Poll: Do You Fear Posting Because Many Posts Are Hostile?

PaullyW

Do you fear posting because many posts are hostile?  

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am not afraid to post, but often don't see the point. I often want to post something helpful to the community, but it seems most people only sit around on their PCs waiting to flame every poster (such as when I tried to simply warn everyone about my mugging on Sukhumvit in 2010). Ironically, I would guess most who "know it all" do not even live in Thailand.

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using Thaivisa Connect App

Still worried about posts from 2010 ? Really ? cheesy.gif

How would you feel if me and OSTEN and JUDAS and ANELIANE and the other three or four reasonable posters ganged up on you every time you posted something?

If that what they refer to as a gangbang, than I`d welcome it.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With respect, I think the Brits have gotten a hold of this thread, so I must say I can no longer really keep up with all the peculiarities of British English. I'm not so sure even if we're still talking about the same thing. Seems like sports or something. At any rate, I need to get up early to deal with an ant problem that I have, so I am going to bed.

It has been great chatting with you all tonight. There was noticeably less negativity than I anticipated, so I'm feeling quite good about it.

Good night

Thank you for starting such an interesting thread.

I hope you will post (and bat) without fear in future.

Good night

With respect, I think the Brits have gotten a hold of this thread, so I must say I can no longer really keep up with all the peculiarities of British English. I'm not so sure even if we're still talking about the same thing. Seems like sports or something. At any rate, I need to get up early to deal with an ant problem that I have, so I am going to bed.

It has been great chatting with you all tonight. There was noticeably less negativity than I anticipated, so I'm feeling quite good about it.

Good night

Thank you for starting such an interesting thread.

I hope you will post (and bat) without fear in future.

Good night

You scared PaullyW away by talking about cricket!!!!!! blink.png

Time for a new thread......Canada needs cricket biggrin.png

@paully

Your consistent tone reminds me of my dad telling me to chew with my mouth closed and stuff.

There is no TONE, same as no kind of voice or facial expression only an odd emoticon to post what you could be feeling or expressing.

It's just A pc screen or phone with a keyboard to tap away at and write what you do.

By the way your dad was correct IMO but I bet you rebelled eh, some kind of anti authoratarian I presume.:rolleyes:

I could say your tone reminds me of constant whining but I wont.:blink:

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

I am not afraid to post, but often don't see the point. I often want to post something helpful to the community, but it seems most people only sit around on their PCs waiting to flame every poster (such as when I tried to simply warn everyone about my mugging on Sukhumvit in 2010). Ironically, I would guess most who "know it all" do not even live in Thailand.

How would you feel if me and OSTEN and JUDAS and ANELIANE and the other three or four reasonable posters ganged up on you every time you posted something?

I just want to clarify that you understand the meaning of the word "reasonable"??. blink.png

Yes, this made me smile as well.

For Mr.RealDeal...

I suggest re-reading my post...don't recall seeing where I wrote I was worried about anything...just explaining why i rarely post...and you help make my point, thanks. :P

Edited by osten

@osten.

Osten ref your last post to Mr real deal above this post, note the ? marks in his previous reply to you, the ? marks suggest he is asking a question and not making a statement that you are worried. Do you understand now.?.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by MB1

Definitely I auto censure myself for fear of being jumped at

Dear aneliane ... I believe it's been a long time since you were jumped ... whistling.gif

... some here are not so caustic with their replies.

But you do elicit replies to most of your posts and attract a fair share of attention.

But don't 'autocensure' ... be bold and proud ... thumbsup.gif

I liked your previous Avatar better ... was it a salamander?

As long as you make reasonable, articulate and non-offensive posts, you really have nothing to fear.

If you make good posts and someone posts a silly response, they only make a fool of themselves.

Of course, certain posters consistently post such nonsense that I wish they were fearful about posting.

I'm in agreement. As an aside, as I was scrolling down the page and reached you're post I was convinced you were going to mention cricket smile.png

The ignore poster option is always there for you if you feel the need.

We have missed you on the cricket thread.

Are you scared of posting?

+1

I have never noticed JT to shy away from any reasonable discussion, time constraints allowing I would guess.

Dear aneliane ... I believe it's been a long time since you were jumped ... whistling.gif

But you do elicit replies to most of your posts and attract a fair share of attention.

Personal attacks to my sexual life now?

Even for you that's the lowest of the lowest

So you know when was the last time I was "jumped"?

I have no idea how you had this information but please do share and tell me when was the last time "I was jumped"

No

Fear

Here.

