Thai Police Hunt For Portuguese Men In Phi-Phi Island Hotel Death Case

webfact

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bob had 1/2 a brain they would have reviewed all the CCTV footage as soon as 2 dead bodies showed up. They claim they know there name and where this person of interest stayed so then they also have his passport details. Why they go publishing names with out pictures to be on the look out for these guys tells me they are just trying to foul their names. Are they really even looking for them? Are they suspected of anything? Hunt carries some strong meaning.

So much sensationalism with very little actual facts. Very sad to see how this is progressing.

I sure hope I'm not found dead in my Thai house as we have all sorts of otc drugs like ibuprofen and cold and cough meds. Tiffy. .Decolgen and the like. Next thing all the experts here will say how I od . Many intentional suicide? Or maybe they say I'm high on all the illicit drugs they didn't find and that's why I od on tiffy.

Yes....got to be really careful with the Tiffy and Ibuprofen... a single dose over the prescibed limit and you are finished...wink.png

"This message brought to you by the RTP"

• Like 1

Hunting for two Portuguese men? Isn't that a pretty strong statement?

Maybe looking for people who came in contact with the two sisters OK but "HUNTING"?

I hope they have bulletproof wests.

Yea it seems so... Even if we should not think to much. But I never met any Portugese in Thailand from all those people i have seen around.

It almost sounds like an old story, where they picked up a "poor" person who was around a crime cene, because they needed someone to blame to calm down the situations... I hope it's not like this.

• Like 1

Here is a link to a news story about a similar incident that occurred in a two week time frame last year at another hotel in Thailand. Keep in mind that is only one hotel of several that these kind of deaths have occurred in Thailand since 2009. http://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2011/05/tourist-deaths-bed-bug-chemicals-blamed/

Since that story was printed last year about the Downtown Inn, the owner of that hotel gutted it and totally remodeled it only to find some of the problem still continued to exist. Earlier this month the owners of the newly remodeled Downtown Inn gave up and the entire hotel was torn down. These chemicals are illegal in most counties including Thailand but some hotel owners continue to use them anyway.

"Citing a source close to the investigation, The Post reports the sisters were spotted at various night spots on Phi Phi island alongside Tinto and another unidentified Portuguese national."

How do they know it was a Portuguese if he was unidentified?

Because he had a Moustache of course ! biggrin.png

• Like 1

The fact that they did not seek medical help suggests ingestion of illicit substances.

No it does not !

It might for examle suggest the time between becoming ill to collapsing unconcious was so short that they coulf not call for help.

But you insist on making sick assertions that they were commiting some substance crime - Go get some help !

It certainly does suggest something odd/off or suspicious and having taken an illegal substance in a foreign land hard on drugs could be one scenario. The only other one that currently seem plausible (though there could be many) that whatever effected the girls happened incredibly quick and incapacitated them both at the same time preventing either from picking up the hotel phone. But even if they took a drug, you would think at one point one of them would have called for help as they saw the other with such horrible symptoms unless there was a scenario like this which would be highly jumping to conclusions ... Portugese men gave them something they thought was a dug such as ecstasy, they started to become ill and the Portugese men advised them it is not uncommon for some people to become very sick they first time they take it and they just need to ride it out for a day but whatever they do, don't go to the hospital or they could risk a long time in a Thai prison.

Toxicology reports will be very telling but they take time .. again, can only guess and speculate on very limited facts available and some of which I imagine are not even actual facts.

cause of death - "Canadians eating seafood for the first time"?

''We are really not in a position to speculate,'' he said. ''But I have had one call from a Thai woman, married to a French-Canadian from the Quebec region, where the dead women are from.

''She said her husband suffered a very strong allergic reaction when he ate seafood in Thailand for the first time.''

The Superintendent of Krabi Town police, Colonel Jamroon Rumrom

from some paper with green

Police are now waiting for the report from the autopsies, which should be available on Tuesday week. Colonel Jamroon said today that food poisoning or some other kind of poisoning was the likely cause of death.

Now we know how Jamroon made Colonel...what great intellect and powers of deduction shown...cant get one over on him...

• Like 1

''We are really not in a position to speculate,'' he said. ''But I have had one call from a Thai woman, married to a French-Canadian from the Quebec region, where the dead women are from.

''She said her husband suffered a very strong allergic reaction when he ate seafood in Thailand for the first time.''

I am allergic to shellfish, all shellfish, It makes me vomit within 10 minutes of eating it, and then its over. Even a small piece of shrimp in a som tam that i don't notice does this.

It is not a lasting thing, well not with me anyway, but what are the chances of these girls, both suffering and both never haven eaten seafood before, and why would that be linked to some thai womans husband in canada,

the stupidity of the police here is staggering

Police are now waiting for the report from the autopsies, which should be available on Tuesday week. Colonel Jamroon said today that food poisoning or some other kind of poisoning was the likely cause of death.

Now we know how Jamroon made Colonel...what great intellect and powers of deduction shown...cant get one over on him...

It really is pathetic when the need to bash outweighs the need to prevent somebody from embarrassing themselves.

But did her husband die in a pool of his own vomit ?....

I love the "connections" being made....A Thai ladies husband is from Quebec and he had a reaction to sea food...ergo....all people from Quebec will die or get seriously ill the first time they eat sea food...Brillant logic..

I had the experience of a farang who drugged a friend of mine and he would of died if i didn't check on him. Here is the story.

Back in 1992 I was living at Cowboy Guest house in Chiang Mai for 3 month stay. I met a journalist named Richard who was also doing a long stay and I showed him around North Thailand as I could speak Thai and new many nice villages. A man who said he was from Spain was doing a short stay and befriended both of us. We knew him for about 3 days and he asked me if I would talk to girls and take the to japan, the USA or another country where he would them meet them and i would leave and get paid. I thought that very strange and wrong. That evening we went out on the town and he paid for our good time. In the day room he offered us yogurt and I said no thank you and I was going to bed. Richard took the yogurt and ate with him.

