Moo Ban Pool Now Open To The Public - Only In Thailand

egdirb

Went for a swim today in the Laguna Moo Ban pool. Usually on a Saturday there are a handful of kids. Today there were about 50 or so. It was mayhem. Apparently Laguna have decided to open the pool to school groups and charge them 50 baht a head. All those that bought into Laguna and though you would have an enjoyable pool to use, think again.

I was probably one of the first to catch on to Moobaan Laguna after the pool was constructed. For about the first year, it was only me and one German guy that had the pool to ourselves from 11:00 when it opened until about 15:00 M-F. Weekends there were always loads of kids. After the first year some farangs found it and told their friends. Then the Chinese started showing up there in large groups. Then the 2nd year into my membership many kids began to arrive during the day while the parents huddled under umbrellas. Pretty soon it was impossible to swim a lap in the pool. The last 3 or 4 times I went there and tried to swim there had to have been 70 people in the pool. I threw my 1,000 Baht membership card in the trash can on the way out (with about 5 months remaining). Oh well, it was great that first year!

Oh and be careful if you decide to use the gym. The equipment (was) very poor quality and in need of repair. Using one of the machines there that broke while I was lifting weights is what caused my neck injury that caused me more than 16 months of pain and numerous medical bills.

Green Valley put in a pool about 20 years after it was promised then opened it to the public for a fee, they charge residents a fee also. The residents are pissed about the Green Valley management over many issues and are preparing to sue. It seems to be not uncommon for developers to screw their buyers often by a succession of "small" things. Take them to court promptly.

Anything is posible in amazing Thailand. In my moobahn the developer decided to build more houses on the public garden areas. Then demolished all the decorative plantings and facia at the entrance to build two row of shop houses. Latest plan which is being opposed by residents was an attempt to sell the clubhouse and pool area. No problem for me as live at the quieter end in a small place but it must be very upsetting for the people who spent 8 to 10 million on a house only to see the nice surroundings and facilities being removed.

More of a concern to me is the farang dummies who bought a house in their ex BG girlfriends name then either left or were booted out. Now we have a bunch of houses owned by the Thai equivelent of council estate chavs. Never pay maintenance fee, never paint the house or keep it tidy and all have f**kin annoying yapping dogs and crying kids..

Why move to a 8um4uck Issan village when they can bring it to your doorstep ?

• Like 2

"Rent don't buy"... yeah so who pays the moobaan fees..ahhr the tenant. Brilliant strategy.

It has always confounded me that Moobaans provide facilities (until they wear out and are closed), they then charge residents substantial fees to actually to live there, then if they actually hgave the gall to want to use said facilities they have to pay extra for them. On top of that they are usually open to the public as well on a user basis, who do not of course pay hefty monthly maintenance fees.

One moment in a beer inspired moment of clarity it occourred to me that it is all a con. Is more money made selling the moobaan or managing it?

I'll take 70 midgets peeing in my pool any day over the disgrace of a pool at my gym, which shall remain un-named due to the harsh Thai defamation laws.

About 2 weeks ago it started to have an algae bloom.

Today it is still an absolute bubbling green pea soup.

Every day, a "team" of "experts" in spiffy uniforms show up, and dump buckets and buckets of various toxic powders and liquids into the water.

I am certain they don't have even a slight clue what they are doing.

Miracle Thailand is the new motto from TAT.

They need a miracle to cure some of the incompetence that seems to be rising around here....whistling.gif

post-23786-0-42983300-1340466597_thumb.j

I'll take 70 midgets peeing in my pool any day over the disgrace of a pool at my gym, which shall remain un-named due to the harsh Thai defamation laws.

About 2 weeks ago it started to have an algae bloom.

Today it is still an absolute bubbling green pea soup.

Every day, a "team" of "experts" in spiffy uniforms show up, and dump buckets and buckets of various toxic powders and liquids into the water.

I am certain they don't have even a slight clue what they are doing.

Miracle Thailand is the new motto from TAT.

They need a miracle to cure some of the incompetence that seems to be rising around here....whistling.gif

post-23786-0-42983300-1340466597_thumb.j

That's a very nice picture with the image of the trees reflecting back off the -------------- sludge!

It looks like it has the capability to burn through the pool and create a major ecological disaster,nice shade of green though.

Honestly I don't understand this topic at all. You buy the house, not exclusive pool use. Anyone can go to any development and use the pool, for whatever the fee is for the public. Sometimes the fee for non-residents is higher, but sometimes it's not. And almost always you can become a member too.

But some of us have to buy something for the missus?

Rent, don't buy. smile.png

One suggestion:

post-49205-0-02024300-1340503837_thumb.j

Semper: for you that was very good, hats off to you.

my missus wanted a new a bag and belt........I dont think she expected me to get her a new Hoover

• Like 1

you have to accept the fact that living in Thiland is different from other countries. In Singapore for instance the moo baans and condos are run by a comittee of residents who control everything like fees and renovations. It is a non profit organisation run for the sole benifit of the residents. Once the projects are finished the developers have nothing more to do with it. Another good thing is that 10% of the purchase price is held back from the developers for 1 year in case anyrthing goes wrong needs repairing. (like a one year guarantee). I would never buy a condo or moo baan house in Thailand unless the residents had a say in running the place. You must carefully study the purchase contact if you want to buy. In some other countries the developers have to give a full account of expenditure on maintenance and thier management fees are capped.

But some of us have to buy something for the missus?

Rent, don't buy. smile.png

One suggestion:

post-49205-0-02024300-1340503837_thumb.j

Semper: for you that was very good, hats off to you.

my missus wanted a new a bag and belt........I dont think she expected me to get her a new Hoover

I hate those filthy bags!

Absolutely shocking .....not the school kids in the pool but the fact that they are letting Thai children into schools and thereby facilitating this pool outrage, where will it end. Next they'll be voting, independantly thinking, become aspirational.....Mark my words one day they'll think they own the place, like they have a right to be here.....Been accessing Laguna with the family and kids, and (shock horror) friends of family...but I never relieved myself their ...honestOkay maybe once

Edited by mamborobert
  • Like 1