Sai Kaew Beach At The Military Base In Sattahip

falang07

Must be lucky - I've been refused entry. On some of the military bases in Sattahip they have signs in Thai saying no entry for foreigners. Not exactly surprising- as a civilian try getting entry to a military base in your home country

• Like 1

Must be lucky - I've been refused entry. On some of the military bases in Sattahip they have signs in Thai saying no entry for foreigners. Not exactly surprising- as a civilian try getting entry to a military base in your home country

Excellent point. Back in the US, you'd never get on most bases.

I've never been, but heard it's a very nice beach.

I always show my Thai driving license when going to this beach and always get to same Answer "Farang pay ฿80"...

I might be wrong but I heard somewhere that Sai Kaew Beach is only open to the general public on weekdays and weekends and Thai holidays are for military personal and families only .

Yes it is, I have been their a few times in the past, but seems they have tightened up the security arrangement. There is another beach next to the Royal Thai Navy base. Entry is manned by military police and you can still get entry as a foreigner, same price as Thai's, 20 baht. it's about a 40 minute drive from Pattaya.

I always show my Thai driving license when going to this beach and always get to same Answer "Farang pay ฿80"...

I might be wrong but I heard somewhere that Sai Kaew Beach is only open to the general public on weekdays and weekends and Thai holidays are for military personal and families only .

Thanks for the tip

True, but then again, does the US military own the most pristine and attractive beaches?

True, but then again, does the US military own the most pristine and attractive beaches?

Yes, they actually do. I've been to many including one right on Waikiki Beach. A good part of the beach between San Diego and Orange Country is owned by the Marines. I've camped on it many times. Absolutely beautiful, pristine...until they have live ammo practice! They are all up and down both coasts. Military only.

They even have hotels for military only in a variety of big cities. Cheap prices....http://www.marineclub.com/

They have most of Point Loma also as well as Coronado, in California. Stunning. This one is nice also:

http://www.mccscp.com/dmbr-the-resort

http://www.mccscp.com/sites/default/files/pdf/recreation/beaches/san-onofre-beach-brochure.pdf

I'm a military brat...From golf courses to ski slopes, they've got it all.

I went to this beach last Sunday, and have to say it was lovely compared to Pattaya Beach and Jomtien, the water was so clean and blue.

My Thai partner had to give his ID and pick it up on the way out, the arrangement was similar to how it use to be on Ko Larn, have to park your vehicle then get a bus over the hill to the beach.

There were plenty of people there including Farangs. There is no shop, just a restaurant, so we bought our drinks before we went in. It was lovely, clean toilets & showers.

No problem to go there week days or week end, farangs just do not understand what is told to them, as always.

Of course, stupid me, my Thai wife doesn't understand Thai, she misunderstood the direction given that farang not allowed. Same at three military beaches in Sattahip on the same day, excepting the one next to the naval base. May be because some military exercises being held on that day, but Thai's were allowed through

Edited by simple1
  • Like 2

So this is not the usual one (you can drive all the way yourself)? GPS coordinates any1?

Entrance: 12.745223°, 100.897005° (Leave ID and pick up pass)

Pay fee here: 12.752162°, 100.850731°

Beach here: 12.742775°, 100.841258°

Never been refused entry.

I always have been refused entry at other entrances.

I've never been on weekends. I'm told on weekends you can't park at the beach, only at the entrance. They have shuttle buses to take you to the beach.

During military exercises, they told us at the entrance warning us of the excess noise from the exercises.

• Like 1

So this is not the usual one (you can drive all the way yourself)? GPS coordinates any1?

Entrance: 12.745223°, 100.897005° (Leave ID and pick up pass)

Pay fee here: 12.752162°, 100.850731°

Beach here: 12.742775°, 100.841258°

Never been refused entry.

I always have been refused entry at other entrances.

I've never been on weekends. I'm told on weekends you can't park at the beach, only at the entrance. They have shuttle buses to take you to the beach.

During military exercises, they told us at the entrance warning us of the excess noise from the exercises.

Thanks for that man, will have a go next week. Last time we must have gone to one of the other beaches as they polity told us to fxxx off, he-he.

No problem to go there week days or week end, farangs just do not understand what is told to them, as always.

