90 Day Address Report Mail 15 Days Early - Bangkok

The below is now listed on Immigration website - note that mail reporting is now due to be mailed 15 days early and need for 10 baht stamp on return envelope.

Notification by registered mail

Photocopy of passport pages with following pages

- front page showing name / surname / Passport No., ect.

- current visa

- last entry stamp of immigration

- last extension of visa

Photocopy of departure card TM.6 click to view Example TM.6 card

Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any) click to view Example document

Completely filled in and signed notification form TM.47 click to view Example document (Don't forget to sign name.)

Envelope with 10 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.

The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.

Send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to Immigration office

Notice :

- Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.

- Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt.

- Please keep your receipt of your registered mail in case of lost mail.

- Your document can not be processed if you have passed the 90 days limit. ( You must come to the nearest immigration office or Immigration Division 1 in person to pay fine 2,000 Baht)

- Waiting for reply mail over 1 month, please contact Immigration Office with your registered mail receipt.

Note

The notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days is in no way equivalent to a visa extension.

If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht.

If a foreigner leaves the country and re-enters, the day count starts at 1 in every case.

• 5 months later...

Do you suppose they will now call it a 75 day report?

As reported on the other post, you "lose" days, (9) in my last case:

Posted 2012-12-07 16:19:36

This new "requirement", if indeed it is one, does indeed "lose" you days. My 90 day report was due on 12 December. Based on information provided in this post, I sent it out by EMS to Imm on 26 November - 15 days ahead of schedule plus two days for postage. I received the Receipt of Notification today. It is dated 3 December and it runs to the next reporting on 1 March 2013. So I've "lost" 9 days. The Receipt of Notification makes no mention of the need to send the report 15 days ahead of the renewal date. Next time I think I'll stick to what I've always done previously, and that is send it out at least 7 days ahead of the renewal date.

Otherwise they should change it to an "80 day report".

• 11 months later...

My recent 90 day report, due on 26 November, was sent by mail to Chaengwattana IMM on 5 November, (to allow the 15 day period, plus postage), and received by IMM on 6 November. The receipt was returned to me on 23 November and dated 20 November, so although the processing time is quite long, the report date is quite adjacent to the required deadline (of 26 November). Given the many people massed at Chaengwattana last week for the court rulings, it is a relief to have this mail-in facility.

I'm confused by the ref to "current visa". If our original non-imm visa has long expired (and is, indeed, contained in what is now an old passport as mine is), we surely don't need to include a copy of it, do we?

Edited by OJAS