Thai Police Hunt For Portuguese Men In Phi-Phi Island Hotel Death Case

webfact

In my experience living here I have found farangs can be more dangerous than Thais. many Russian, Chinese and European Mafias are in Thailand to exploit tourists.

Indeed. I ran in to some very dangerous people when I was in Phuket 2 weeks ago. Pakistanis and Russian and Italian mobsters. I won't go into details but much more dangerous than anything I have ever experienced with Thai people over the last 22 years.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously food poisoning? No I stronlgy disagree, but will agree it is a serial poisoner, or is commonly done.

I still think visine in the drinks could easily do this and explains all the facts- it is deadly and easy to do.

to carry on the vein of thought from the just now closed " food poisoning" thread - I buprofen is what all young women carry for cramps and menstruation explains the blood smears.

The man, believed to be a foreigner

I also have a lot of doubts about the ibuprofen or exstacy or any other drug GHB etc. yes you can die from overdose but generally it doesn't make your gums bleed and nails blacken etc. They seem much more like they have been intentionally poisoned with insecticide concentrate or rat poison. It is like their systems were overwhelmed with toxins which is unusual for a OD. OD is more like black out, convulsion, asphyxiation etc, respiratory and brain problems, unlike the extreme toxic reaction symptoms these girls had. Also the long time they spent in the room being sick which suggest massive toxic-overload rather than drug OD which typically would knock them straight out. Obviously now we know it was foreigners involved in the deaths and obviously it was food poisoning, but I would suggest there might be a local serial-killer on the island who has been poisoning for a long time. I'm surprised this possibilty was never raised by the police.

I had the experience of a farang who drugged a friend of mine and he would of died if i didn't check on him. Here is the story.

Back in 1992 I was living at Cowboy Guest house in Chiang Mai for 3 month stay. I met a journalist named Richard who was also doing a long stay and I showed him around North Thailand as I could speak Thai and new many nice villages. . . etc.

........to get into his room. He was laying their lifeless and would not respond to my trying to wake him up. Next to his bed was a heroin kit with needles, spoon, heroin and everying to make it look like a drug overdose. I ran downstairs and flagged a Songteaw. 3 of us carried Richard to the Songteaw and rushed him to McCormick hospital. Richard did survive but only barely. His laptop, money, passport and anything of value from his room was stolen.

Be careful,

Randy

... are you sure his "LAPTOP" got stolen . . . . how come, a LAPTOP in 1992 ????????

( just saw there was already another post asking the same. Sorry for me doubling it.)

Edited by crazygreg44

In my experience living here I have found farangs can be more dangerous than Thais. many Russian, Chinese and European Mafias are in Thailand to exploit tourists.

Indeed. I ran in to some very dangerous people when I was in Phuket 2 weeks ago. Pakistanis and Russian and Italian mobsters. I won't go into details but much more dangerous than anything I have ever experienced with Thai people over the last 22 years.

Oh please go into details. It's really unfair to be a tease like that!

So the mobsters were dangerous were they? Who'd have guessed that!? Were the working girls slutty and the people who drank alcohol getting drunk too?

You must be quite the adventurer.

After living in Phuket for almost two years I haven't managed to do what you did in 2 weeks.

What the heck were you doing?

I am very curious about the details.

I had the experience of a farang who drugged a friend of mine and he would of died if i didn't check on him. Here is the story.

Back in 1992 I was living at Cowboy Guest house in Chiang Mai for 3 month stay. I met a journalist named Richard who was also doing a long stay and I showed him around North Thailand as I could speak Thai and new many nice villages. . . etc.

........to get into his room. He was laying their lifeless and would not respond to my trying to wake him up. Next to his bed was a heroin kit with needles, spoon, heroin and everying to make it look like a drug overdose. I ran downstairs and flagged a Songteaw. 3 of us carried Richard to the Songteaw and rushed him to McCormick hospital. Richard did survive but only barely. His laptop, money, passport and anything of value from his room was stolen.

Be careful,

Randy

... are you sure his "LAPTOP" got stolen . . . . how come, a LAPTOP in 1992 ????????

All you have to do is open a new tab, go to Google and type 1992 laptop and get this.... It took me less than 30 seconds to do.

