90 Day Reporting - Comments And Experiences

Tywais

Some of our concerns, to me, indicate that we're not really ready to live happily in a foreign culture. To the degree that we have new ideas for Thais to implement, I suppose that we don't have traction and are spinning our wheels. To the degree that we complain to ourselves or celebrate our own frustration, we're making ourselves unhappy. (No, I'm not a California anything.)

What I try to do is to adapt by finding workable solutions and alternative ways of coping. (Not unlike aging, in my experience; a lot of stuff in life is like a hard rock.)

I figure to follow the directions given in the original Tywais post (with EMS paid for both ways). It's no problem at all, as I have a copier and good luck at my (nearby) official post office. Problem solved, we hope. Worries over. Fretting ended.

Alternatively, I like to go myself to immigration's (sort of) Big House sometimes with everything ready. I take something to read and occasionally jolly up a likely looking woman. To date, I've not been much jollied in return, so that's why I might try the postal solution.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck flirting!

Still, fun to visit the circus! 90-day reports at immigration are really good sport if you have some time (some days are slow!) and the right attitude.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With the ever changing rules, not to mention if they are having a good day or had a fight with their wife on the way out the door to work, I choose Visa's that don't require my visits, Ever to Immigration

Sounds great. How long are you on your overstay on your 90 day's report?

• Like 1

This is not a complaint (I am in "mai pen rai" mode), but an anecdotal record of my experience in CM, as a motivation to be more careful than I . Had not received reply from Immigration, 30 days after mailing. Called; they said to come down there. Problem now was that I had misplaced my EMS receipt, which they were expecting me to produce. Finally, after locating me in their records, were able to tell me mail had been sent back to me. (Do wish I had a private mailbox at my apartment; maybe that would have helped.) Was told that the mail option would no longer be open to me in the future. Othrewise, our interchange was smooth. I had made a mistake, and accepted the consequence.

• Like 1

I guess the mail option is really only workable for those who have reliable and steady mail service at their residence, whether house, condo or apt.

Maybe it was a mistake to mention the mail option for 90 day address reporting here on Thai Visa.

Technically, I was told early on by an Imm official a few yrs ago it was only for those living in the boonies. As in you live out in the CM province somewhere, but not in metro CM.

If everyone starts doing it, and there are enough problems (like purushanti's) that occur...maybe they will just eliminate it, which would be a shame.

I would suggest that you don't attempt using the mail option unless you have perfectly reliable mail delivery at your home address (forgive me for belabouring the point).

• Like 1

I guess the mail option is really only workable for those who have reliable and steady mail service at their residence, whether house, condo or apt.

Maybe it was a mistake to mention the mail option for 90 day address reporting here on Thai Visa.

Technically, I was told early on by an Imm official a few yrs ago it was only for those living in the boonies. As in you live out in the CM province somewhere, but not in metro CM.

If everyone starts doing it, and there are enough problems (like purushanti's) that occur...maybe they will just eliminate it, which would be a shame.

I would suggest that you don't attempt using the mail option unless you have perfectly reliable mail delivery at your home address (forgive me for belabouring the point).

You are forgiven my son.

But it is good you spread my word.

• 2 weeks later...

90 Day in 90 seconds - the old fashioned way

Completely armed with copies, and taking along 2 photos just in case, I appeared at a much crowded Immigration Office, many folks waiting outside, inside full, and went to the right hand counter. My passport and forms were instantly received, immediately processed there, and I was back outside within two minutes.

And this was not the older chap who has always been so pleasant and helpful; mine was businesslike.

What's curious about it is that I entered in a relaxed state, book in my pocket, certain that I had finally learned, from experience and Thailand, that being in a hurry is wasteful of life itself, or its best energies at least.

Completely armed with copies, and taking along 2 photos just in case, I appeared at a much crowded Immigration Office, many folks waiting outside, inside full, and went to the right hand counter. My passport and forms were instantly received, immediately processed there, and I was back outside within two minutes.

