Where Are The Best Hamburgers In Bkk?

profidamus

All of you on here complaining about not being able to find what you want in a burger, I can understand. A lot of you also said someone should open up a good burger place. So people are always looking for good biz ideas in BKK so why dont one of you open a burger place and do it how you see fit. Apparently you would have lots of customers according to this thread.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few words on those burgers outside of nana plaza. I am concerned about cleanliness issues among others. the preparer is taking money, making change and preparing burgers. I used to work a lot of retail and know how filthy money is. after a short time of collecting cash, one's hand turns dark with dirt. also I dont like how the uncooked burgers sit out in the bangkok heat for hours. burgers are meant to be pulled from refridgeration and then cooked. I've eaten these burgers and they just dont taste clean. needless to say,

I dont eat them anymore

Yah but they are sooo goooood!!! thats why god gave us an immune system

I am looking for a big fat, juicy hamburger, with onions and pickles, mustard and ketchup, a slice of sharp cheddar cheese, and a toasted bun.

:o:D:D

No thanks. Each to their own though.

Are you as hungry as I am?

No!

Must be a Yank thing!!!

yeah...just like oatmeal and haggis are scots things...

Don't forget the deep fried marsbars

I love A+W root beer, and I tried burgers at both the Pantip and Silom outlets. Both places served burgers with meat that tasted "old" - fortunately, I didn't get sick from either encounter. Forewarned is forearmed, and four-armed is half an octopus.

bb

all that eulogising about what is essentially a pressed minced beef sandwich.The main reason it is minced is because it enables the seller to dispose of the old tough meat ,fat and gristle.

Thank you ronw, for that post.

Now I understand more.

I've been testing burgers around town for several years.

Big hotels, little restaurants, some bars.

The taste and quality of many seem to be moving in the same direction -- declining.

Not like a real burger, but "pressed, minced, beef".

Looks like a burger ... until the first bite.

Just last night, I went to sample a burger at Bourbon Street, in Washington Square near Suk 22.

The last one I had there, about a year ago, was not good.

A couple of years ago Bourbon Street made quite a decent burger.

Moist, juicy, somewhat rough shape -- not machine made, that's for sure.

And it had that peppery flavor that Bourbon Street adds to all their home-made dishes.

I don't much care for that flavor, but it was assurance that the burger was home-made at Bourbon Street.

But somewhere around a year or so ago, Bourbon Street changed to the same "pressed minced beef" that I've found at Larry's, and at Woodstock, and at many other places.

Sure, I'll go back to Bourbon Street, but I won't be ordering any more burgers there.

I still haven't sampled a burger at The Bull's Head in Suk 33/2, but it certainly is on my list.

you somehow have missed my point.....pressed, minced beef refers to ALL burgers.....whereever they are "made"....it is .....repeat..... a way of selling fat, skin, gristle,emulsified bone,and offal.

ie...unloading the rubbish onto the public....why throw it away when you can sell it?

If you are happy eating stuff like that.....good luck to you.....you poor misguided waste disposal unit!

No, simply because Thailand and China have a tradition of culinary excellence

Oh Really? Must be all that MSG and the excessive use of sugar and salt then.... lets not forget all the organic food that is available everywhere in Asia as well... :o

whereas a burger or fried breakfast are the epitemy of all that is bad in UK/US food.

And why exactly is that? Nothing wrong about a burger or fried breakfast that uses and is prepared with quality ingredients.

I'm probably a little biased towards good nutritious food.

Deep fried and BBQ food is widely consumed in Asia. Fried foods are almost exclusivly cooked in palm oil which is very high in saturated fats(not good) rather than sunflower or olive oil.

With lots of factory farming and the high use of pesticides in Asia it is as difficult to find "good nutritious food" as it is anywhere else.

Your comments sound like culinary racism or at best culinary snobism. Asia good. US/UK bad.

Not racism or snobism of any kind.

If you'd have taken the time to read back to my original post, you would have seen that I mentioned Thailand and France as examples (since when has France been in Asia?)

It was the person that replied to my post that introduced China. I'm happy eating good food anywhere.

I'll make it really, really simple for you;

1) When overseas (no matter what country I'm in) I delight in sampling the local cuisine.

2) Rice or noodles, served with fresh vegetables and meat is, on the whole ( there are occassional exceptions to every rule ) more nutritious/healthy than a burger and chips or a fry up!

Chok Deee my friend and bon appetit. :D

you somehow have missed my point.....pressed, minced beef refers to ALL burgers.....whereever they are "made"....it is .....repeat..... a way of selling fat, skin, gristle,emulsified bone,and offal.

ie...unloading the rubbish onto the public....why throw it away when you can sell it?

If you are happy eating stuff like that.....good luck to you.....you poor misguided waste disposal unit!

Wrong. Some burgers are made of pressed, minced, ACTUAL beef, sometimes lean. That is the difference between a processed patty and a pressed minced beef burger. You can hardly call fat, skin, gristle, bone and offal, 'beef' can you. Some will try but that's marketing. The customer knows. And you will too if you try both.

This is where people like you are mistaken - thinking that a burger is a burger is a burger.

Pressed, minced beef DOES NOT refer to all burgers. Get it right.

Wrong. Some burgers are made of pressed, minced, ACTUAL beef, sometimes lean. That is the difference between a processed patty and a pressed minced beef burger. You can hardly call fat, skin, gristle, bone and offal, 'beef' can you. Some will try but that's marketing. The customer knows. And you will too if you try both.