1992 Laptop and this 1992 Laptop and this too IBM Think Pad 1992.

Or alternatively, you could read someone else's story and pick it apart without doing any research on the subject whatsoever to find that minor ridiculously trivial detail that will make you "King of Pedanticland", if only for a few minutes.

Whatever turns you on man.

P.S. If you don't know what Google is.... Google it.

Edited by ManInSurat
  • Like 1

Be careful,

Randy

( just saw there was already another post asking the same. Sorry for me doubling it.)

Beaten to it :-)

Edited by Hellhound66
  • Like 1

Obviously food poisoning? No I stronlgy disagree, but will agree it is a serial poisoner, or is commonly done.

I still think visine in the drinks could easily do this and explains all the facts- it is deadly and easy to do.

to carry on the vein of thought from the just now closed " food poisoning" thread - I buprofen is what all young women carry for cramps and menstruation explains the blood smears.

I was quoting the official statement #1, it is food poisoning. That is opposed to official statement #2 it is magic mushrooms or #3 it is alcohol mixed with prescrips or #4 the mystery portuguese people and possible date-rape / party-drug gone bad which imo is the biggest logic-fail so far.

I was just wondering why, on an island where there are earlier unsolved poisonings, there is no alarm bell ringing about a serial killer, when more girls show up poisoned. In the official statements this possibility is conspicuous by its absence. As I said about a week ago, in China and Thailand, suicide by drinking neat pesticide is a common suicide in poor areas, and that sort of culture makes it also a potential murder method.

Not all girls use ibuprofen for pmt, I used red-clover pills which is natural alternative. Anyway I was just saying, the police have gone through a long list of (sometimes offensive to the victims) suggestions as to the cause of death, several of these causes were partly or entirely the girls fault. at no point did the police suggest there may be a local serial killer on the island and it may be connected to the earlier poisoning deaths and I would like to know how they know this for a fact, when the obvious symptoms are of severe synthetic chemical poisoning.

Edited by Yunla

"Accidentally poisoned".

Now, to use the words of a poster on another thread, this does sound fishy.

ooops...a little bit of arsenic fell in your padkapow....ooops....a little more fell in......oooops last bit

Did you all miss something in the first post on Page 1?

I haven't read pages 4 or 5 yet, but everybody is still knocking the investigators and hoping for no foul play.

Page 1 clearly states, "Relatives of the sisters arrived in Thailand earlier this week. The women's bodies are reportedly back in Canada, according to CBC News."

The women's bodies are alledgly in Canada already.

Give over on the insinuations of Thai autopsy negligence, as the real truth will be found very darned quickly now!

-mel.

• Like 1

"Accidentally poisoned".

Now, to use the words of a poster on another thread, this does sound fishy.

ooops...a little bit of arsenic fell in your padkapow....ooops....a little more fell in......oooops last bit

But you can relax, cos we don't use MSG here. :(

thai autopsy report possibly out on tuesday

i thought they would wait until the canadians had published and then spin, but when its on tuesday already...

Please tell me. If the bodies are now in Canada, which would have taken 24 hours to arrange, and they were alledgly doing the autopsy in BKK yesterday, which autopsy report is coming out of BKK on Tuesday, after the bodies were not permitted to be interferred with?

-mel.. ermm.gif

Back in 1992 I was living at Cowboy Guest house in Chiang Mai for 3 month stay. I met a journalist named Richard who was also doing a long stay and I showed him around North Thailand as I could speak Thai and new many nice villages. A man who said he was from Spain was doing a short stay and befriended both of us. We knew him for about 3 days and he asked me if I would talk to girls and take the to japan, the USA or another country where he would them meet them and i would leave and get paid. I thought that very strange and wrong. That evening we went out on the town and he paid for our good time. In the day room he offered us yogurt and I said no thank you and I was going to bed. Richard took the yogurt and ate with him.

The next morning I was to meet Richard for breakfast and head out for a 3 day motorbike journey to visit villages. When he didn't show up i went to his room to wake him and there was no answer from my knocking. I then had Cowboy give me the keys to get into his room. He was laying their lifeless and would not respond to my trying to wake him up. Next to his bed was a heroin kit with needles, spoon, heroin and everying to make it look like a drug overdose. I ran downstairs and flagged a Songteaw. 3 of us carried Richard to the Songteaw and rushed him to McCormick hospital. Richard did survive but only barely. His laptop, money, passport and anything of value from his room was stolen.

