Double Entry Tourist Visa Not Honored

Issued a 2 entry tourist visa in savannakhet

Date of issue: 1 March 2012

Enter by: 31 May 2012

Entered 3rd March and then left 29 May.

So life is grand and come back through Suvanabhumbi on 12 June and immigration would only issue 30 days stamp. They made a point about the tourist visa being expired on 31 May and not having any re-entry permit.

Is this normally how double entry visas are issued? Is this what was supposed to happen? How was I supposed to make any practical use of that visa given a validity of only 60 days? I expected to be able to use that second entry for 60 days.

You have to do your "two entries" until the 31 May 2012. If you was arrive in Suvarnabhumi at the 31 May 2012, you will get sucessful 60 days, but you come late.. It's normal..

But I agree, it's too short the 3 months validity of the visa for two entries, at my country in France, they issued this visa with 6 months validity not 3.

Stupid me thinking that was for the first entry only.

Are double entries normally issued with only 60 days validity, or is this a Savannakhet thing?

Each entry give you 60 days. The validity of the visa are of 3 months. It's not mean you've the right to stay 3 months, but you can do the two entries in the period of 3 Months since the visa are issued.

Are double entries normally issued with only 60 days validity, or is this a Savannakhet thing?

Each entry give you 60 days. The validity of the visa are of 3 months. It's not mean you've the right to stay 3 months, but you can do the two entries in the period of 3 Months since the visa are issued.

In holland you get 6 month to use your double entry

Yes, I say already it before, 6 months are given in most of European/Western countries, but Laos, and I don't know which one countries given only 3 months, for the double entry. But finally I think have big mistaken, they must give 6 months! they will loose nothing to give 6 months validity.

So strange

Yes, I say already it before, 6 months are given in most of European/Western countries, but Laos, and I don't know which one countries given only 3 months, for the double entry. But finally I think have big mistaken, they must give 6 months! they will loose nothing to give 6 months validity.

So strange

You're looking a gift horse in the mouth. Just being able to get a double entry tourist visa in Vientiane is a huge bonus and if you do it right you can 6 months out of that anyway.

Exactly. Why do you keep saying the visa had a 60-day validity, when it was good for 90-days? During that time, you could have made 2 entries of 60 days each. Sounds to me like you extended the first entry for 30-days and then miscalculated your return date and are now trying to blame immigration for enforcing the law.

So strange

Actually they will lose the extra money they get from clueless guys like you who now have to go get another tourist visa from them.