(Perhaps grow a pair? coffee1.gif )

What does this mean, to grow a pair? Sorry.

it is actually a misspelling, what was meant was grow a 'pear'.

Though this strategy might prove ineffective as foreign fruit sellers can apparently cause offense too.

I understand how you feel, but thats the internet in general and it happens and you move on , you are just as guilty you know , in your frist post you basicly called everyone here rude and uneducated in not so many words , and if thats how you feel you should say so in my opinion , but you can't really do that and then complain when someone else does the same thing.

I would just take it for what it is , a bunch of people who are fairly well set in the opinions and voice them strongly on occation , I would say that serves everyone better then a lovefest of pandering and slightly dishonest coddling opinions or advice.

But it does stick with you more than perhaps it should , for example all I remember about your first post was that you called people uneducated and rude , I don't remember what the post was even about anymore.

I know what you mean, but I didn't call EVERYONE here anything. And, you know that. I did make a statement suggesting that one might find a seemingly higher percentage of certain kinds of foreigners in Thailand which is something discussed and agreed with frequently by all kinds of people.

Anyway, the boards seem to breed negativity.

Self justifying bullshit

I have no idea how you had this information but please do share and tell me when was the last time "I was jumped"

Humm ... not too sure what you mean?

I know nothing of your sex life.

In English there is an expression of 'Jumped down your throat' ... which implies a an over enthusiastic reply to an innocent comment.

Hence when I said ' ... some here are not so caustic with their replies.'

Here is the reference for you ... jump down somebody's throat

I hope that 'clears the air' ... thumbsup.gif

Humm ... not too sure what you mean?

I know nothing of your sex life.

In English there is an expression of 'Jumped down your throat' ... which implies a an over enthusiastic reply to an innocent comment.

Hence when I said ' ... some here are not so caustic with their replies.'

Here is the reference for you ... jump down somebody's throat

I hope that 'clears the air' ... thumbsup.gif

cheesy.gif

From the aggression....I'd say quite a while.

I don't have a problem with the bitter negative posters. They have to have been stupid to have become bitter. thumbsup.gif

What I have a problem with are the know it all morons who know nothing. I especially dislike the Farang political experts who find fault with everything and see fit to think all Thais are stupid.

• Like 2

Do you think I don't understand the difference between "to be jumped" and "to jump down" ?

I'm not your wife you know.

Could you please refrain your distasteful comments, thanks

jump

to have sex (or make out with, or anything along those lines) with someone. It is usually said more in the figurative sense, rather than literal.

Edited by aneliane

Do you think I don't understand the difference between "to be jumped" and "to jump down" ?

jump

to have sex (or make out with, or anything along those lines) with someone. It is usually said more in the figurative sense, rather than literal.

His wife probably likes to be jumped......and does not get all surly with it like some

Now we have got to the point AGAIN, where the thread has turned into a private chatroom for the usual suspects.whistling.gif

I don't like it more than you do

But if I don't answer abuse will stay and carry on and on

aneliane. Reading your posts on this and other threads, you certainly don't come across as someone who's concerned/fearful about posting their opinion. I think you hold your own quite well and, can give as good as you take. Just an observation.

• Like 1

jump

His wife probably likes to be jumped......and does not get all surly with it like some

Yeah and that's why I don't date losers who treat their partner like so.

It's the result of anonymity. If people don't know who you really are, it's easy to act like an azzhole and bully others.

I'm sure there's a lot of lying that goes on here, as well. I laugh when I see people posting about the huge and successful business they have in Thailand, employing a large number of Thais, yet I'm sure it's BS because the same people seem to spend all their time here at TVF. I've never known a successful business person who has a lot of time to twitter away on a forum.

Now we have got to the point AGAIN, where the thread has turned into a private chatroom for the usual suspects.whistling.gif

I don't like it more than you do

But if I don't answer abuse will stay and carry on and on

aneliane. Reading your posts on this and other threads, you certainly don't come across as someone who's concerned/fearful about posting their opinion. I think you hold your own quite well and, can give as good as you take. Just an observation.

I can individually, but not when you have people ganging up like 12 people going for kill.

The violence is unbelievable.

aneliane ... please stop this ... you are embarrassing me.

Plus you are confusing your English expressions.

You don't 'jump' your wife ... you jump your car. Which is short for 'jump start'.

You know .. when you have run your battery to exhaustion.

The sexual innuendo that you refer to is probably 'jump your bones'

But please, I agree, lets stop this 'jumping' because I am not getting paid for my English lessons and it's not helping the OP any ... smile.png