Bangkok Policeman And Accomplice Held For Extortion

webfact

2 held for extortion

The Nation

30184509-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A Bangkok policeman and an accomplice have been arrested for allegedly extorting Bt8,000 from a Thai-Indian man, police announced at a news conference early yesterday.

Police Snr Sgt-Major Wattana Changsab, from Pracha Cheun precinct, and Arthit Asunee Na Ayutthaya were nabbed along with Bt8,000 they allegedly got from Sirikan Divali, 45, along with a loaded pistol and a police motorcycle.

Sirikan, after collecting debts from others, was allegedly robbed by the duo at Soi Lat Phrao 106 and clubbed on his helmeted head. As a 191 police patrol passed by, Sirikan hit Arthit's face, before the duo fled. Sirikan chased the pair until their motorbike rammed into a stall and police arrested them.

Sirikan said Wattana had taken some Bt30,000 in cash from him in front of Big C at Lat Phrao mall last year, so he filed a complaint at Chokechai police station.

The duo confessed to committing robberies at various places, each time targeting Indians, who they assumed would not file a police complaint. They claimed they needed money to pay football-betting debts, police said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-06-20

"Police Snr Sgt-Major Wattana Changsab, from Pracha Cheun precinct, and Arthit Asunee Na Ayutthaya were nabbed along with Bt8,000 they allegedly got from Sirikan Divali, 45, along with a loaded pistol and a police motorcycle."

I simply can't envision a policeman having a gun and ridding a police motorcycle.

Amazing Thailand.

Is it not possible to take out the second part of the report that has nothing to do with the headline?

here is a headline 'Thai policeman in extortion shocker' haha

I don't even think your headline does it justice. How about,

'Thai policeman involved in violent robberies'

Pair target indians in crime spree

One transfer to an inactive post coming right up, or maybe he's not high enough up the greasy pole

• Like 1

Am I reading this right ? They carried out this robbery from the back of a police motorcycle !!!

Does this mean that the next time I see a blue flashing light in my rear view mirror it might not be the police racing to the scene of a robbery but instead could in fact be them racing from the scene of a robbery....do I still have to give way if this is the case ? huh.png

How about arresting all the police that extort money everyday from the taxi drivers, truck drivers, and Mahidol University students in the tree's next to the passover on hwy 308 in front of Sukhumtip Village everyday? After all, it is highway robbery...isn't itcoffee1.gif Just disgusting

• Like 2

I am so shocked to read about Royal Thai Police being involved in ANYTHING wrong, Their franchise for pocket money I never believed, and now this. Someone has got it in for them for sure out of plain jealousy. Ha Ha

I am shocked deeply, by the thought that outside of LoS, readers can find that the Royal Thai Police could have had, among it's ranks, extortionists. What next? A BiB being found to have murdered someone? This, people, is completely wrong. I mean we all hold the BiB up to our children and give them a goal in life.. Whatever will we do now.. I suppose next, some politicians son, who happens to be a police officer - maybe a Sergeant, will be found to have killed someone in a bar because the victim pointed his foot at him.

Ahhhh Thailand. Where is the minister of culture standing on this?

I am shocked deeply, by the thought that outside of LoS, readers can find that the Royal Thai Police could have had, among it's ranks, extortionists. What next? A BiB being found to have murdered someone? This, people, is completely wrong. I mean we all hold the BiB up to our children and give them a goal in life.. Whatever will we do now.. I suppose next, some politicians son, who happens to be a police officer - maybe a Sergeant, will be found to have killed someone in a bar because the victim pointed his foot at him.

My friend, these things happened already about "politicians son doing bad things" .... -- are you surprised ?

" Clubbed on his helmetted head ". LOL

What kind of writing style is this?

In the 20 years staying in Thailand, i have NEVER seen an Indian (or similar nationality...) wearing a helmet on the motorbike. Always have been wondering WHY. And i also have NEVER seen police fine them for that.... whistling.gif

• Like 1

" Clubbed on his helmetted head ". LOL

What kind of writing style is this?

In the 20 years staying in Thailand, i have NEVER seen an Indian (or similar nationality...) wearing a helmet on the motorbike. Always have been wondering WHY. And i also have NEVER seen police fine them for that.... whistling.gif

very good observation which is remarkably true... Indians do not need to wear a helmet...

What about muslims with burka?

My friend, these things happened already about "politicians son doing bad things" .... -- are you surprised ?

This politician was also policeman and now police-basher... Wait until he will get in action! Even Chuwit with his sledge hammer will not stop him!blink.png

Replacing some tabloid computers with bra's... cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Replacing some tabloid computers with bra's... cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

That really is a good one !!! clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

• Like 1

Sirikan said Wattana had taken some Bt30,000 in cash from him in front of Big C at Lat Phrao mall last year, so he filed a complaint at Chokechai police station.

Better late than never, I guess. :rolleyes:

Is it not possible to take out the second part of the report that has nothing to do with the headline?

here is a headline 'Thai policeman in extortion shocker' haha

Armed robbery with assault, fleeing the scene of a crime etc etc. only in Thailand, he will get at least transfered to a inactive post for a month.