Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Chiang Rai Sky

villagefarang

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VF you are having a lot of fun.

Do you ever stop at one of those little covered shacks for a breather? Or do you just find the shade of a tree somewhere? Are there any fences around those farmed fields?

The above shot is taken at the community pond in Phaya Mengrai. I often stop at the main market to purchase some fried bananas which I savor in a little pavilion like the one visible on the other side of the pond.

On the trail I normally take shelter in the shade of a tree to drink or take a picture. I am not in such a hurry that I find it necessary to drink on the move.

In villages or around some orchards you might find fencing but there is none out in the rice fields. Here is a shot I took just before heading off on the bike. You won’t find any fences out there.smile.png

bigsky%2520%2520003.jpg

• Like 2

I covered 41 km today so I did ride by a fence or a wall or two. There is often a distinct lack of sky in images like the following so I don’t usually post shots like this here. Here is one just for you, zzdocxx, because I like your questions.

village%2520lane%2520%2520001.jpg

Edited by villagefarang
  • Like 2

Love those fried bananas, Oh! and also the pics.

Glad the fog and haze have cleared up.

The wall of grey that engulfed us this morning gave not a hint of what a beautiful day it would be when the sun finally broke through. I was quite pleasantly surprised but did have to make a last minute change of route as I saw it was raining up at the reservoir I had planned to visit. It wasn’t particularly hot today, either.smile.png
  • Like 1

I waited until the grey wall began to lift, in an effort to show something other than a blank page, while still maintaining the mood of the morning. A couple of the hundreds of our visiting swallows dipped into the shot at the last second, and though blurry, I think they add to the overall feeling.

morning%2520%2520001.jpg

• Like 2

I waited until the grey wall began to lift, in an effort to show something other than a blank page, while still maintaining the mood of the morning. A couple of the hundreds of our visiting swallows dipped into the shot at the last second, and though blurry, I think they add to the overall feeling.

morning%2520%2520001.jpg

A huge fog this morning down here in Phayao. Later when the sun came out it was a beautiful day. My wife said it was hot but I found it very pleasant. The mountain range near us was visible but still had a little haze. No photo but will try tomorrow. I love looking at your photos so keep posting VF

• Like 2

Just returned from four days cycling around Chiang Rai, and up to Chiang Saen, and Mae Sae. Beautiful countryside, and great cycling. Quiet back roads, and tracks through the paddy fields. Really enjoyed it.

I was surprised how good the roads were. Took lots of pics on my little Panny. Will try and post some when I get the chance to download them.

Looking forward to seeing the Chiang Saen ones especially

Just returned from four days cycling around Chiang Rai, and up to Chiang Saen, and Mae Sae. Beautiful countryside, and great cycling. Quiet back roads, and tracks through the paddy fields. Really enjoyed it.

I was surprised how good the roads were. Took lots of pics on my little Panny. Will try and post some when I get the chance to download them.

Four days of cycling around Chiang Rai, I’m sure left you with many wonderful memories and pictures. Please post a few. If not something new, perhaps something common but from your own unique perspective would bring a smile to those who follow this thread. Of course pictures are no substitute for getting out and experiencing things for yourself, as you have done, but photos can provide inspiration to others.smile.png
  • Like 1

Hey VF I really like that picture of the lane with the row of trees! ! !

Also kr it looks like that house is situated over the water in your pic, what is that ?

Thanks gentlemen!

clap2.gif

A row of fish stock ponds

oh , the house is a chicken farm - they feed the chooks who crap in the water , the fish eat is and they eat the fish :(