90 Day Reporting - Comments And Experiences

Tywais

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. to have the blank 90 day reporting form ready to fill out and print is extremely helpful, thank you.

2. Didn´t mail it, went in person, told the officer, next time would mail it in.

3. No idea, if his comment had ulterior motives but he discouraged it with the argument that too much paper was floating around, risk of loss

My current [on going] experience [nightmare] is that I sent my info by [registered] thai post a week before my stamp was due with self adressed stamped return envelope and received a notice within a week of post saying that I coppied the wrong page of my current visa, so I corrected and re-sent the paperwork....still within the time limit. All this was to avoid the immigration office insanity and it had worked flawlessly before by post.

Anyway, the paper from Immigration didn't arrive within a week and we had to go into the insanity and fight our way thru the crowds and the lady looked in her book and confirmed that they did send the approval and to just wait a while.....it's now 2 weeks since then and still no mail from them so have to return to insanity because 'lost in post'. At this point, I wish that I had made a trip to Maesai.

After using the post for about the last year to send the 90-day reports and having no problems, I finally ran into a problem. The return post usually came back to me in 3 weeks time. It's now about 6 weeks and no return. I sent it registered like I always do and in checking the tracking on the Thailand Post website, I see that it did arrive at C.M. Immigration the following day.

Any ideas on what I should do? Wait some more? Call?sad.png Probably not...that would just stress me out. Go there with the postal papers and deal with all the crowds -- many of which don't bathe and stink!sad.png It's a bummer all the way around I think.

I think the post lost it. That now makes it 18 pcs. of lost post since I arrived 5 years ago.

After using the post for about the last year to send the 90-day reports and having no problems, I finally ran into a problem. The return post usually came back to me in 3 weeks time. It's now about 6 weeks and no return. I sent it registered like I always do and in checking the tracking on the Thailand Post website, I see that it did arrive at C.M. Immigration the following day.

Any ideas on what I should do? Wait some more? Call?sad.png Probably not...that would just stress me out. Go there with the postal papers and deal with all the crowds -- many of which don't bathe and stink!sad.png It's a bummer all the way around I think.

I think the post lost it. That now makes it 18 pcs. of lost post since I arrived 5 years ago.

I'd go up there. Despite doing it for so long you could quite possibly have missed something. Sometimes they return it to let you know and sometimes they don't. If you go and find it hasn't been completed satisfactory due to an error on your part (possible?), then they will put the onus on you and most likely fine you. Anyway, I'd get up there with your mailing receipts etc and not leave it any longer.

My current [on going] experience [nightmare] is that I sent my info by [registered] thai post a week before my stamp was due with self adressed stamped return envelope and received a notice within a week of post saying that I coppied the wrong page of my current visa, so I corrected and re-sent the paperwork....still within the time limit. All this was to avoid the immigration office insanity and it had worked flawlessly before by post.

Anyway, the paper from Immigration didn't arrive within a week and we had to go into the insanity and fight our way thru the crowds and the lady looked in her book and confirmed that they did send the approval and to just wait a while.....it's now 2 weeks since then and still no mail from them so have to return to insanity because 'lost in post'. At this point, I wish that I had made a trip to Maesai.

When I didn't get my return envelope back about 3 weeks after I sent my 90 reporting form in, I called immigration and they confirmed they received it a day or two after I mailed it. It still took 3 weeks or more before I finally got it back when it should have been returned a day or two after receipt.

The attitude on how they handle things over here leaves a lot to be desired. Inefficient, inconsiderate and just plain incompetent accurately describes how things operate and they are not about to change any time soon.

When I didn't get my return envelope back about 3 weeks after I sent my 90 reporting form in, I called immigration and they confirmed they received it a day or two after I mailed it. It still took 3 weeks or more before I finally got it back when it should have been returned a day or two after receipt.

Don't be too hard on them, it's pretty hard work ......first put the slip in the envelope and then walk all the way over to the out tray.

First time using the new barcode. The only problem is that it took about 4 minutes for the lady do process, but 40 minutes to get to the window. Then you have to push your way through all the people (who won't move to let you get to your window) who are standing around right in front of all the windows instead of standing back like the sign ask customers to do. The building is just not big enough to hold the constant stream.

Can remember the days when it took about 5 - 10 minutes next door in the other building. Now we have 50 or 60 laborers from Burma runing around everywhere with no idea what the process or window they are supposed to go to.

All in all, they are trying hard to provide better and faster service. The appointment system for long-term extensions works great if you can make your appointment a long way out.

Edited by Lifer

That same thing happened to me as stated in an earlier post of mine and this is followup on today's events.......no problem, they simply asked me to fill out the forms again and was in and out in less than 15 minutes and they even gave me a few days extra because of the 2 week delay. go for it, but be armed with all the postal receipts etc...

I just moved to Chiang Mai and noticed that I am about 12 days late on my 90 day report.

Do they always issue a 500 baht a day fine in Chiang Mai with a 5,000 baht maximum? Or do they let you go if it is your first time late?

Thank you for all advice!

I was eight days over last year due to my own negligence.

He was correct because he counted it on his fingers AND used a calculator.

I was told "I could fine you but don't do it again"..........

More than one day late (you're allowed 7 days), I have no idea....like many things here it's a lottery.

