When Entire Threads Disappear?

David48

When entire threads disappear?

Hi guys ... I must be experiencing a technical difficultly.

An entire thread from this morning has disappeared.

Not started by myself but by one of the members here ... it was the tread about the Australian woman stabbed overnight in Phuket.

It's now in the News Forum here. No problems with that as the standard practise ... conversion from a private entry into a News Item when the timing is right as happened here.

From a technical angle, not only is the thread gone but also the posts from my posting history has also disappeared.

It’s disappointing for me personally as it was a fellow country woman killed and a personal comment lost now.

But my later posts from this morning are visible.

Has there been a technical glitch this morning?

The Topic in question was a cut and paste from a news source that does not allow us to use their content. As such it was removed.

Forum Rules.

31) Bangkok Post do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post publications will be deleted from the forum. Please note that this is a decision by the Bangkok Post, not by Thaivisa.com and any complaints or other issues concerning this rule should be directed to them. Quotes from and links to Phuketwan are also not allowed and will also be removed. In special cases forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources.

The Story is here.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/564207-australian-stabbed-in-heart-in-thai-bag-snatch-tragedy/

LB ... thanks for replying ... I didn't know that.

We were posting at the same time.

I was writing ...

Sadly now, those words of grief and condolences are now lost (in the lost Thread) and the attention in the new posting in the General Section has turned to problems in Phuket and not to victim, her Family and Friends.

But you have answered my question and so this doesn’t turn the wrong way, please lock the subject and my answer has been supplied.