Families Of Student Brawl Call For Tougher Measures: Bangkok

webfact

Easy fix to this mess:

1. Any school that is caught fighting, the school is closed down for 2 weeks.

2. Any student from a school that kills or maims another person, the school is fined between 500000 to 1000000 baht per injured person/death.

This would immediately stop this nonsense. The owners of these school encourage this thuggery. The students are but pawns in their own weird game of chess. Hit them in the pocket and they will call it all off.

1. is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Your as bad as the government. Why should an entire schools' population be targeted and punished for the acts of a few. So we have a bunch of thuggish uneducated kids, closing down their only avenue to learning isn't going to solve anything and punishing those kids that actually want something out of their education is not only unfair it is unethical and should be illegal.

I agree hit the directors and the leadership of the school, but to effect the entire school population is just capital D-U-M-B dumb.

How can anyone else not complain about an illogical and irrational response to a real problem?!? C'mon guys do you really think closing the school helps to solve anything? NO, it just puts the kids on the street to continue their mob, thuggish, violent ways.

They should get a "scared straight" field trip to the Bangkok Hilton. Give them 48 hours inside and see if that is the path they want to go down. Or shoot, put them in a chain gang, pink pants and shorts and force them to clean up the sois or something for a month or to. Publicly shame the kids and i bet you get better results than closing the school and ignoring the problem.

I like your idea of putting them in a chain gang, but let take it a step further, why not put them to work in a hospital cleaning up OB wards or child birth, this will give a feeling of shooting some one....

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And gun laws in LOS lead to what? Are there gun laws here, including license laws? I have no idea, but it seems not!

Students in possession of guns? Seems like USA 40 years ago.... Is LOS that far ahead of US 40 years ago? Nope....

So we have to live High Chapparal before anything is done about this, I guess.........? sad.png

-mel.

40 years ago? It's an everyday thing in the US and the NRA spends millions to ensure that every lunatic in the US can own guns, including guns openly called "cop killers." Their response to any outrage in the US is that guns don't kill people, people kill people. No politician has the guts to take on the NRA lobby.

As to senseless violence, is there any better example than European football hooligans? They don't even need guns to cause death and destruction for the fun of it.

Unfortunately one or more whackos with guns or a drunken pack of football "fans" can defeat any amount of laws. A few people who feel no personal benefit in maintaining law & order can cause havoc for the majority.

Actually have you ever seem a gun walk up to you an fire, so the saying is that it not the gun but the person..

I posted in another topic about the idiocy of soccer fans getting in brawls because of their favorite team competing against a rival team .. I guess we know where the lack of mentality comes from ... inbred stupidity. I don't have the ability or intelligence to outperform you so I guess I will just kick you, stab you, shoot you, etc. Inferior people always resort to violence to solve their lack of self esteem and ability, Hitler, bush and the republicans, etc.

Where did this come from "Hitler, bush and the republicans, etc.) I thought this was about gang in tech schools....

Back in the bad old days of the 40's and 50's in the UK offenders were bought before juvenile courts. First offenders were given a good talking to and so were their parents. Even in the poorer neighbourhoods a policeman knocking on the front door and leaving with a young reprobate was considered shameful. Serious offenders were sent to "Borstal' institutions, so named because the first one set up was in the Borstal area of Chatham or Gillingham, I can't remember which. These were manned by ex NCO's who didn't stand for any backchat and a sense of self pride and teamwork was instilled in them. Young lads on reaching the age of 15 were often given the choice by magistrates of a sentence to be served in a 'Borstal' or to join one of the Armed Forces.

As a Boy Seaman under training I messed with several of these miscreants and Service life soon sorted them out. Climbing a 125 foot high mast at 0600 in the morning, learning to drill as a squad and if you were 'awkward' the rest of the class suffered too, going to school and learning - or else, learning boat drills and how to handle a boat under sail, doing courses on land fighting and running over assault courses, and all those not completing it in a specified time, and always the last one back, going round again, lessons on seamanship and gunnery, learning how to do your own laundry and maintaining all your kit in good repair, looking smart and clean at all times, nearly every minute of the day taken up. You learned that there was clean, then spotless and then Navy clean, and that only your best was good enough. If you were not running at the double then you were sitting in a classroom, eating or in bed. Anybody caught stealing was punished by his classmates and beatings handed out before authority took over and inflicted further punishment. I was caught out of bed skylarking one night and my pal and I received 12 strokes of the birch. The whole division got the message. You received only 2/7ths of your weekly pay and the rest banked for you - and you didn't get the bank book until you had finished your year's initial training and were allocated to a ship in the Training Squadron. It was clear the the lads were systematically broken down and then re-assembled into the RN idea of what a man should be.

The earliest that they could return to civilian life was at the age of 25, time served before an 18th birthday didn't count. Many signed on and made the Navy their career, working their way up to Leading Seaman, Petty Officer, and then Chief, some even gaining a commission. It was the making of many who admitted that it was the best thing that ever happened to them. Service life instilled discipline and self discipline and almost certainly reduced juvenile crime. You had mates and you stuck together, sharing everything, and taking a pride in your part of ship. Many on leaving the Service became policemen or joined the Fire Brigade, useful citizens all.

Now the do-gooders have stopped all that and I believe that the earliest one can enlist is 17 1/2 years. Mores the pity but in todays Navy and probably the other Services, making war is too technical and requires brain power rather than sheer muscle power.

Would Thailand bring such a concept into operation thus preventing the youngsters sliding down the slippery slope into crime and drug taking? Would they remove teenagers from uncaring or too busy parents resulting in unacceptable home conditions, and make something of them? I doubt it. It isn't part of the culture to make people responsible is it?

Sounds like a good training for the BIB would sure give Thailand a reputation for justice.