Using Internet Sourced House Plans.

Hi all,

Within the next few month I am hoping to start a small bungalow project with my wife on her families land. I have found a suitable (almost) set of plans on the internet - Thanks Crossy for pointing me in the right direction!, The plans however need to be "mirrored" to suit our requirements. So, my question is what sort of latitude (if any) will be allowed by the land office? Apart from the mirrored footprint, I wish to use aluminium window frames and simplify the roof from the quite complicated but ornate Thai style.

I have produced a set of rendered floor plans showing all the outside elevations which includes the simplified roof and alternate windows, so, am I wasting my time with what I have?

I would greatly appreciate any views or advice on the matter. I am on a reasonably tight budget, so I don't really want to have a new set of plans drawn to accommodate what (I) consider to be reasonably minor changes.

Thanking you in advance.

PM

Our land office (BKK outskirts) were only interested in the general form of the house. Actually the building permit (and later the blue book) were so far adrift from the truth it was scary. Look at post 218.

Since you are starting with pre-approved plans just mirror the main views and get Wifey to explain what you want to do. I don't think there will be a serious issue.

Thanks Crossy,

I have been following your build for quite a time, I am just waiting for the film to come out! I have rather got the feeling that there should not be too many problems, but it is good to get another view from a fellow expat.

Thanks.

PM