Poll: Do You Fear Posting Because Many Posts Are Hostile?

PaullyW

Do you fear posting because many posts are hostile?  

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always think of it being at an informal dinner party....everyone will have varying opinions which is healthy.

We also have a variation of time zones on TV, some people will be drinking when others are having coffee therefore sometimes it becomes heated.

Do you think it is healthy when someone uses a thread to promote an idiotic philosophy. TVF attracts a small contingent that see enemas as a cureall. I'm serious. There was a thread the other day on the pharma companies in Thailand. Ok, people will have different perceptions. I can understand that. However, I just have no patience when a dingbat gets going with one of these "alternative" therapies, claiming that cancer is not a disease and that the way of dealing with it is by taking all sorts of untested and unproven "supplements" and following a regime of coffee enemas. I don't even understand why anyone would be proud of promoting shoving a solution of coffee in one's bowel. Do these people raise the issue when they are at the local bar? What do they say, to people? Oh wow, I'm feeling marvelous, I just pumped a liter of coffee up my bum. Wouldn't most people run away from someone like that?

I can see you've been holding that one in for some time.......betcha feel better now you've got that off your chest.

I feel better for you. clap2.gif

More appropriate had you said out of my bowels.

BTW, would you like to come over for a coffee enema? tongue.png

• Like 1

I always think of it being at an informal dinner party....everyone will have varying opinions which is healthy.

We also have a variation of time zones on TV, some people will be drinking when others are having coffee therefore sometimes it becomes heated.

Do you think it is healthy when someone uses a thread to promote an idiotic philosophy. TVF attracts a small contingent that see enemas as a cureall. I'm serious. There was a thread the other day on the pharma companies in Thailand. Ok, people will have different perceptions. I can understand that. However, I just have no patience when a dingbat gets going with one of these "alternative" therapies, claiming that cancer is not a disease and that the way of dealing with it is by taking all sorts of untested and unproven "supplements" and following a regime of coffee enemas. I don't even understand why anyone would be proud of promoting shoving a solution of coffee in one's bowel. Do these people raise the issue when they are at the local bar? What do they say, to people? Oh wow, I'm feeling marvelous, I just pumped a liter of coffee up my bum. Wouldn't most people run away from someone like that?

I can see you've been holding that one in for some time.......betcha feel better now you've got that off your chest.

Agreed...but but I didn't want that thought in my mind.

Will "pass" on the coffee enema, thanks all the same but if you offered espresso coffee with a dash of Baileys, I'll be right over. thumbsup.gif

Yes please, make mine a crappuccino.

• Like 2

Gents, please realize that this thread is DEAD, not of track (which can be very entertaining), But right now I have the feeling, that some of you guys are straining your small brains, to be "funny" at any price. Sorry to tell you it is not working, which is a shame, because many of you have a great sense of humor and have given me many good chuckles over your posts here. So please give your keyboards all welldeserved rest and recharge your batteries.wai.gif

Gents, please realize that this thread is DEAD, not of track (which can be very entertaining), But right now I have the feeling, that some of you guys are straining your small brains, to be "funny" at any price. Sorry to tell you it is not working, which is a shame, because many of you have a great sense of humor and have given me many good chuckles over your posts here. So please give your keyboards all welldeserved rest and recharge your batteries.wai.gif

Yup it is all downhill and into personal insults and the usual ensuing grief....pretty normal for a bashing thread after 14 pages.

I'm surprised it has lasted this long.

• Like 1

How can you be 'general' with feet that big ??

I also have a big nose, a big clitoris, huge hands but small breast and tiny eyes.

I thought I give you some alternative choices to renew your hilarious comments

Have you ever thought about an operation Ani...hope you don't mind if I call you Ani

You know plastic surgery is all the go here...generally it is for girls to get a bigger nose...or bigger anything.....but I am sure they could look at some reverse procedures in your case to reduce and tuck everything away.

• Like 1

I also have a big nose, a big clitoris, huge hands but small breast and tiny eyes.

Have you ever thought about an operation Ani...hope you don't mind if I call you Ani

You know plastic surgery is all the go here...generally it is for girls to get a bigger nose...or bigger anything.....but I am sure they could look at some reverse procedures in your case to reduce and tuck everything away.