And this was not the older chap who has always been so pleasant and helpful; mine was businesslike.

What's curious about it is that I entered in a relaxed state, book in my pocket, certain that I had finally learned, from experience and Thailand, that being in a hurry is wasteful of life itself, or its best energies at least.

Taking photos just in case of what?

Occasionally there's a female UNI student helping out the older man man with checking the passport etc. And with a phone number on the back of the photo, you never know....... rolleyes.gif

Edited by Semper

Alas, no, not photos to uni-apprentices.

I find in many countries that when dealing with authority one cannot have too much documentation, ~ and I may may be coming to suppose that is true here as well? So I took photos simply because I had them and they might have been demanded. Anything for a quiet life.

But my overall point was to suggest, as one single anecdotal (nearly useless) example, that going personally to that office for the 90 day report was for me easier this time than using the postal service alternative - if you dress appropriately, behave with the greatest degree of politeness (subservience, that is, as I always do), and are luckier at that moment than you've ever been (er, with Immigration, that is).

Edited by CMX

Occasionally there's a female UNI student helping out the older man man with checking the passport etc. And with a phone number on the back of the photo, you never know....... rolleyes.gif

Say no more, nudge, nudge, grin, grin, wink wink. thumbsup.gifwink.png

if you dress appropriately, behave with the greatest degree of politeness (subservience, that is, as I always do),

IMO, how one dresses makes little difference with the 90 day report, but I am always careful to wear long trousers when renewing the one year visa. I concur that subservience always helps with government officials.

if you dress appropriately, behave with the greatest degree of politeness (subservience, that is, as I always do),

IMO, how one dresses makes little difference with the 90 day report, but I am always careful to wear long trousers when renewing the one year visa. I concur that subservience always helps with government officials.

Agreed, a person could turn up with speedos on and no-one would notice.

As far as being subservient, just hand over the papers and keep quiet. I never wai them unless they do it to me........you know, show respect for your elders as taught from childhood etc. wink.png

Retirement extensions always run about 15 minutes. Waiting for the receipt another 30 minutes.

Edited by uptheos

Did my first 90 day report yesterday. Had all the necessary copies and form filled out prior. Parked at Airport Plaza. Walked into the crowded room around 1 P.M. Told the the friendly boy manning the ticket machine "90 day report". He gave me my ticket. Sat next to a nice fellow that gave me another ticket that was one ahead of mine. They called my number 2 minutes later. In and out in less than 15 minutes. Painless. :)

I had all my papers in hand, but it was ten to twelve when I walked up to the counter.

The two men working that section ignored me.

I walked over to the guy who hands out numbers and asked if I should take a number for after lunch.

He laughed when he looked over at the vacant counter, and said "put your papers on the counter."

I did. The officer in front of me showed slight embarrassment and took them in hand.

Two minutes.

Out the door.

• 2 weeks later...

Went in for 90 day at 3:20 PM. Full house, as usual, queue machine was shut down. Looked over at the 90 day counter and no one there, so waded through the masses and handed my paperwork to the officer. 2 minutes later was done. It took considerably longer just trying to park the car and to get through the crowds. biggrin.png

Sorry for the newbie question but,

I want to be sure as it is my first 90 day report.

I think I will just walk it in as folks in this thread seem to indicate it is no big deal.

So all I need is the same things mentioned in the mail in requirements?

Photocopy the following documents & is it 1 copy or duplicates of everything?

Passport Copies

1. Passport page with photo
  2. Date of Arrival (Last Entry Stamp)
  3. Permit to Stay Up Until (Last Visa Stamp or Extension)
  4. TM.6 (Arrival/Departure Card)

5. Last receipt of Notification (Original)

6. Completed form TM 47

Lastly is it correct you can go up to 15 days early or 7 days after the expiration

date written on slip they put in my passport during 1 year extension?

