Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Chiang Rai Sky

villagefarang

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You people, living in Chiang Rai, are so lucky to live in such a beautiful part of natures wonderland.

Sorry.........did not realise the last post was coming through.

Edited by kevjohn
  • Like 1

Whoops, missed the chunk of blue chair in the foreground... laugh.png

Edit: What happened was I had the nicely edited version on a photo storage site and when I took the image location it went back to the original shot... have to watch that.

Edited by sceadugenga

Whoops, missed the chunk of blue chair in the foreground... laugh.png

Edit: What happened was I had the nicely edited version on a photo storage site and when I took the image location it went back to the original shot... have to watch that.

Nice shot/view/sunset in any case

No ducks, ponds have ducks.

I beg your pardon, this is a fish pond.tongue.png No noisy ducks.

Speaking of birds, I did see my first two male Pied Harriers of the year, flying low past the pond this morning. I presume they were not looking for ducks, either.laugh.png

Would like to share this film taken in Thailand in January 2012.

youtube.c...ed/UlK9bbtcipw

Take a moment and imagine seeing this Pied Harrier in flight against a Chiang Rai Sky backdrop, similar to post #351

Enjoy

Edited by kevjohn
  • Like 2

The sky shots on street view that went live today are not that great but it covers a huge area and will almost put VF out of business for some shots. Well worth checking out on google maps or google earth.

I checked Google out this morning. I don't see VF or anyone else, being put out of business but, there were some good shots.

Gives me some idea what I'll be driving into, when I visit next year

The sky shots on street view that went live today are not that great but it covers a huge area and will almost put VF out of business for some shots. Well worth checking out on google maps or google earth.

I checked Google out this morning. I don't see VF or anyone else, being put out of business but, there were some good shots.

Yes they left his area off sky view to give him a chance. smile.png

• Like 1

Yes they left his area off sky view to give him a chance. smile.png

That was very nice of them.wink.png I remember seeing their cars, with the camera on top, in our area and wondering how long it would take them to get loaded up on Google Earth. Only noticed them on the main roads, however, so I think my trail shots are still in business for a while.biggrin.png
  • Like 1

The sky is still there but it is looking a bit dull and muted these days with fog that last well into the morning and a haze that lingers for the rest of the day. Here is shot from earlier in the year with a flowering tree against a cloudless sky here in Chiang Rai.

Winter%2520Color%2520%2520012.jpg

• Like 2