The Paddock Rachada Rd - Riding Kit

necronx99

Just a heads up, though it may not be news to anyone...

Just came back from a riding gear shop in Ratchada Soi 11 Bangkok.

Called the paddock, occupies 3 good sized shops side by side, a good selection of both on and off road gear, helmets, boots, gloves and jackets, body armor etc.

Have stock not on display, and importantly have x and xxls sizes in stock.

Picked up a xxl series 8 oneal moto x helmet for 6900 baht, down from 15k which put it on a par with prices in Oz for the same helmet.

Seemed to be quite a few items on discount.

i got my Shoei helmet and Komine jacket from there too.

I could not get any discount for Shoei - i bought it for 22,000 thb 4 years something ago.

I bought the Komine jacket 6 months ago for 2800 thb man! just for a fake jacket price from Khlong Tom - China Town.

I always go there once in two months to chekc the discounted prices and recommend everyone to do so.

Last Friday I bought an AVG K3 Rossi replica for 6,500

I recently got an AGV GP Tech. There were a couple of QC issues, so I swapped it for the AGV Grid. Both have great ventilation, but they are both very noisy. How is yours?

i had a AGV K3 and i was not happy with it most problem is think its because they are using only one shell for all sizes. Wasnt really comfortable and on high speed looking sideways alot of movements + visor opening!! i think due to the big shell.... swapped to X-lite which is a big difference!

I could not get any discount for Shoei - i bought it for 22,000 thb 4 years something ago.

I bought the Komine jacket 6 months ago for 2800 thb man! just for a fake jacket price from Khlong Tom - China Town.

I always go there once in two months to chekc the discounted prices and recommend everyone to do so.

The Paddock is selling fake gear from china town ?

The Paddock is selling fake gear from china town ?

I do not think so. At least my red komine jacket is real for sure.

No man, they do great discounts for their old inventory once the new models arrive like same prices of fake ones you can find near China Town and Khlong Tom.

Besides, how i bought mine like dirt cheap for 2800 thb as it is red and what i learnt from them that, riders do not like red jackets in Bangkok due to their resemblance to Kentucky fried Chicken bike delivery red jackets hahahaclap2.gif

Typical Thai mentality but i do not care as it is a real Komine, good quality and it is flashy red so everyone knows i am coming and it magnetizes girls for instant pillion rider needs.biggrin.png

So, if you see a Kentucky Fried Chicken guy on a red cbr250, it is me man hahah.

Edited by loserlazer

I buy most of my stuff (jackets, pants, helmets, shoes) from Paddock but I always wonder how they can survive financially. I would hazard that there are probably less than 1,000 of us in Bangkok (maybe even the whole of Thailand for that matter) that realise the importance of ATGATT. I almost never ever see a Thai donning full protection on the streets so who is Paddock selling all their stuff to?

I wonder if there's more than meets the eye here.

I buy most of my stuff (jackets, pants, helmets, shoes) from Paddock but I always wonder how they can survive financially. I would hazard that there are probably less than 1,000 of us in Bangkok (maybe even the whole of Thailand for that matter) that realise the importance of ATGATT. I almost never ever see a Thai donning full protection on the streets so who is Paddock selling all their stuff to?

They have a proper website, so may do some mail order, also while you don't see a lot of gear on the street, the track guys have to shop somewhere.

Who can wear full protection on the streets? It is good to kill yourself on 50 degree Celcius asphalt.

Full protection is for track or for touring so it is normal not to see them on streets on cities. Most of the people i know riding big bikes prefer to ride smallish bikes for their commuting as well with less protection.

But, i am also septic sometime about Paddock pricing like either some of their stuff is fake - i do not give it much chance but TIT - , second hand or defective goods - much more bigger probability - and old models - the biggest probability - of manufacturers from Japan?

Who can wear full protection on the streets? It is good to kill yourself on 50 degree Celcius asphalt.

Full protection is for track or for touring so it is normal not to see them on streets on cities. Most of the people i know riding big bikes prefer to ride smallish bikes for their commuting as well with less protection.

But, i am also septic sometime about Paddock pricing like either some of their stuff is fake - i do not give it much chance but TIT - , second hand or defective goods - much more bigger probability - and old models - the biggest probability - of manufacturers from Japan?

By full protection, I don't mean racing leathers of course. But more often than not, as long as I'm going out for more than a 5 min ride to the 7-11, I wear gloves plus my mesh jacket with elbow and shoulder guards and sometimes even my ankle high alpinestars boots. A fall is a fall and I would rather not have any road rash to boast of.

imagine dressed up valentino rossi in full leathers on a sweltering hot sunny afternoon ,stuck in a traffic jam behind buses for 2 hours trying to get across the city :D

full gear is not something i could wear for running errands around bkk

I try to wear a decent pair of work boots ,jeans and a t shirt + almost always helmet

going to another province on express way ( speeds of 80-160kmph ) i try to wear an armoured jacket as well but if i expect the roads to be jammed

i dont take the jacket because its too uncomfortable to be soaked in sweat sitting on a roasting engine and stuck behind something with no place to pass

through

imagine dressed up valentino rossi in full leathers on a sweltering hot sunny afternoon ,stuck in a traffic jam behind buses for 2 hours trying to get across the city biggrin.png

full gear is not something i could wear for running errands around bkk

I try to wear a decent pair of work boots ,jeans and a t shirt + almost always helmet

going to another province on express way ( speeds of 80-160kmph ) i try to wear an armoured jacket as well but if i expect the roads to be jammed

i dont take the jacket because its too uncomfortable to be soaked in sweat sitting on a roasting engine and stuck behind something with no place to pass

through

I always wear a helmet when riding on public roads, if not for anything, just so to give the cops one less reason to stop me.

I almost always wear a very light weight Bering padded mesh jacket which allows the wind and even a breeze to pass through freely when stopped for short, slowish trips. I just feel more secure especially considering the amount of idiotic drivers out there. I'm also thinking of investing in one of those HyperKewl evaporative cooling vests. Anyone had any experience with one of these?

In the last 10 months I've brought the following from Paddock

HJC Helmet

Sidi Riding Ankle Boots

Sidi Street Burner Ankle Boots

Komine Armored Lightweight Mesh Jacket

Komine Armored Titanium Mesh Jacket with Chest and Back armor.

Komine Sports Touring Mesh Pants (full armor)

AlpineStars Tankbag/Backpack

RS Tachi Racing Gloves

RS Tachi Short Mesh Gloves

Komine Short Leather Gloves

So now my bonafides as a Paddock customer are established I can say for most items they do offer value for money but old stock usually. My guess is that they can pick up expiring from Japan and very good prices. The only thing to watch out for is cheap quality brand helmets, because they can be older than you think.

Last Friday I bought an AVG K3 Rossi replica for 6,500

I recently got an AGV GP Tech. There were a couple of QC issues, so I swapped it for the AGV Grid. Both have great ventilation, but they are both very noisy. How is yours?

I mine is very quiet and vents beautifully!! I love it

Sorry for my horrible spelling. By my K3 is comfortable quiet and vent very well. While riding in the rain the air flow quickly blows the water off the visor. The only part that I'm really not to fond of is the double ring chin strap lock. Other then that the helmet is the best that I have ever had. And I really enjoy using it.

My first helmet an HJC CSR1(I think) still have

Second a Real (998) I sold

AGV K3