Thank You

You have the paper requirements correct. As for time before/after. Not sure but my opinion is 7 days before or 7 days after. no doubt one of our expert visa mods will be along soon and confirm. I myself like to go a couple of days before, at latest the day after (just to be on the safe side biggrin.png )

• Like 1

You have the paper requirements correct. As for time before/after. Not sure but my opinion is 7 days before or 7 days after. no doubt one of our expert visa mods will be along soon and confirm. I myself like to go a couple of days before, at latest the day after (just to be on the safe side biggrin.png )

Thanks will do the same as you & go a few days early

Is it just one copy of each required then?

Thanks

Just returned from CM Immigration where I did my 90-day report. The main change I noticed since the last report was now you have to take a number like you do for other services. No. 5 is the one for 90-day reports.

I arrived at about 12:20 and got my copies made, went inside and took a seat to wait for 1:00 to get the ticket. When I arrived, there were already 5 people waiting at the ticket machine, only one of which was there for a 90-day report. By the time the guy stated handing out the tickets at a couple of minutes past 1:00, there were closer to 35 or 40 people in line. When I got the ticket, I was the second person in the line for Window 2, the 90-day report window. The officer processed the person in front of me in about 3 minutes more or less and it was about the same for me. Was out the door by about 1:10.

Overall, the new take-a-number process seems to be a wash with the old cattle call of 90-day reporting in terms of how long it takes. Now it can take longer to get the ticket but the time at the window seems to be shorter as opposed to no wait to drop off the paperwork in the old days but a longer wait to get it processed and back. Generally no complaints but, as always, take a book.

David

Im confused. Is it window #2 or #5 ?

2 weeks before, one week after.

Window 5

• Like 1

went tuesday to do 90 day report,went straight to counter,but all advantage lost as bar code machine broke so how to go and get the usual stuff photo stats,come back and 3 people at counter,still only about 20 minutes,to finalise must admit the two guys doing the 90 day paperwork are really pleasent and approachable guys.

went tuesday to do 90 day report,went straight to counter,but all advantage lost as bar code machine broke so how to go and get the usual stuff photo stats,come back and 3 people at counter,still only about 20 minutes,to finalise must admit the two guys doing the 90 day paperwork are really pleasent and approachable guys.

Still broken ? I was there 3 weeks ago same story.Well it did sound like a good idea ! I always take a folder of spare photo copies,saves the hassle. They are nice guys doing an incredibly boring job and the paperwork mountain keeps growing

I did my one year visa recently. It was the first time that I had to wait 20-30 minutes past the appointment time, but still a lot better than having to come in hours early and hope for the best.

Yes, the appointment system on-line is a real benefit.thumbsup.gif

Don't you bring a book? biggrin.png

• 2 weeks later...

Bah I wimped out smile.png

Went two times recently to do my 90 day report

& the place was so packed both before & after lunch

I just left. Maybe just bad timing?

The once a year deal with the online appointment system

I will continue to do myself same as the last one.

For 90 day reports I decided to just go with the paid service route.

I just figured for approximately $7.50 each time I rather

just pay the Visa service to go ahead on my behalf. It is worth

$7.50 to me not to have to set foot in there. IMHO

Once a year to the zoo instead of five times?

Sounds good to me.

I know it can be interesting people watching experience etc.

But I can get that in many comfortable places of my choosing smile.png

Maybe next year I will go postal route but there again

How much less than 250 baht + time & worry is it ultimately?

The 1000 baht a year & never have to go to either the visa service office nor

immigration sounded pretty good to me.

You just go into teh Visa service one time to let them make copies of your passport.

Sign four TM47's & done. Took all of 5-10 minutes.

They do the rest & email you your slip

which you print & put in your passport.

I got my first one back later the same day I signed up.

I do not foresee any problems

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

I did my one year visa recently. It was the first time that I had to wait 20-30 minutes past the appointment time, but still a lot better than having to come in hours early and hope for the best.

Yes, the appointment system on-line is a real benefit.thumbsup.gif

Don't you bring a book? biggrin.png

That would be a novel pastime.

• Like 1