Samsung Has Dropped Some Phone Prices

I'm seeing Galaxy Notes now for 20,000 baht, even at a Samsung store, representing a 13% price drop from the previous 22,900. Some other phones in their lineup have dropped as well; I noted a Galaxy Y had dropped 300 baht (was previously 4790 baht.)

Shit at any price is still shit.

Sort of like your posts. rolleyes.gif

It looks like the MSRP on the SGS2 is now 17,500 (box shop: 15,500, grey market: 13,700). The Note's MSRP is now 20,000 (box shop: 18,600, grey market: 16,500). Note that grey market prices fluctuate daily.

Presumably this is to move any product remaining in the channel as the SGS3 is now generally available. The Note 2 is not due for another ~ 4 months but 22,900 may be the wrong positioning vis a vis the SGS3, so the need to get below that new model's MSRP of 21,900?

Edited by lomatopo

Shit at any price is still shit. Goodluck.

Samsung seems to be highly regarded, and making industry-leading products in many areas, including phones and tablets.

You probably just didn't understand how to operate the Samsung product you're upset about.

Shit at any price is still shit. Goodluck.

Quite a lot of people are buying their "shit"!!!

43 million galaxy series units sold in the first quarter.

Followed by Apple's iphone with 35 million units.

Together them two hold 55% of the smartphone marketshare.

Most other players are losing out, both HTC and RIM (blackberry) sales down by over 20% compared to last quarter.

They say you can't fool all the people all the time, but if their product is so bad as you always post, samsung apparently is pretty close to disproving that saying :lol:

Todays email from Tohome.com show 18,900 baht price.

1_1_SamSung_Galaxy_Note.jpg.png Samsung Galaxy Note (GT-N7000) (Dtac/True)

หน้าจอขนาดใหญ่ 5.3” + ดีไซน์เพรียวบาง น้ำหนักเบา ลดการเลื่อนและเปลี่ยนหน้าจอ

ด้วยการใช้จอแสดงผล 5.3” คุณจะได้สัมผัสกับประสบการณ์การรับชมอย่างไร้ขีดจำกัด

ราคา : 22,900 18,900 บาท

ประหยัดขึ้น : 4,000 บาท (18%)

Todays email from Tohome.com show 18,900 baht price.

1_1_SamSung_Galaxy_Note.jpg.png Samsung Galaxy Note (GT-N7000) (Dtac/True)

หน้าจอขนาดใหญ่ 5.3” + ดีไซน์เพรียวบาง น้ำหนักเบา ลดการเลื่อนและเปลี่ยนหน้าจอ

ด้วยการใช้จอแสดงผล 5.3” คุณจะได้สัมผัสกับประสบการณ์การรับชมอย่างไร้ขีดจำกัด

ราคา : 22,900 18,900 บาท

ประหยัดขึ้น : 4,000 บาท (18%)

those are only 14-15k in MBK thesedays

i almost bought one instead of the galaxy nexus a couple of weeks ago

but they are a little large for a "pocket phone"

Today I saw the Galaxy Tab 7.7 price has been dropped 2,000 baht; now 17,900.

Also saw a new Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 for the first time. Priced at 15,900 baht . . . 3,000 below the original 10.1, which remains at 18,900.

Waiting to see the specs and price on the Galaxy Note 10.1. It was briefly posted on Amazon for pre-order last week, then taken down. Interesting times now about the tablet screen resolution race, with the iPad 3 and the Microsoft "Service" tablet (how could they not have seen that obvious nickname coming?). There was speculation the Galaxy Note 10.1 was having specs re-tweaked. Maybe a higher-res screen? 1280 x 800 suddenly sounds on the small side.

Who would buy a "note", their own advert say's it all, not a phone and note a tab, or something like that. your going to buy one or the other IMHO. Sales must be bad

If Samsung are to believed then selling over 5 million notes world wide and they are still selling, then sales seem pretty good to me.

On the point is it a phone or a tab I don't use it as a phone I just use it as a MINI tab.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by MB1

Who would buy a "note", their own advert say's it all, not a phone and note a tab, or something like that. your going to buy one or the other IMHO. Sales must be bad

You probably misunderstood the meaning of their advert. If I was buying something now, I would buy a Note, but I had already owned a S2 when the Note came out. I wouldn't mind even larger screen on a phone and I don't want to carry a tab with me. I have a fully functional Laptop for those needs.

If Samsung are to believed then selling over 5 million notes world wide and they are still selling, then sales seem pretty good to me.

On the point is it a phone or a tab I don't use it as a phone I just use it as a MINI tab.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

My sense, based on some comments early on during the launch and the current TD sales figures, is that the Note has turned out to be much more successful than even Samsung predicted.

Their positioning of the the Note between a phone and a tablet makes perfect sense to me - I don't own one - as it does to millions of others I suspect. Better than calling it a "phablet" anyway. ;)

I have a Note. It's small enough to be carried as a normal phone but the screen is large enough to enable comfortable internet use and video watching. It performs the role of a phone and a tablet in one machine and is pretty much the perfect size for me.

Phone such as the iphone are way too small to effectively use as anything other than a phone and a full blown tablet is way too big to carry around all the time.

It all depends on the individual and their needs. For me, I like having a device that can do everything well wherever I am.

Have you ever noticed when products in the mobile world are first launched they seem to be at a price premiun and come down a little in price over time, in the case of the note I suspect that one of the reasons it's coming down in price is the launch of the Galaxy S3.

Not sure if it's been oficially launched in Thailand yet but it's doing rather well in the Uk and many other places.

I was going to buy an S3 as well but am more than happy with the note and have no need to carry a laptop or tablet around anymore.

The Mini tab/Note IMO will keep selling around the world for some time to come yet to people like me who want a lot more than a phone when paying a large enough price for it.

Don't know the sales figures for the S3 but one article I read was that over 9 million of them were pre ordered before lauch date.

Edited by MB1