Parking At Cnx - Long Term

ChiangMai101

We've seen cars parked there for what looks like months or possibly they are just abandoned.

They'll charge you 100 baht a day but wonder what the cost would be if you lost your ticket?

New parking rate at Chiang Mai air port started on 1 June 2012 :

1 - 8 minutes free

9 - 30 minutes 10 baht

31- 1 and half hour 20 baht

1 hour and 31 minutes - 2 and half hour 30 baht

2 hours and 31 minutes - 3 and half hour 40 baht

3 hours and 31 minutes - 6 hours 100 baht

6 hours - 24 hours 200 baht

More info. call 053-922 383.

we are leaving for a week on monday and had called and gotten the new rates... so... it is taxi time for us... and since our flight is at 7am and taxi must pick us up early, it is 300baht to airport from Ruam Chok at that time of the morning. All in all, still cheaper than paying those overnight fees and our car is safe at home.

in USA if you claim you lose your ticket, they can check the daily logs and see how long you have been parked (tried it once at SFO)... and those are much larger parking lots in SFO... would not be surprised if they go thru nightly and note car license plates in CNX also... losing ticket may not work...

That's getting to be some silly prices. Wonder if the taxi 'consortium' are not getting enough customers? wink.png

Not many international airports where you can park all day for less than 10 Baht an hour.

That's getting to be some silly prices. Wonder if the taxi 'consortium' are not getting enough customers? wink.png

Not many international airports where you can park all day for less than 10 Baht an hour.

Cheaper at Suvarnabhumi which is a 'real' International airport/gateway at 140 Baht/day. Still think it is silly prices for a small International facility servicing a very localized region.

Cheaper at Suvarnabhumi which is a 'real' International airport/gateway at 140 Baht/day. Still think it is silly prices for a small International facility servicing a very localized region.

I didn't know that Tywais..........bloody expensive that Chiang Mai Airport parking lot! annoyed.gif

New parking rate at Chiang Mai air port started on 1 June 2012 :

1 - 8 minutes free

9 - 30 minutes 10 baht

31- 1 and half hour 20 baht

1 hour and 31 minutes - 2 and half hour 30 baht

2 hours and 31 minutes - 3 and half hour 40 baht

3 hours and 31 minutes - 6 hours 100 baht

More info. call 053-922 383.

Cheap as chips.

NOW lets compare them with Sydney International Airport:

Stay

Fee

0 to 15 minutes FREE

16 minutes to 1/2 hr$7.00 (217baht)

1/2 to 1 hr $16.00 (494baht)

1 to 2 hrs $23.00 (713baht)

2 to 3 hrs $29.00 (899baht)

3 to 24 hrs $56.00 (1344baht)

2 days $112.00 (3472baht)

3 days $168.00 (5208baht)

Each additional day or part thereof

$20.00 (600baht)

I think it was only 50฿ per day just a couple of years ago?Then jumped to 100฿ now 200฿,that's inflation for you.

I guess there must 100's of freebies/concessions as the car park seems to be full whenever I go and I don't see the regular travelers paying 200฿ a day.

Yeah.....200thb/day. Checked 2 days ago, as we're planning a week's trip. Seems that @ 200/day you would get a covered parking slot. Even the new bus station has covered parking, but forget how much their rate is.

I have a small leak in my truck's door gasket that soaks the interior.

Could bring a car cover..... anyone seen vehicles covered at airport??

Yeah.....200thb/day. Checked 2 days ago, as we're planning a week's trip. Seems that @ 200/day you would get a covered parking slot. Even the new bus station has covered parking, but forget how much their rate is.

I have a small leak in my truck's door gasket that soaks the interior.

Could bring a car cover..... anyone seen vehicles covered at airport??

The last time I parked there I used my car cover. I was there for 5 days. Did see other cars covered also. I would make sure that your cover is well secured, strong winds can gust around there.

I think it was only 50฿ per day just a couple of years ago?Then jumped to 100฿ now 200฿,that's inflation for you.

I guess there must 100's of freebies/concessions as the car park seems to be full whenever I go and I don't see the regular travelers paying 200฿ a day.

I highly doubt you have seen many regular travelers since the new rates went into effect three weeks ago. Give it time and you will start to see empty parking spaces.