BTW do they issue a receipt for any fines?

Edited by uptheos

I just moved to Chiang Mai and noticed that I am about 12 days late on my 90 day report.

Do they always issue a 500 baht a day fine in Chiang Mai with a 5,000 baht maximum? Or do they let you go if it is your first time late?

Thank you for all advice!

I was eight days over last year due to my own negligence.

He was correct because he counted it on his fingers AND used a calculator.

I was told "I could fine you but don't do it again"..........

More than one day late (you're allowed 7 days), I have no idea....like many things here it's a lottery.

BTW do they issue a receipt for any fines?

I got one many years ago when they started being serious about the reporting. Got a receipt and a stamp in my passport showing the fine paid.

Just returned from CM Immigration where I did my 90-day report. The main change I noticed since the last report was now you have to take a number like you do for other services. No. 5 is the one for 90-day reports.

I arrived at about 12:20 and got my copies made, went inside and took a seat to wait for 1:00 to get the ticket. When I arrived, there were already 5 people waiting at the ticket machine, only one of which was there for a 90-day report. By the time the guy stated handing out the tickets at a couple of minutes past 1:00, there were closer to 35 or 40 people in line. When I got the ticket, I was the second person in the line for Window 2, the 90-day report window. The officer processed the person in front of me in about 3 minutes more or less and it was about the same for me. Was out the door by about 1:10.

Overall, the new take-a-number process seems to be a wash with the old cattle call of 90-day reporting in terms of how long it takes. Now it can take longer to get the ticket but the time at the window seems to be shorter as opposed to no wait to drop off the paperwork in the old days but a longer wait to get it processed and back. Generally no complaints but, as always, take a book.

David

Do we use the online que system for 90-reporting? Or do we have to take a number? Or can we just walk up to the 90-reporting desk? AND does having a bar code affect anything (other than no need for copies)?

No

Yes

No

No

• Like 1

Do we use the online que system for 90-reporting? Or do we have to take a number? Or can we just walk up to the 90-reporting desk? AND does having a bar code affect anything (other than no need for copies)?

No

Yes

No

No

Dam_n. I wish everyone was as succinct as you.

No

Yes

No

No

Oh...and why can't (or shouldn't) we use the online que system for 90-day reporting? If we have to get a number as you say, then that opens us up to a potentially long visit that using the online que would remedy.

Oh...and why can't (or shouldn't) we use the online que system for 90-day reporting? If we have to get a number as you say, then that opens us up to a potentially long visit that using the online que would remedy.

Here -

and here - page__st__100#entry5109745

• Like 1

No

Yes

No

No

Because the online booking system ( as far as I am aware ) is for extensions of stay . So why block all those people who are waiting for an annual renewal to their visas of whatever type they have opted for.. It is not difficult to obtain a 90 day renewal by post or just turn up for a few minutes as opposed to blocking the online system with the 90 day report request.

Thanks uptheos and jaideeguy. I'll head over there tomorrow with the postal receipts.

That same thing happened to me as stated in an earlier post of mine and this is followup on today's events.......no problem, they simply asked me to fill out the forms again and was in and out in less than 15 minutes and they even gave me a few days extra because of the 2 week delay. go for it, but be armed with all the postal receipts etc...

Went by today. Must have been 120 or more people there. I tried to explain the situation and was told to take a queue card -- about 45 ahead of me and I couldn't handle it. I called and asked the g/f to come and meet me and help me out. When she arrived she was able to get to the guy in charge in less than a minute. He looked in the book and saw that my letter arrived the next day after posting it. He asked "why didn't I send the return registered?" O.K. fair enough, lesson learned. I'll always send the return registered from now on. He did mention to me that for some reason many were lost in the post recently??? So, instead of giving me the duplicate paper or even telling me the next date, he told me to go to the Post Office and ask them to look around for the letter??? He said if I couldn't find it at the P.O. then to come back in 2-3 days. Really I didn't want to argue with him but that seems like a total waste of time! Now I have to go back and deal with it all over again.

Send the returns registered people!

He asked "why didn't I send the return registered?" O.K. fair enough, lesson learned. I'll always send the return registered from now on.

I had my staff do it and it worked, but I think that they just included a self-addressed stamped envelope. What is "returns registered"? After doing it by mail, I never want to waste my time doing a 90 day report at immigration again.

He asked "why didn't I send the return registered?" O.K. fair enough, lesson learned. I'll always send the return registered from now on.

I had my staff do it and it worked, but I think that they just included a self-addressed stamped envelope. What is "returns registered"? After doing it by mail, I never want to waste my time doing a 90 day report at immigration again.

Same thing UG but 20 Baht more expensive stamp and a registered post sticker. That way if you don't get it, you can check the tracking and/or the P.O. will conduct a search and find it for you. If they can't find it, they will pay you 1000 Baht.

This is to post your comments, experiences and questions for the 90 day reporting at CM immigration. The pinned topic, 90 Day Report - Procedures, outlines the requirements.

Note: Off-topic posts will be removed to keep this topic clear.

One thing I noticed, seem tobe a scam by immigration is that they charge late fee if you don't have your recipe from reporting last time even tough they have your record that you reported last time in the computer. Easy money for immigration

Sent from my ST18a using Thaivisa Connect App