Cowboy guest house did not take down passport information from guests at that time and is hopefully now out of business. I gave my full report to the police and informed the US consulate about the strange man from Spain wanting me to take girls out of the country for money.

When people are on holiday they put there guard down. They do things they would never do in their home country. Be vigilant, do not take food from strangers. It seams from the police report this man from Spain used a needle to put a heavy fast acting sleeping drug into Richards yogurt, shot him up with heroin, took everything he had and split right after.

I am so glad I DO NOT take food from strangers.

Be careful,

Randy

Your buddy had a laptop in 1992?

Possible...but they cost between $3000 and $5000 each...

First introduced late 70's, early 80's (1979 -1981) but (as previosly posted) very expensive and also very heavy.

thai autopsy report possibly out on tuesday

i thought they would wait until the canadians had published and then spin, but when its on tuesday already...

Please tell me. If the bodies are now in Canada, which would have taken 24 hours to arrange, and they were alledgly doing the autopsy in BKK yesterday, which autopsy report is coming out of BKK on Tuesday, after the bodies were not permitted to be interferred with?

-mel.. ermm.gif

An autopsy report in a case like this is almost surely to say little in terms of cause of body failures ... it is the toxicology reports that will answer the questions and those takes a couple weeks in the best case scenarios.

<deleted> has Sylvester Stallone got to do with anyof this this....he is not Portugese, well I dont think he is...Helicopter's and A-47....I know this thread is bizarre, but think we have a poster who has finally lost the plot.

Not sure if you're trolling or serious from reading all the other stuff I wrote in that same post, but anyway....

Did you seriously just read that part of the post? Has Hellhound got you all hot and flustered?

Mate, it's just tongue-in-cheek.

I'm sure that's what the bashers and conspiracy theorists see in their head when they're writing about this incident here.

That that's what these "hunted" Portuguese guys would go through when found. You know like a satirical take on how twisted people's minds get.

Throw Elvis and the Loch Ness monster in the chopper for good measure and the picture's complete.

(Alright, alright I saw the Expendables recently.)

Just trying to be silly to make a point. Sigh.

Lets try to keep that "trying to make a point" to a minimum Khun ManinSurat. Remember that this is TV Forum and we wouldn't want to confuse anyone whistling.gif

• Like 1

Lets try to keep that "trying to make a point" to a minimum Khun ManinSurat. Remember that this is TV Forum and we wouldn't want to confuse anyone whistling.gif

You actually made me laugh out loud. Probably the only time I've used the term "LOL" and actually meant it, in a while.

(I've just realised that that could seem insensitive with the nature of this thread. No offense intended!)

HAHAHAHAHAHA Ibuprofen thats the biggest joke i heard in years. Police in Thailand dont buy their jobs , dont scam exams, aren"t corrupt, very professional, very skillfull are the rolemodel for thai society, all policemen can speak (a little) english the best guy for the job get promoted not by seniority, not trigger happy, not intimidating, threat farangs equal like Thai citizens, Thai police you the best in the world...!!!!!!!!!! HUH?????

HAHAHAHAHAHA Ibuprofen thats the biggest joke i heard in years. Police in Thailand dont buy their jobs , dont scam exams, aren"t corrupt, very professional, very skillfull are the rolemodel for thai society, all policemen can speak (a little) english the best guy for the job get promoted not by seniority, not trigger happy, not intimidating, threat farangs equal like Thai citizens, Thai police you the best in the world...!!!!!!!!!! HUH?????

Ah! The good old totally-off-topic-soap-box-stereotyper. Behave now! There's a good poster.

34222390692.jpg

From "Mock The Week" BBC2 and on the topic of stereotyping.

David Cameron - an English old Etonian toff who's posher than is humanly possible.

Angela Merkel - a butch German battleaxe.

Francois Hollande - A Frechman who left his older wife for a young lover.

Barack Obama - The cool black guy.

Valdimir Putin - An ex-KGB spy who's actually murdered/tortured people.

Could they be more stereotypical!

Anyway, can we drag this thread back into the realms of ontopicness please? Cheers.

Edited by ManInSurat

Facebook picture browsing does not get to the temporary internet folder

It does. Facebook images are cached like any other image viewed when using a web browser.