The next morning I was to meet Richard for breakfast and head out for a 3 day motorbike journey to visit villages. When he didn't show up i went to his room to wake him and there was no answer from my knocking. I then had Cowboy give me the keys to get into his room. He was laying their lifeless and would not respond to my trying to wake him up. Next to his bed was a heroin kit with needles, spoon, heroin and everying to make it look like a drug overdose. I ran downstairs and flagged a Songteaw. 3 of us carried Richard to the Songteaw and rushed him to McCormick hospital. Richard did survive but only barely. His laptop, money, passport and anything of value from his room was stolen.

Cowboy guest house did not take down passport information from guests at that time and is hopefully now out of business. I gave my full report to the police and informed the US consulate about the strange man from Spain wanting me to take girls out of the country for money.

In my experience living here I have found farangs can be more dangerous than Thais. many Russian, Chinese and European Mafias are in Thailand to exploit tourists.

When people are on holiday they put there guard down. They do things they would never do in their home country. Be vigilant, do not take food from strangers. It seams from the police report this man from Spain used a needle to put a heavy fast acting sleeping drug into Richards yogurt, shot him up with heroin, took everything he had and split right after.

I am so glad I DO NOT take food from strangers.

Be careful,

Randy

Your buddy had a laptop in 1992?

• Like 1

Why? It was only a case of food poisoning. Who will be made scapegoat this time? Why are the identical murders from 1999 on Phi Phi not solved, were the same two Portuguese men also on holiday or is it a typical case of it must be a foreigner because Thai people don't do such things?

You're making unwarrented assumptions.

Here we have two young, single, and unattached females who are on a holiday and (I assume) meet two attractive young men.

These girls were repordedly 20 and 26 and therefore past the "age of cosent".

These guys therefore can not be assumed to have any part in their deaths UNTIL proven otherwise.

The police mearely want to question thse guys who were the apparently last people to see the women alive.

Likewise, one can not categorically assume these WOMEN (not girls) did not voluntarily take some substance...for want of a better term, drugs...until tests show what exactly caused the death of these two women.

To be fair, the "contaminated food" assumption is also a unwarrented assumption until tests prove it to be true, isn't it.

Until there is more information available....making assumotions is foolish.

rolleyes.gif

I don't think that the police may have the Portugese men in their sights as possible suspects but merely want to talk to them to find out the movements and habits of the girls leading up to their unfortunate death. I am actually encourage by this development and feel the BIB are on the job with this one [ please don't burn me hard on this statement guys].It was hard to say believe me. And I also don't believe for a minute that the BIB are actually trying to blame Ibprofen for their deaths either.

First off, if the police were just looking to talk to them why would there be headlines that say "police hunt for..." How would you feel if the police were "hunting" for you in Thailand? Besides, if they knew the score here, or talked to someone who did they would know that there is a good possibliity that the police might try to pin this on them, at the very least its going to be a nightmare situation for them to deal with.

Second, of course they don't believe ibuprofen caused their deaths, they're just hoping the uneducated masses assume they did from their strategically placed innapropriate comment.

I would love to have even a grain of faith in the authorities here, but experience tells me otherwise.

Not holiday snaps, she was a Bar Pimp working for the Velvet Dojo -the later pictures were of her in action.

Where are the pics?

She removed 139 pictures yesterday from her Facebook page.

Interesting. As were some of her statements reported by her to the press.

Sami Kay (24) also fell ill and spent three days in hospital. She paid about £200 for a year's insurance.

''My job is going out and speaking to people and handing them leaflets, taking them into bars and restaurants and chatting to them,"

"I was just talking with them and dancing with them last week.''

''One of my friends walked one of them home and he was arrested but they know it wasn't anything to do with him."

"you can buy all sorts of stuff here and some people say it could have been something they bought on the beach. You have to be really careful about what you buy and where you buy it from."

"I really just want to get to Australia now. I can't wait to get out of here."

I wonder if the friend arrested happened to be Portuguese.man named Tinto..

This is worthy of a crime story, sort of MISS MARPLE and INSPECTOR BARNABY. Two elderly sisters suddenly feeling young again, go on a night club spree with a strange Portuguese. We do not know about any serious life problems that should have caused the sisters to commit suicide. 60-year old women do not normally take benzo drink mixes that would make them pass out, do they?

Before to make assumptions, or even posting, you really should try to get (at least) the facts right.

Not holiday snaps, she was a Bar Pimp working for the Velvet Dojo -the later pictures were of her in action.

Where are the pics?

She removed 139 pictures yesterday from her Facebook page.

But you have the notes right ? and one assumes you downloaded said photo's for future reference ?

Gawd when I kick the bucket I hope it's in suspicious circumstances in Thailand..........I wouldn't want to deny you guys a lot of fun. coffee1.gif

Indeed. People have died and as usual a cross-section of posters treat it like a joke. Please have some respect.

• Like 1

Until there is more information available....making assumotions is foolish.

So, true but would you expect anything less from us here in biased cyber sleuthing heaven where we all know more than the professionals if they happened to be Thai?

This is worthy of a crime story, sort of MISS MARPLE and INSPECTOR BARNABY. Two elderly sisters suddenly feeling young again, go on a night club spree with a strange Portuguese. We do not know about any serious life problems that should have caused the sisters to commit suicide. 60-year old women do not normally take benzo drink mixes that would make them pass out, do they?

Before to make assumptions, or even posting, you really should try to get (at least) the facts right.

What facts....this whole thread is full of assumptions and speculation....why not add this one as well...the young ladies were cunningly disgused as a 60 year old woman...