Gprs In City Of Surat Thani And Koh Samui

lesw

Hello,

I'm due to come to LOS in February and will spend a little time with the family just outside the city of Surat Thani and then on to Koh Samui. Although a few hotels have high speed access (for a hefty price) I was thinking about using GPRS just for emails.

Does anyone know the state of GPRS in and around the city of Surat Thani or on the island of Koh Samui? Plus if GPRS is available which netwrok is the most reliable AIS or DTAC in these two areas?

I had also looked at the alternatives of EDGE or 3G but from reading other posts it seems I would be unlucky outside of Bangkok to get anything other than basic GPRS.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks to all

Hello,

I'm due to come to LOS in February and will spend a little time with the family just outside the city of Surat Thani and then on to Koh Samui. Although a few hotels have high speed access (for a hefty price) I was thinking about using GPRS just for emails.

Does anyone know the state of GPRS in and around the city of Surat Thani or on the island of Koh Samui? Plus if GPRS is available which netwrok is the most reliable AIS or DTAC in these two areas?

I had also looked at the alternatives of EDGE or 3G but from reading other posts it seems I would be unlucky outside of Bangkok to get anything other than basic GPRS.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks to all

Not sure about Surat or Samui but I got full signal with AIS on Koh Phagnan...

Hello,

Hope someone can help.

Thanks to all

I have used GPRS from DTAC in Both places only 3 months ago. It works well. Basically if your Mobile works then so will your GPRS, but no EDGE just basic GPRS.

sm