If you're worried, I can remove them...for a price. ;)

Edited by RogueLeader

Are the police sure the portuguese guys name is Tinto, I have a suspition his name might have been Tonto, if so, I think I might have found his accomplice... cheesy.gif

Sorry, I just could not resist wai.gif

Sorry nothing really funny about the tragic deaths of two young girls.

Are the police sure the portuguese, Portuguese guys, guy`s name is Tinto, I have a suspition suspician his name might may have been Tonto, if so, I think I might may have found his accomplice.

I would first learn to spell before you crack jokes at the expense of someone else`s suffering.

Edited by Beetlejuice

And I also don't believe for a minute that the BIB are actually trying to blame Ibprofen for their deaths either.

If you've followed these types of stories for years, you can believe such tripe. Every time a sensational story like this surfaces, and it looks like it could damage Thailand's 'face' (and have a neg.affect on tourist dollars) - then silly proposals pop up from the get-go - from authorities. More than a few times, they trot out the old horse of 'poisoned fish' (which they tried in this case also). However, it's the first time I've heard Ibuprfen bandied around. A person can get sicker from OD'ing on MSG than IBuprofen, and there's a whole heck of a lot of MSG slathered on prepared food in Thailand - though I don't propose it's MSG, I just make that comparison to show the preposterousness of things speculative.

I can't believe the police are still trying to say Ibuprofen is some dangerous drug and imply it may have led to their deaths.

ibuprofen - What a joke

Maybe the 2 guys were trying to date rape the girls and put too high of a dose in their drinks..

That was my assumption since the 1st moment I heard of this tragedy.

Are the police sure the portuguese guys name is Tinto, I have a suspition his name might have been Tonto, if so, I think I might have found his accomplice... cheesy.gif

Are the police sure the portuguese, Portuguese guys, guy`s name is Tinto, I have a suspition suspician his name might may have been Tonto, if so, I think I might may have found his accomplice.

I would first learn to spell before you crack jokes at the expense of someone else`s suffering.

*Suspicion.

Right about the jokes though.

Edited by ManInSurat

Conflicting news reports, conflicting police statements. "Possible food poisoning, certainly nothing else" > "perhaps Ibuprofen, it's tremendously dangerous when taken with alcohol" > " signs of ingesting a toxic substance" > "hunting for Portuguese men" > what's next?.

Only Columbo can solve this case. Unfortunately, he's dead. Perhaps better sign it over to Inspector Clouseau.

Conflicting news reports, conflicting police statements. "Possible food poisoning, certainly nothing else" > "perhaps Ibuprofen, it's tremendously dangerous when taken with alcohol" > " signs of ingesting a toxic substance" > "hunting for Portuguese men" > what's next?.

Only Columbo can solve this case. Unfortunately, he's dead. Perhaps better sign it over to Inspector Clouseau.

I still see good old "Squinter" munching on cohibas on my TV. The loss of Peter Falk is very sad indeed.

I'm pretty sure Peter Sellers died a while back. If you are using Steve Martin as your Clouseau then you've got no right even using him as an example. Bad form, bad form.

• Like 1

Sorry something really tragic about the spelling and grammar lesson in relation to the tragic deaths of two young girls.

I bet it was another bed bug poisoning just like before in Chaing Mai... RIP!

Most likely applied by the same helpful maid that thought they were just sleeping (for two days!)....blink.png

Can't imagine the pain their family must be going through..... very sad...sad.png

Only one of the men would have had to have handed in their passport to the hotel when staying in one room.

I disagree. I just returned from Phuket 2 weeks ago. Everywhere we stayed on the island, each and every hotel demanded my passport as well as my g/f's passport or Thai ID as well. They never asked for my son's ID. This seems to be a Phuket thing and possibly other islands in the area as well. Makes sense to me.

And what suffering!!

Still the Lone Ranger here has had a laugh.

Only one of the men would have had to have handed in their passport to the hotel when staying in one room.

I disagree. I just returned from Phuket 2 weeks ago. Everywhere we stayed on the island, each and every hotel demanded my passport as well as my g/f's passport or Thai ID as well. They never asked for my son's ID. This seems to be a Phuket thing and possibly other islands in the area as well. Makes sense to me.

For foreigners, they only ask one passport per room. Only if your partner is Thai, or asian looking by the way, they will ask for her id/passport. Something to do with illegal immigrants/underage girls/robbing hookkers etc etc....