Motor Cycle Drivers Licence?

I already have a thai drivers license since many years just curious to know that if I apply for a motor cycle license should I have to go through the whole process (written test, driving test etc.) or can I present my car license to prove that I know all the traffic laws to avoid the hassle?

Any one?

The car licence and the motorcycle licence are two different licences. Yes, you have to go through the whole process again, which can be completed in a day and is much less complicated than in, say, Germany.

When you renew, you need to take only one eye-sight test etc for reneweing both licences at the same time.

• 4 months later...

Has anybody renewed their drivers licence recently?

Can anybody help please, my (1 year Thia) licence ran out in July, I was back in the UK at the time so couldn't renew on time. I've been told that the rules have been altered, I can't just renew and that I will have to retake the full test to get a 5year licence.

I think you‘ll have to take the test again if your licence expired, but am not sure. The test is not diffucult, and all would be done within a day. According to my friend‘s experience in Bangkok 2 or 3 years ago.

Why would anyone use an agent for such a simple thing as a DL?

Sent from my LG-P698f using Thaivisa Connect App

Thanks everybody for your comments, I know the test isn't too difficult, the only thing I dread if I have to retake is the ride along the yellow line.

When I took my test before I dropped off the line (at Rayong it is a couple of inches high) he let me start again, about two bike lengths from the end I dropped off again.

I retook it next day and made it.

So I really do hope Mr MJCM's answer is the right one.

(if you were down Phayoon Beach road Banchang a year last July and spotted a crazy farang practising starting off in a straight line then stopping again for another go it was me, much to the amusement of a gang working on the road!!!)

Thanks everybody for your comments, I know the test isn't too difficult, the only thing I dread if I have to retake is the ride along the yellow line.

When I took my test before I dropped off the line (at Rayong it is a couple of inches high) he let me start again, about two bike lengths from the end I dropped off again.

(if you were down Phayoon Beach road Banchang a year last July and spotted a crazy farang practising starting off in a straight line then stopping again for another go it was me, much to the amusement of a gang working on the road!!!)

He called me Mr wink.pngwai.gif

I understand what you are saying, I failed the same thing in Pattaya and (I think) that it was only because of my wife (sweet talking them) that they passed me. violin.gif

Edit: //

Please post again about your experiences when you have your new license

Edited by MJCM

I understand what you are saying, I failed the same thing in Pattaya and (I think) that it was only because of my wife (sweet talking them) that they passed me. violin.gif

Don't let it go to your head, I'm only being polite because I don't know you and you might be bigger than me biggrin.png

If you are wrong and I have to take it again I might easily call you something entirely different. whistling.gifwai2.gif

Don't let it go to your head, I'm only being polite because I don't know you and you might be bigger than me biggrin.png

If you are wrong and I have to take it again I might easily call you something entirely different. whistling.gifwai2.gif

Good One clap2.gif

Edited by MJCM

Good One clap2.gif

Thanks, rolleyes.gif