My comprehension is excellent and I had no trouble understanding "sorry mister no entry" from the guy with a gun when I went there the other week. Perhaps it was a special day.

• Like 1

I went to this beach last Sunday, and have to say it was lovely compared to Pattaya Beach and Jomtien, the water was so clean and blue.

My Thai partner had to give his ID and pick it up on the way out, the arrangement was similar to how it use to be on Ko Larn, have to park your vehicle then get a bus over the hill to the beach.

There were plenty of people there including Farangs. There is no shop, just a restaurant, so we bought our drinks before we went in. It was lovely, clean toilets & showers.

A very nice beach and no hint of racism,as one poster said lol lol

I have been to this beach once - as far as clean beaches go it was OK'ish for the Eastern Seaboard of Thailand.

Sadly the day I was there, so was a selection of people that I "guess" came from a former soviet block regime. They did not arrive by road but 3 boats took them in from Bali Hai Pier as part of a day trip tour ?

The men in budgie smugglers and the overweight females in skimpy thongs..... they had an agenda to stick to so around 4 pm they got back in the boats and headed up the coast.

As mentioned already, even the UK has many areas of pristine coastline that is reserved for military access only. Nice beaches etc and no access to civilians at all. But dont go to Gruinard....unless you want Anthrax.....

Sadly the day I was there, so was a selection of people that I "guess" came from a former soviet block regimes. They did not arrive by road but 3 boats took them in from Bali Hai Pier as part of a day trip tour ?

The men in budgie smugglers and the overweight females in skimpy thongs..... they had an agenda to stick to so around 4 pm they got back in the boats and headed up the coast.

One time a friend of mine was having lunch on a blanket under a tree. He told me one of those overweight females from a former Soviet block regime stripped naked in front of him and placed her wet bathing suit on a branch above him with the water dripping on his food. sick.gif

Edited by BB1950

I think there are many of these beaches with various levels of access, it would be helpful if someone would mark them on a google map and post here

Here you go.

Sai Kaew Beach Map

About half way between the Entrance and where you pay there will be a guard who will want to see your pass.

Thanks a lot, very useful.

My home country stops everybody not just foriegners, that would not be acceptable thankfully.

My personal experience at Sai Kaew was that, after leaving my driver's license on first entry, I was allowed to drive all the way to the beach on weekdays, but on weekends (and perhaps holidays?) you are required to park when you first reach the coast (where there is a stadium and other military facilities) and take a songtaew over to the beach. This songtaew, if I recall correctly, was 20 baht per person for Thais, 60 baht for 'foreigners,' return trip included.

I've done this a few times over the years. I would not be at all surprised if on occasion things change and they have special days when foreigners are not allowed at all.

There are other military beaches around, one of which I recall being refused entry to even though I had a Thai license and work permit.

There is one beach nearer to Bang Chang that charges 20 baht per car, again if I recall correctly.

Edited by Jimmyd

TBH when I go to the beach I go all the way to slightly past Ban Phe, pristine beaches and water with nice restaurants, it's exactly 100km from Pattaya Klang straight down Highway 36 and a pleasant day out, prohibitively expensive to do every day

Thanks all for the input, so it is 80 THB for farangs and 30 THB for Thais, regardless if you are a resident or a tourist. Yes, it is rasistic, I hope they will impose same rules for Thais living in Europe and USA.

• Like 1

Thanks all for the input, so it is 80 THB for farangs and 30 THB for Thais, regardless if you are a resident or a tourist. Yes, it is rasistic, I hope they will impose same rules for Thais living in Europe and USA.

It's not racist. Same happens all over the world. Probably in your home country also. I know in Las Vegas, they have specials for locals only. You have to show a drivers license proving you live in Las Vegas. If you do, free entry and discounts on drinks. Wifey had a NY DL and they wouldn't give her the discounts. Happens everywhere.

It's not racist. Same happens all over the world. Probably in your home country also. I know in Las Vegas, they have specials for locals only. You have to show a drivers license proving you live in Las Vegas. If you do, free entry and discounts on drinks. Wifey had a NY DL and they wouldn't give her the discounts. Happens everywhere.

Yeah, but i have a local 5 year driving licence, have a local address, have a work permit, married to local Thai with half Thai kids, would understand if it was a tourist!

• Like 1