Selling A House In Chiang Mai

westbounder

BTW,the company that floods the TV classifieds has almost 4 000 listings on their site !!! I didn't count how many in TV,but it is MANY !!!

How many are available. Many of the web pages I have looked at have the listing there with a sold or leased sign through it.

Edited by onthedarkside
question about property should be asked by PM

One of the best ways to sell a house, as someone else has mentioned on a different thread, is get a few nice big signs made, saying 'FOR SALE' in English and Thai, stick on a telephone number!

Did this myself and that is where ALL the enquiries (and the sale) came from, the neighbours gossip and mention it to friends etc and there are a lot of people who drive around moo baans looking for houses.

We did appoint an agent at one stage......one viewing in 6 months!

One of the best ways to sell a house is to advertise it truthfully and at a realistic price.

Just visited a house advertised as 4 bedroom, 2M6.

Actually turned out to be a two bedroom house, with 2 sheds, large 'detached' living room, no kitchen.

Nobody is going to buy a house advertised as 4 beds, when it only has 2 beds.

Anyone who wanted 2 beds wouldn't view it.

The problem also is,that many buyers don't follow-up on their inquires...that may come up from to many listings,mostly expired,or fake....I can understand that,it's like doing the Google search,most people will stop after 2nd page...

Biggest problem is there is way too much inventory on the 2nd hand housing market and made even worse with all the new moobaans being built that offer financing. And the simple fact that Thais would rather buy a new sterile cookie cutter house without ghosts than a house with mature landscaping and my falang spirits.

I've been advertising with flyers, in local tourist magazines and even have a website dedicated to my property for almost a year and the amount of 'lookers' has been 12....mostly Thai falang couples and it's mostly the falang that likes it and the Thai wife doesn't......'yes dear'

It also might have to do with people being hopelessly optimistic in the value of their properties.

Two posters on this very thread being guilty of that.

I can buy a brand new 3 bed house near Mae Rim (on CM side) for 1M8 with views of the mountains and financing or at San Sai I can get a second hand 3 bed house for about 1.1 million.

Or for nearly a million more, buy a smaller place with subsidence in the rear wall and termites in the wood near Four Seasons. Which do I buy ........ hmmmmm ..... hard to decide.

You guys selling property need to get out and do a bit of research on your competition.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

That's exactly the problem with some buyers,that don't even badder to go and take a look at the property they were inquiring and just judge by the price,or distance to the city,or that wife likes things bigger...and new...or just think that they want to buy,but...don't really want...

...I would like to sell our house to advance to something more suitable for our growing family...but this has been working so far,so I'm not in the rush...and certainly will not 'give it away' for 'just because' cause....maybe I just should emphasize on the term... 'serious buyers only,please'...and don't blame it on the price ether,if it says 'negotiable'...wink.png

It also might have to do with people being hopelessly optimistic in the value of their properties.

Two posters on this very thread being guilty of that.

I can buy a brand new 3 bed house near Mae Rim (on CM side) for 1M8 with views of the mountains and financing or at San Sai I can get a second hand 3 bed house for about 1.1 million.

Or for nearly a million more, buy a smaller place with subsidence in the rear wall and termites in the wood near Four Seasons. Which do I buy ........ hmmmmm ..... hard to decide.

You guys selling property need to get out and do a bit of research on your competition.

...why don't you buy than ?!!tongue.png