Emaux Ssc Series Chlorinator

edh

I have a saltwater pool system installed. Have the Emaux salt water chlorinator installed and I am wondering if someone knows what the reading on the cell should be when the water is "good"?

My pool care taker says that the higher the output 85-100 is good. I my self thought that if the value was lower it meant that there was sufficient amount of chlorine in the water or have I got it all wrong? Is it measuring the salt maybe? If the salt level in the water is low the output of the cell is also low?

Any info on this is appreciated.

Brgds

Edhpost-8199-0-58237900-1340221957.png

The system definitely cannot detect the amount of chlorine in a pool.

Most likely the indicator is based on the current through the cell.

The current depends on the setting of the chlorinator, and the amount of salt in the pool.

If the indicator is too low when the chlorinator is set high, you will likely need to add salt.

You really should need a Tds meter to check the salt level in the pool and not rely on what your chlorinator indicates...

P.s. A low indication can also mean your cell is dirty...

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Thaivisa Connect App

Thanks for your reply Monty.

So if I understand you correctly a low current through the cell, mean that salt level is low.

Where do I obtain a Tds meter? Any pool shop? I'm in Pattaya area.

I have the orisnary chlorine and Ph tester already and the results are satisfying. Ph 7.2 and chlorine 2.5.

Am I measuring free chlorine or total??

Thanks

Edh

Thanks for your reply Monty.

So if I understand you correctly a low current through the cell, mean that salt level is low.

Where do I obtain a Tds meter? Any pool shop? I'm in Pattaya area.

I have the orisnary chlorine and Ph tester already and the results are satisfying. Ph 7.2 and chlorine 2.5.

Am I measuring free chlorine or total??

Thanks

Edh

It should be showing a green indicator & readout between 85 & 100. If lower than that the indicator should turn red meaning the pool needs more salt. Low salt levels generally lead to overheating & a shorter life for the cell.

Phil from P&n poolshop stocks the electronic ones.

Not very cheap, but good investment!

I keep salt at over 5000ppm, cause of the tropics with all that lovely uv attacking the chlorine!

Don't forget stabilizer as well ( cyanuric acid) . Keeps the chlorine from being broken down from the uv...

Google for p&n poolshop pattaya for Phil's contact details...

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Thaivisa Connect App