I did but they messed it up

Now I need face & body transplant

Maybe you're somebody else.

Maybe you're having an out-of-body experience that's going horribly wrong; a bit like when you pop out of the pub to take a phone call from your mother, and when you come back in the staff have clerared away your beer...

SC

• Like 2

@ samsiam

@aneliane

@ samsiam

@aneliane

@StreetCowboy

Maybe you're having an out-of-body experience that's going horribly wrong; a bit like when you pop out of the pub to take a phone call from your mother, and when you come back in the staff have clerared away your beer...

SC ... I'm hearing you ... I hate it when they do that.

Happened twice in one night.

Actually, if I did get a call from my ole' Mum ... that would be a surprise because she 'went up' many a year ago.

But I just went off for a slash and I come back and ...

Well, you know the rest of the story.

The second time, I was chatting to a very nice Lassie, athletic build but I didn’t take the conversation further because she had a voice not dissimilar to Darren Lockyer's (something about an accidient or surgery gone wrong ... I'd had a lot to drink and the old memory is not what it should be), but in the low lighting ... I have to say, I was tempted.

On returning to my seat ... WHAMMO ... beer gone again!

Some people ...

Edited by David48

What are you transplanting where ??

What are you transplanting where ??

Any willing donors out there?

Perhaps she could breathe new life into tutsi's malfunctioning engine?

As soon as this was mentioned (body part alteration, not poor ole' tutsi) ... all I could visualise was that movie starring John Travolta and a favourite of mine, Nicolas Cage called 'Face Off'.

I do not fear getting hostile replies for I launch preemptive strikes of aggrivated posts so I do not have to worry about where these hostile responses are coming from.

Edited by maxme

...so now we have TV members offering to donate their limbs to other members...

...how can anyone accuse the Thai Visa forum of being hostile?...

Imagine if one had a fear of train crashes, and one worried about what one posted, for fear that it might derail a topic?

That one might be shunting the discussion into a little-used goods yard, with weeds growing up through the sleepers for lack of interest in your chosen sport, or that one might be propelling a quiet little industrial steam engine onto the main line into the way of an express of political bile, as you may recall happened to Percy at one time, through a combination of procedural error and short-comings of the antiquated signalling system.

Anyway, I'm glad that we have got off the topic of Aneline's cosmetic or deeper surgery, as I was beginning to feel a bit squeamish.

And to answer the question: No, the hostility of posters does not deter me, though the fear of moderation does; remember - abstinence is better than moderation

SC

• Like 1

I fear, but overcome it somehow and post anyway. crying.gif

To be brave means to go on

When your heart is faint.

So you can only be truely brave

When you really ain't.

I can just imagine the 600, riding off into the Russian guns, thinking

"I'm not entirely sure about this..."

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

Or maybe they are just responding to some of the crap written on TV, and without slang old chap a language would never develop....further I believe you are getting insults and sarcasm mixed up..There are a lot of sarcastic/dry sense of humour posters on TV

Great sarcasm, biting wit is a great British tradition al la Oscar Wilde and simlilar...in the modern day this tradition has been carried on by the likes of Jezze Clarkson....

Yeah right

Sorry the British gay bashing brigade we have here? Making reference to Oscar Wilde? cheesy.gif

What gay bashing brigade... Please direct me to any content....whether Oscar Wilde was gay or not has absolutely no relevance to his literary output and his biting wit...

Brit wit can be a beautiful thing. And Oscar Wilde is the bad mutha-f*cka of all Brit wit. He is an interesting example to use in this particular thread though. I don't know the story rote, but if memory serves from the uni classes a few moons ago, he did die penniless and depressed - having been convicted of being Gay, then jailed and exiled from Victorian England and treated as a social pariah afterwards. OK that's a gross simplification, but is the general gist.

Not to endorse speech control. I don't, and don't believe Wilde would either. But people can be frail things and have weak points, much as we may delude ourselves. OTOH, you do need to be thick-skinned to get through life intact, and speech controls are hardly the answer to <deleted>. And there's a little asshol_e in all of us.

So what's the point?

I forgot.

• Like 1

SC

it's more an out-of this world experience I'm having when I read comments here