged Bt350,000 to be involved.

Police seized from the suspects Bt10,500,000 allegedly received from 30 applicants, together with exam questions, and electric circuits used to signal correct answers attached to bodies of the applicants, and two two-way radios used in transmitting coded answers to them.

A suspect, Tuenjai Phongphan, is a teacher at a high school in Si Sa Ket, while the other suspects were identified as Thanakorn and Sataphorn Wiset, Panyasak Nilphet, Somchai Kaewthong, and Siraphob Thongrabkaew, who sat the exam in place of an applicant.

A total of 150 applicants claim they paid the five suspects to help them pass the test. Many who failed the test were given their money back.

All six suspects have been charged with public fraud while applicants who applied for an exam and took the test at a school in Nakhon Ratchasima, have been released. Police said they had not committed any crime and there were no laws against what they'd done. The six confessed to the crime but did not give out the names of others involved in the scheme.

Leaks of this cheating racket had circulated before the recent exam day, but police detected the wrongdoing by chance. An applicant who showed up late at an exam venue was searched by police who found a signal circuit hidden in his underpants.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-06-12

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"Each applicant was charged Bt350,000 to be involved"

And you wonder why the BiB want tea money off people...I mean you havent even started your new career and you are already 350k in the hole....its a lot of THB 100 tea money contributions to pay this off..

I think the next time the BIB ask for THB 100, going to give it to him and give him an addtional THB 100 tip as part of my civic duty...biggrin.png poor buggers

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 2

All six suspects have been charged with public fraud while applicants who applied for an exam and took the test at a school in Nakhon Ratchasima, have been released. Police said they had not committed any crime and there were no laws against what they'd done.

Maybe no law has been broken by the 'applicants', but I do hope they are all out of a job now. They gained employment by cheating the very system they were joining. Unless the Police make an example another racket will open within 6 months without electrodes in your underpants.

In today's Bangkok Post 95 exam applicants were also identified in Chon Buri. The article went on to say that all exam cheats will be barred from re-applying for Royal Thai Police or any Civil Service job

Here's the thing. Was anyone here surprised?

Would anyone here be surprised that it happens in every police enrollment?

No....no shock to anyone.

Unfortunately the police service of Thailand is organized racketeering with the occasional interuption of normal police work.

Somchai hates it when that happens.

All six suspects have been charged with public fraud while applicants who applied for an exam and took the test at a school in Nakhon Ratchasima, have been released. Police said they had not committed any crime and there were no laws against what they'd done.

Maybe no law has been broken by the 'applicants', but I do hope they are all out of a job now. They gained employment by cheating the very system they were joining. Unless the Police make an example another racket will open within 6 months without electrodes in your underpants.

Be interested to see if the Minister updates the law regulating Royal Thai Police to make exam cheating a criminal act

Nope, not surprised this happens

Just surprised people were arrested for it

Guess they were not paying the right tea money to the right people

Wow paying someone so you can cheat and decieve. This must be the only Police Academy in the world that has the final exam before even getting in. Well done to all those applicants that paid you have passed with high distinction and you will now be appointed to plum high ranking positions. The BIB need more good people like these go getters, people who show initiative, people who know what they want and will do anything to get it.

This is stunning news. I had no idea that there was an exam to insure only the most highly qualified applicants become policemen. I thought you simply paid your million baht to the right person, and bam you are a policeman with full rights to the feeding trough.. D*mn, just when I thought I had things all figured out here , turns out I was wrong. So this really is the mysterious East.......

• Like 1

Some of the questions on the exam:

>>>> When stopping motorcyclists to give tickets for no registration, you should only stop...

A. pretty college girls, and get their phone numbers

B. pretty university girls, and get their phone numbers

C. pretty high school girls, and get their phone numbers

>>>> When assigned to fight crime, you should.....

A. walk one block east of station to issue parking tickets

B. walk one block west of station to issue parking tickets

C. walk one block north of station to issue parking tickets

>>>> When done issuing parking tickets, you should .....

A. play checkers

B. watch TV

C. play games on mobile phone

When Red Shirts riot in Bangkok, and you're assigned to maintain order, you should....

A. laugh at the captain, and continue playing with your mobile phone

B. stand in front of station, and pretend to be doing riot control

C. turn on TV to see what Thaksin tells you to do

<deleted> that is a hard exam,

• Like 1

Not only police departments, also businesses, hospitals, school teachers, and....... I know of a U president who has one of the biggest fanciest house in the province. Do you think he got that via a salary? Also, in the suburbs of this northern Thai city where I reside, you point at any of the thirty hills in the area, and the locals will say, "oh yes, a policeman owns that hill."

Paying big money for promotions in so endemic in Thailand, that all but a few Thais think it's as natural as taking shoes off before entering a house.

• Like 1

Years ago, when I heard about the disastrous results of army actions at Kru Sae and Tak Bai (southern Thai Muslim problems), my first thoughts revolved around the shoddy direction given by Army chiefs. At the time, the #1 boss of the Army was Mr. Thaksin (himself, a police academy graduate). Yet, his generals on the ground should have had better sense than to kill nearly a hundred Muslim men who were either demonstrating peacefully in daylight (Kru Sae) or already in their custody (Tak Bai).

When promotions are based on payments and 'who you know/represent', then those are the type of poor 'on-the-job' decisions to be expected.

• Like 1

The bigger picture though is how many applicants in the past took this route, passed the exam and are now in the police force. A complete farce

And we won't even mention rocket promotions because you marry the right woman.

When only 30 out of the 150 who paid their money passed the test, it does not say too much for the mentality of those takeing the test nor those who were coaching/chargeing them.

When this type of practice takes place in the Police exams, just think what it takes to break into the political scene in this country. Sorry I forgot many are ex policemen.