This is where people like you are mistaken - thinking that a burger is a burger is a burger.

Pressed, minced beef DOES NOT refer to all burgers. Get it right.

for someone who is allowed to leave home, you appear to be very naive,and trusting....

I repeat...ALL burgers are pressed, minced beef....granted that the quality may vary slightly....but it is still a way of SELLING the normally unusable parts,.. because the unsuspecting customer cannot see what comprises the burger....the world is not flat or round...it is crooked...

Hey, I love McD's, Mickey D's, McDougals, Dougals, the "arches", whatever you want to call it. I'm sure I've had 1000+ 1/4 Pounders Cheese or "QP"'s . But McDonald's, BK, Wendy's, JB "Jack in the Box", Carl's Jr., even In N Out, are different from a real heavy duty bar burger or home made burger. At home I eat them (fast food burgers) like popcorn, unfortunately. When I get a real burger jones, I need to go to a greasy spoon or bar for the full wallop.

BTW anybody had the breakfast burger at Carls Jr.? Basically a bacon cheese burger with eggs and homefries on a bun! Due in LAX on Wed. for a month in Cali, I'll try to hit all the places for ya.

I ain't fat, I'm big-boned! :o

Spread that 1000 QP's over say 33 years (I'm 39), but that doesn't include all the Chicken McNuggets (whatever THEY'RE made of), Big Macs, Double Cheeseburgers, Filet of Fish, fries, etc. Man, I'm probably responsible for at least a franchise or two! Scary! I'm still gonna get a QP when I go home next week, can't get them here. I'm also gonna go apesh*t on the Mexican food in LA/SF, get some real pizza, steak, the usual suspects.

Edited by calibanjr.

No doubt that LA isn't the number one pizza spot in the states. I'm from Boston and have lived all over (and lived in Chicago for two years) and unfortunately have to admit that NYC has the best pizza, hands down. That being said, there's decent enough pizza in LA to be considered "real" if you've been living in LOS long enough.

Edited by calibanjr.

Hey, I love McD's, Mickey D's, McDougals, Dougals, the "arches", whatever you want to call it. I'm sure I've had 1000+ 1/4 Pounders Cheese or "QP"'s .

WOW, you must be pretty fat! :o

dear me.....it really is about time that you learned to use the English language correctly....

PRETTY and FAT.. are mutually exclusive terms....at least to the western mind!

What many folks dont understand when they put down "real pizza" or "real burgers" or even "real Mexican food" in LA or San Francisco or for that matter most big cities in the US is that it is so diverse that indeed some of the best food of any kind can be found in neighborhoods around most big cities in the US......................because we are all mutts in the US. All of our families came from other countries so genuine food of any kind can be found in the US.IF you know where to look!!

I will await the flack about mutts from the boring amongst us........

• 1 month later...
There's a place on Soi Rangnam called Teesud Isaan Inter which was apparently proclaimed "the best burger in Bangkok" by The Post, I believe. I've had the burgers there -- not bad, but I'm a little spoiled by having lived in Los Angeles for 20 years and eating at places like The Apple Pan and In-n-Out Burger. The flavor is good, they give you ketchup, mustard, onion, pickle, and a toasted bun, but the size is a bit on the small side and it's New Zealand beef, not the same quality as American stuff, with a few bits of gristle mixed in so that occasionally you'll bite into what feels like a pebble.... yechh.

The other decent burger I've had is from a cart at the entrance to Nana Plaza - they fire up the griddle at 9PM - of course I only go there for the burgers... :o

Have gone four times toTee Suud Isarn on Soi Rang Nam, it sucks except for breakfast, twice the burger was raw, totally uncooked, the Philly cheese was uncheable but breakfast was pretty good.

The American gut, and I am American, is a jerk and does yell and cuss a lot, at least at his wife

all that eulogising about what is essentially a pressed minced beef sandwich.The main reason it is minced is because it enables the seller to dispose of the old tough meat ,fat and gristle.

Thank you ronw, for that post.

Now I understand more.

I've been testing burgers around town for several years.

Big hotels, little restaurants, some bars.

The taste and quality of many seem to be moving in the same direction -- declining.

Not like a real burger, but "pressed, minced, beef".

Looks like a burger ... until the first bite.

Just last night, I went to sample a burger at Bourbon Street, in Washington Square near Suk 22.

The last one I had there, about a year ago, was not good.

A couple of years ago Bourbon Street made quite a decent burger.

Moist, juicy, somewhat rough shape -- not machine made, that's for sure.

And it had that peppery flavor that Bourbon Street adds to all their home-made dishes.

I don't much care for that flavor, but it was assurance that the burger was home-made at Bourbon Street.

But somewhere around a year or so ago, Bourbon Street changed to the same "pressed minced beef" that I've found at Larry's, and at Woodstock, and at many other places.

Sure, I'll go back to Bourbon Street, but I won't be ordering any more burgers there.

I still haven't sampled a burger at The Bull's Head in Suk 33/2, but it certainly is on my list.

Anybody tried Roadhouse yet?

Corner of Suriwong and Rama 4.

Went for the ribs tonight but will be back to try the burger.

I have not heard anything good about the roadhouse yet. always things like the portions are to small which is bad for an american joint. and the food is expensive and the ribs are tough. I wont be going there.

I shall reiterate one of my previous posts.....

Burgers are sold mainly to enable the seller to get rid of fat, gristle,skin and emulsified bone......thou knowest not what thou eatest!

CAVEAT EMPTOR!!

Burgers are sold because people like to eat them. :o