Any Way To Connect Tvs Wirelessly?

trajan

I have two True Visions boxes (and two GMMZ boxes)...one downstairs and one upstairs...

however, without subscribing to even more boxes (which is very expensive), I would ideally like to connect the TV in my Study Room to the TV in my master bedroom (which is hooked up to a True Visions (and GMMZ) box) without the need to install cables or wires ..

is there anyway to connect the TV in my Study Room to the TV boxes in my master bedroom upstairs on a wireless basis?

You want a wireless transmitter/reciever.

Something like this

2.4Ghz Wireless AV Sender & IR Repeater

Designed for transmitting video and audio to a second television within the house. For example a VCR or DVD could be transmitted from your main viewing area to a bedroom or games room. In addition the IR repeater enables the VCR or DVD remote control to be used in the second room

http://performanceshop.com.au/2-4Ghz-Wireless-AV-Sender-IR-Repeater-Altronics_2848.html

Should be able to find something in any of the large electrical malls, if not have a sniff round Ebay. should not cost much at all.

Edited by Spoonman

Having used many wireless transmitters (of the type that encode over 2.4 GHZ) they have all been junk if you care about picture quality.

I would strongly suggest putting in IP broadcast, along the lines of slingbox running over either wifi or powerline network adapters.. Far better image quality.

Lastly you dont actually have to pay true for more boxes each time.. For years I used to run 3 smartwi wifi card adapter, which split one true subscription card within your own home..

Does that setup still work, since True tied their cards to the box?

Working on mine.. To be honest I havent kept up to date and had no idea they had paired smartcards with STB hardware.

You can buy true package card and not use their equipment so have no idea how they could tie it to a box if your not taking their box.

• 2 weeks later...
Having used many wireless transmitters (of the type that encode over 2.4 GHZ) they have all been junk if you care about picture quality.

I would strongly suggest putting in IP broadcast, along the lines of slingbox running over either wifi or powerline network adapters.. Far better image quality.

Lastly you dont actually have to pay true for more boxes each time.. For years I used to run 3 smartwi wifi card adapter, which split one true subscription card within your own home..

Where did u purchase such a thing. That plus any more info would be appreciated!

thanks to Spoonman's idea...I purchased a Wireless HD AV kit (5GHz) at one of the shops at Fortunetown IT mall (Subway Station Rama 9).. it looks like this

http://www.win-star.com/eshop/goods.php?id=136

it sends what I have on in my masterbedroom TV (with True visions box) upstairs to my TV in the study on the same floor (wirelessly)...the signal is pretty good (especially on the HD channel 121 on True) ....that saves me from having to get a another expensive True visions box....

dont ask which shop, because I dont think I could find it again if I tried, but if you ask around for an "Wireless AV sender-receiver" in shops that have routers (and/or media players like Apple TV, eGreat, Dune, Popcorn, etc boxes)...... they know what you are talking about.....if not you are in the wrong shop...